Front Four

Surely it is time for Vernon to be dropped. He works hard but his job is to score goals and is failing miserably at that.

How about starting, as we finished yesterday, with Hayes Fraser, McGinn and Smith on. Set up with Smith through the middle and McGinn just behind but all three could have the freedom to swap around.

Gets us playing to our strengths rather than hoofing the ball up to Vernon. Also means we aren't looking to runs from our super slow mo midfield either.

Surely it is time for Vernon to be dropped. He works hard but his job is to score goals and is failing miserably at that.

How about starting, as we finished yesterday, with Hayes Fraser, McGinn and Smith on. Set up with Smith through the middle and McGinn just behind but all three could have the freedom to swap around.

Gets us playing to our strengths rather than hoofing the ball up to Vernon. Also means we aren't looking to runs from our super slow mo midfield either.

Thing is hoofing the ball to Vernon is not playing to his strengths either. He is at his best when the ball is played to his feet.

Totally agree. Against St Mirren in the cup convinced me totally that Vernon needs to be benched for a few games. I like the look of Hayes, Fraser, McGinn and Smith. All have a low center of gravity, all are quick and tricky and are difficult to handle! I really think we would be able to play to our strengths without the option of punting it high to Vernon.

Is Vernon playing deeper this season with McGinn ahead o him? Not seen enough to comment on him.

I would say the other way round or at least that's what I think it should be. Vernon is coming deeper to get the ball certainly and I think that is also detrimental to his goal-scoring.