Saturday 19th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Celtic v Aberdeen

Aberdeen v Ross County - Match Thread

Failing to score at home against any SPL team is simply not acceptable. The odd score draw here and there is ok, but drawing a blank against this lot is just very very bad.

Against the first division champions who haven't lost a game for what? 38 games? Slight over-reaction BTR. We were extremely unlucky not to hit the back of the net.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slight over-reaction BTR.

No it isn't. You could roll a Craig Brown-shaped sausage up Union Street and it wouldn't even touch the sides of over-reaction. It's two points dropped and I'm clearly not the only one to think so.

We should score in every home game, I consider that to be a realistic minimum requirement. From time to time events will conspire against us and this may well be one of those times, but one thing I don't believe in is luck. Hard luck isn't what got us a pitiful goals for tally last season, nor pitiful 9th placed finishes 3 successive seasons. You want to blame hard luck, be my guest, but for me, this AFC team has a lot to prove.

Over-reaction? Not at all.

I think you can, you can have alcohol in your bag so long as you don't drink it or have it visibly showing after 9pm or before 10am.

Scotrail tweeted me last week saying that trains before football games will have alcohol bans more often now. I wondered if that is just between cities that the playing clubs are from or any train going to any city with a game on which arrives at the time that football fans are likely to arrive.

As in my new thread in 'Off Topic' I had a partially drunk case of Miller in my bag getting on train in Dundee just before 9pm. Noone came around the train to check, so I was able to discreetly have a couple. Do wonder how the Edinburgh guys on direct train got on, as wifie wis a crabbit jobsworth well before 8pm farless 9!

Regarding game, as others have said we just didn't look like scoring. Defensively solid, but lack the spark / creativity in the last third. Was so optimistic that we'd play more attacking game this season with the wide players brought in, but sadly not so far.

I can't fault the effort from the players, and nae need for the boo's at FT.

As in my new thread in 'Off Topic' I had a partially drunk case of Miller in my bag getting on train in Dundee just before 9pm. Noone came around the train to check, so I was able to discreetly have a couple. Do wonder how the Edinburgh guys on direct train got on, as wifie wis a crabbit jobsworth well before 8pm farless 9!

Came round on our train on the Sunday and told anyone with beer they had to finish by 9 or Transport polis would be waiting at next Station. Quite aggressive about it as well. Think it is going to be down to which train crew you have on.

I agree with BTR, I do not think it's acceptable failing to score at home. It was yet another huge opportunity missed in terms of trying to woo potential fans back.

I'm not panicking yet, but the longer we go not scoring, the worse our confidence in front of goal will be (case in point, last season).  CB potentially has a team worth watching, I just wish he'd let them go and also sign a striker.  The positive was that the defence seem to be solid, which is always a good foundation to start with.

one thing I don't believe in is luck. Hard luck isn't what got us a pitiful goals for tally last season, nor pitiful 9th placed finishes 3 successive seasons. You want to blame hard luck, be my guest, but for me, this AFC team has a lot to prove.

Unfortunately I agree with this. Vernon's miss was no more or less about luck than Langfield's howler in the previous game. Both were surely about an amateurish lack of concentration. Both totally unacceptable.

Oh, and I have been delighted with Ozbomb's shifts at right back so far. That's a major hole filled if he stays fit and hopefully we can put Jack back in the middle.

He is a good RB (in particular I remember him moving there at Ibrox with a head bandage and being superb) but playing that position last year was how he did his hammy if I remember right, and we are totally lost without him fit. I'd personally have Ozzie at CM and Jack at RB because I think the bite in the middle of the park is what we need most. If Jack's not having an impact in a game then he can always be moved into midfield.