Pawlett: I'm over injury hell (and away to St Johnstone until January)

They regrettably are tlg, it's just where we are. We can aim higher of course but based on the last couple seasons  . . . .

I'm feeling really optimistic about this season, the balance of the squad is really coming together nicely and the more the team plays together the better they will get.  I think we have a real chance to  finish top 3

I think this move could be a good move for all parties concerned. If Pawlett wasn't going to get much game time with Hayes, Fraser and McGinn all before him in the pecking order then heading oot on loan was the best thing for him. We don't play St Johnstone again until the 22nd of December and even when we do, I very much doubt he'll be allowed to play against us. He'll be playing SPL football for hopefully the next 6 months (barring injuries and suspensions), hopefully he'll be able to find the form that he showed a couple of seasons ago and come back to Pittodrie a fitter and more confident player, ready to really push on and claim a first team place again.

I think this move could be a good move for all parties concerned. If Pawlett wasn't going to get much game time with Hayes, Fraser and McGinn all before him in the pecking order then heading oot on loan was the best thing for him. We don't play St Johnstone again until the 22nd of December and even when we do, I very much doubt he'll be allowed to play against us. He'll be playing SPL football for hopefully the next 6 months (barring injuries and suspensions), hopefully he'll be able to find the form that he showed a couple of seasons ago and come back to Pittodrie a fitter and more confident player, ready to really push on and claim a first team place again.

The move is for 4 months and McGinn is out for 2 months.

Makes no sense to me what so ever.

The move is for 4 months and McGinn is out for 2 months.

Makes no sense to me what so ever.

Initial reaction is exactly the same as yours GS

Can only assume there is another factor involved here about which we don't know, so on that basis I've decided to wait until closure of transfer window before I pass full judgement on the wisdom of this decision

Initial reaction is exactly the same as yours GS

Can only assume there is another factor involved here about which we don't know, so on that basis I've decided to wait until closure of transfer window before I pass full judgement on the wisdom of this decision

One article I read this morning said Brown had told Pawlett he is not part of the first team plans so that is why he agreed to loan.

It worked in our favour for Chris Maguire and this is  not necessarily any different.  He's obviously not in Brown's plans and his injury record makes him very unreliable.  This way we let St Johnstone take on the burden of keeping him fit and if they do, he might prove he's over it at last.  It's a win-win situation in my opinion especially if it frees up a wage for half a season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...