Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

St Johnstone v Aberdeen

glasgow sheep

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great result. sounded as though it would've been far more comfortable if the ref hadn't done everything possible to keep st j in the game at 2-0

Aye it sounded like we tried to play good football again today, dominated the game and should have had a couple more at least.  The commentators were fairly adamant that there should have been a penalty and possibly one of the offside goals should have stood. Fraser sounded excellent too.

Big positives to be taken.  ;D

Anderson sounded solid again, wonder if MBT still has a bee in his bonnet about re-signing him?  ::)

Did we play well?

Why was Ando taken off....injury?

ED, I'll be delighted to be proven wrong re my concern about Anderson, I just think we could have spent his wages on a fitter, non-injury-prone player just as good.

He was taken off with a cut on his horehead due to an elbow to the heid, apart from that he's been fully fit since the end of last season I believe.  The defence has looked very solid in the last 3 games and he certainly marshalled it well against Celtic and county, as well as today from the sounds of things.

Much better today with Ryan Fraser outstanding. St J were poor but Dons took control of the game from the off and never looked like losing. Should have won by more. Special mention to the ref who was one of the biggest homers I have seen for a while. Utter cunt. Would like to see highlights of Vernons offside goals as not convinced both were.

Much better today with Ryan Fraser outstanding. St J were poor but Dons took control of the game from the off and never looked like losing. Should have won by more. Special mention to the ref who was one of the biggest homers I have seen for a while. Utter cunt. Would like to see highlights of Vernons offside goals as not convinced both were.

It was Vernon.....

[/quote

northsound were saying there was a blatant handball that stopped a vernon shot going in. And anderson was also blatantly elbowed.

It was Vernon.....

Fuck off with that shite.

Vernon played really well today and his two headed goals that were chopped off were superb finishes and he doesn't deserve such derision.  Could have been offside, but in all fairness, his performance perked up after the first and I think that signals that the guy just needs a goal to get his season going.

Aberdeen played very well today, and MBT, as soon as Anderson went off we sat deeper and deeper and that prob cost the goal.  Anderson is a fucking great player for us.

Fraser had a good game and I have to say the balance of Hughes, rae and Jack in midfield is good. It seems an unpopular opinion but i really like Hughes. Constantly looks to get beyond the midfield (his back heel to Hayes...superb) but also isn't afraid to go back if needed.

It seems an unpopular opinion but i really like Hughes. Constantly looks to get beyond the midfield (his back heel to Hayes...superb) but also isn't afraid to go back if needed.

I thought Hughes was excellent today and impressive against County too. Playing with Jack and Rae behind him in midfield seems to give him plenty freedom to break forward - albeit slowly - and he has the requisite skill to be a menace in that sense.

hughes has always looked good enough to me. would have milsom ahead of rae though.

I'm baffled Milsom and Paton still didn't getting a look in after a good showing midweek. Even if both want to leave the club it'd be as well to play them while they want to impress.

over the piece though i'm happier with this team than i've been in a few years. stuttered in the first two games and should be sitting on 7 pts but looking up the way instead of down for a change.