aberdeen v ict

Massive game again. And another very tough game too. Ict seem to have a decent team this year and have been scoring goals for fun. A win for them puts them above us and level with celtic, this league really is crazy this year.

Biggest worry is the decimation of our midfield. We really can't go on getting results with injuries at the level they are. Ozzy now also a doubt and Broon said it's unlikely anyone else will be back so that us without Jack, Hughes, Rae, Osbourne, Milsom, Fraser, Naysmith and Robertson. Yikes.

Craig Brown spoke to the media at lunchtime today.

"We've got a very difficult fixture tomorrow evening. Even with our full strength squad Inverness constitutes a real challenge. They're playing very well, they have been to Glasgow and won at Ibrox and Celtic Park this season so another trophy would be a victory at Pittodrie. We intend to make sure they don't get that but it will be a hard game.

"We have a huge handicap tomorrow night with the number of injuries we currently have. We've got a possibility of 8 players being out. Clark Robertson, Ryan Fraser and Gavin Rae are still in the same situation as last week but it's highly unlikely that they'll be ready and now of course Isaac Osbourne is added to that.

"It would be great for the fans to find their team and our team at the top of this league. That would be my wish for them for Christmas but we've got to win to ensure that we're there and it will be a very difficult game. Inverness will be feeling the same. It's a great chance for them too.

"At the weekend we were saying if we win here we go second so we managed to overcome that challenge now there's another one and these are the kind of challenges we thrive on and which players should thrive on.

"We always go out thinking we can win a game. Even with a depleted squad I think people will acknowledge we've got good resources and it's a great chance for the guys who come in to stand up to the challenge. It's a great incentive to win the game and to go to the top but I don't want to build the expectation up too much as there is a danger when there is expectation that we don't fulfil that so what we'll do is go out and try our best to win this football match as we do every game. Take it on a game by game basis and after the game look where we are, not before the game."

There will be a minute's applause before the Inverness CT match on Tuesday in memory of AFC matchday stalwart of over 30 years, Brian Johnson, who sadly passed away recently.

A good crowd is expected tomorrow night. Although there are cash turnstiles, we as always STRONGLY recommend you purchase a ticket in advance to avoid possible queues near kick off time.

Tough game given the injury situation, but we're more than capable of getting a win.  In fact I'd be really disappointed with just a point.

I'm out unfortunately, but I've lined up a replacement to use my season ticket.  Gutted.

coyr  :AFC2: