draws vs hivs

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We played some great stuff in large spells of the game and dominated most of it.  Just strange that after the 2nd we seemed to sit back for a bit. How on earth did the ref not give a penalty for the handball in the first half though?!?

Was impressed with all today, though Langfields kicking was atrocious and I have no idea what he was doing for their equaliser!

Edit: Great 3 points today, COYR!

Better today. More like a 4-4-2 today with McGinn playing alongside Vernon and team seemed play better for it. Fraser again given scant protection from ref. Limped of today after being kicked up and down pitch. Hughges was one weak point today. Sooner Milsom is fit to replace him the better. Good result as Hibs looked a decent side and bore no resemblance to the team that almost went down last season.

Off to see Cove in Scottish Cup now.

Better today. More like a 4-4-2 today with McGinn playing alongside Vernon and team seemed play better for it. Fraser again given scant protection from ref. Limped of today after being kicked up and down pitch. Hughges was one weak point today. Sooner Milsom is fit to replace him the better. Good result as Hibs looked a decent side and bore no resemblance to the team that almost went down last season.

Off to see Cove in Scottish Cup now.

Did you actually enjoy yourself today Jute?  :o;)

Aye, the thing that shocked me was that Hibs completely controlled the first five minutes, but we went and scored with our first attack. FANTASTIC piece of skill fae Vernon to get the initial strike in which the Hibees keeper spilled for McGinn.

I thought Magennis was inspirational when he came on. When I saw Fraser limp off and him come on, I predicted that we would lose all signs of creativeness. Turns out pretty much everything came from Magennis from that moment onwards. The SPL really is completely open this season for anyone to win!

As the commentary on ESPN suggested, Fraser is just going to have to get used to brutal hacks taking him down because he is a talented winger.

It's a sad state of affairs, really. Such a talented player who is worth the admission price alone is given absolutely no protection from the relentless hack tactics from the league's ogre-players.