Aberdeen vs Celtic

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely shite. Why the fuck are we fucking scared of those pikey tummy cunts? I don't understand it. They're as weak as they've been in my life time yet all we do is sit back and admire them playing football. Giving them far too much rucking respect, freedom snd time on the fucking ball. Fucking pissed off with the manor in which we pussy out of big games. They are not a particularly good team and there's no reason why we can't go toe to toe with them instead of sitting back shitting ourselves in case the score. Everyone's a cunt.

Very disappointing stuff, we appeared to show them too much respect - especially in the second half.

We hardly created any chances!  :(

Any word on Fraser's injury?

Very disappointed with the cunt a couple of rows behind me who used the "n" word a few times at Celtic's two black players.  Can't believe anybody still uses language like that in this day and age.  :wanker:

that's unreal. I hope t

Very disappointing stuff, we appeared to show them too much respect - especially in the second half.

We hardly created any chances!  :(

Any word on Fraser's injury?

Very disappointed with the cunt a couple of rows behind me who used the "n" word a few times at Celtic's two black players.  Can't believe anybody still uses language like that in this day and age.  :wanker:

that's shameful did the stewards get a look? need cunts like that out of the ground for good

Why can't the team turn up when the crowd do? That was so fucking flat. 1st time this season i've thought we looked like the same mediocre side of recent years

Sorry to say, have to agree with every word of that. Massively disappointed about today. If only the team had put half the effort into today as some of us fans did

I thought it simply came down to not being as good as them for the 90 minutes. We completely matched them in the first half.

Rae went off and was immediately missed and frankly adding him to the other players we are currently without is just too much. We aren't a bad team at all but we need much more of best players playing and playing well.

Jimmy must go.  Agree with tf, they were just better than us on the day. Had the misfortune of having to watch it in the south of England with a special needs bunch of plastic fucking paddys. Kept my gob shut while the hoards screamed at the telly, no class, just scum.

Remember folks, anyone could be a tim, anyone could be a hun, easy fucking peasy. Real men wear red. Our day will come, stand free.

Firat ten minutes was very encouraging. Then Timothy started getting into the game, and we just let them run with too much space.

Rae went off at half time and his replacement Cammy Smith was completely anonymous in the second half. We looked afraid of venturing out of our own half in the second period, and when we did Timothy had so much cover and height at the back that McGinn was made to look extremely average.

As Tom said, this was a match that was going to seperate the men from the boys, and sadly we were shown up to be like a bunch of school kids by the most average Celtic side Ive seen for over a decade.

Amen to that CtS!

Johnny Hayes seems to be getting some abuse on twitter, can't tell if some of them are Reds or not. A lot of it seems OTT and out of order. But still, as disappointing as yesterday was, it was only one game and the real test comes next week when the team needs to bounce back from defeat and get 3 points.

I thought it simply came down to not being as good as them for the 90 minutes. We completely matched them in the first half.

Rae went off and was immediately missed and frankly adding him to the other players we are currently without is just too much. We aren't a bad team at all but we need much more of best players playing and playing well.

This :thumbsup:

Massively disappointing but some of the reaction seems ott.

We matched them, and probably had more chances first half.  Second was a different matter but losing Rae cost us.  Don't forget we were without Hughes, Jack, Naysmith, Milsom and then Rae and Fraser all of whom would probably find a place in our best XI. 

We are massively better than we have been for years but can't cope with losing so many players, especially most of our midfield.

League is still tight, there are bizarre results each week yet we, uniquely, have only really had one major slip up, v County in Dingwall.  Hibs game is massive, and realistically was always going to be bigger and more important than the game v the Tims.

They may not be a great side but they have a massive squad and are simply several notches above most of us in the SPL.  We sadly got them a few weeks to late.  Having dropped points in their last 3 games they were always going to be more focussed this weekend, if we had go them two weeks ago perhaps we could have got a result.

Onward and upward

sorry but i really can't see how people can be positive about that game. they missed two free headers from 4 yards out in the first half. we really were very poor, never looked like scoring ourselves and could've lost by more if celtic had been interested. there was no tempo at all against a team in the middle of international break and champions league. really no excuse when they were there for the taking.

tbh it seemed like we were playing for a draw and that they were happy enough to take one as well until it landed in their laps. still though, worse aberdeen teams have taken points off better celtic sides.

roll on this weekend and let's at least see enough ambition to go second.

There really wasn’t much in the game. Wanyama’s shot hits the other side of that post I am fairly confident the game would have petered out to a nil-nil. 

The main issue for me is that Magennis has absolutely no football intelligence whatsoever. He doesn’t pass it where he should or when he should, too often he doesn’t make the right runs and sometimes he doesn’t even make any run at all after he’s moved the ball on. He offered Hayes so little support; you could see Hayes expected Magennis to overlap him at times only for the big galloot to be standing still with no intention of moving.

We didn’t lose the game because of him, but he’s patently not good enough for this level.

We will struggle if Rae is out for any length of time, we looked very comfortable in the game in the first half without ever playing anywhere near our best and I think it was much the same as the first game of the season. Both times it has been very marginal, Celtic haven’t necessarily dominated us in the way they have done regularly over the years.  I wasn’t happy with the performance, we were lifeless in the second half but I have faith the team will bounce back, as they have done already this season.

I think it's a little bit of both and that's where the frustration lies.  We've started the game well (1st 10 mins) and looked up for giving Celtic a game.  Then for the next ten minutes we've got sloppy and gave the ball away in really inoccuous areas, under very little pressure to do so.  That shows either poor concentration or poor technique.

For example, in the first half, Reynolds, thirty yards out from his own goal and under no pressure whatsoever played a poor-ish pass to Jonny Hayes who was 5 yards inside own half which came up very short.  Still, Hayes was unmarked and was able to come in and retrieve the situation, only for him to take an extremely heavy first touch and the ball to fall to Charlie Mulgrew to put a cross in.  Reynolds, Hayes, Magennis, Clark and Considine were all guilty of stupid pieces of play like this, passes not reaching their man, and in my opinion it was a lack of confidence and just as Craig Brown says, born out of showing Celtic far too much respect.

Celtic didn't dominate the game and it has as BB says taken a fortuitous ricochet for the ball to land right at Lassad's feet for the first goal (defenders could arguably have reacted quicker?).  But we didn't create any clear chances and the ones we did create weren't well taken.  One shot from Niall McGinn where he tried a low trundler where you just know a bit of composure to bend it in the far corner would've been better, just thinking "ach Vernon would've had more composure there" (sod's law) - like a goal that Vernon scored not too long ago, can't remember against whom.

It's frustrating because the only constructive criticism we can take out of it is that we know we can, and we will, play much, much better.  If we beat Hibs on Saturday, we'll be second and things wont look as bad.  Also bear in mind, we're one of only 3 teams to have played Celtic twice so far and yet we're still right in the mix.

Think positive. We've played Celtic twice, early on, and were unlucky to lose the opener, and hamstrung (partially at least) by injusies and missing players in this one.

No team has looked comfortable at any time against us, not even Motherwell when they were 3-1 up (IIRC), when was the last season, or part thereof, when we could say this about a Dons side, let alone one that has yet to start with probably our best 11.

Yes, I'd agree watching the game later, knowing the result probably didn't help, but I still think with a bit more self belief we could, could, have won.

Still onwards and upwards, beat Hibs by any margin and we go above them, that's our next target, one I'm sure CB and AK will be hammering home 100%

COYR!