Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

Hibs v Aberdeen -SCOTTISH CUP

glasgow sheep

To be quite honest, I think Williams kept us from getting a result. Relatively poor first half but do not share the view that we were 'shocking' today. Osbourne put in a good shift and bossed midfield for spells. The real key was not being able to put chances away, and if anything was a real improvement from Saints midweek.

To be quite honest, I think Williams kept us from getting a result. Relatively poor first half but do not share the view that we were 'shocking' today. Osbourne put in a good shift and bossed midfield for spells. The real key was not being able to put chances away, and if anything was a real improvement from Saints midweek.

Maybe shocking is a bit of a stretch but HIbs were well on top and had created loads more chances than us until we through another striker on.

We weren't in the game until late on.

Maybe shocking is a bit of a stretch but HIbs were well on top and had created loads more chances than us until we through another striker on.

We weren't in the game until late on.

I was going to use the stats to back that up, but BBC clearly weren't watching the game.  They actually have us as having 9 shots, with hibs having 8...despite sky coverage at one point...circa 20 mins to go had hibs having 9.

We should have started the game in that manner. Too defensive, too negative and we got what we deserved. Nothing.

I was going to use the stats to back that up, but BBC clearly weren't watching the game.  They actually have us as having 9 shots, with hibs having 8...despite sky coverage at one point...circa 20 mins to go had hibs having 9.

We should have started the game in that manner. Too defensive, too negative and we got what we deserved. Nothing.

Yeah, the BBC stats were clearly wrong!

We only looked remotely dangerous when we went 2 up front and pawlett out wide.

If it means getting him bionic legs we need to keep him fit just to make sure we have a bit of balance to the side.  Milsom should have started in the middle too, much better player than Hughes.

Hayes also needs to learn to pass the ball too, seems to have got incredibly greedy lately and keeping on to the ball far too long.

Yeah, the BBC stats were clearly wrong!

We only looked remotely dangerous when we went 2 up front and pawlett out wide.

If it means getting him bionic legs we need to keep him fit just to make sure we have a bit of balance to the side.  Milsom should have started in the middle too, much better player than Hughes.

Hayes also needs to learn to pass the ball too, seems to have got incredibly greedy lately and keeping on to the ball far too long.

The last two paragraphs are spot on.  I couldn't help but the think that Milsom was wasted out wide. He doesn't have the pace to be a winger and Hughes...well...less said the better imo.

Padre made the Hayes comment on Fezbook too, it's certainly something i've noticed the past few weeks. Incredibly frustrating to watch because he always loses it.  If he produced something special, I would understand.

The last two paragraphs are spot on.  I couldn't help but the think that Milsom was wasted out wide. He doesn't have the pace to be a winger and Hughes...well...less said the better imo.

Padre made the Hayes comment on Fezbook too, it's certainly something i've noticed the past few weeks. Incredibly frustrating to watch because he always loses it.  If he produced something special, I would understand.

There were numerous occasions that he tried to take on far too many players and ended up losing the ball when there was a much better option available.  Fortunately more often than that he won a free kick but it was still frustrating!  He's got he potential to be a cracking player for us but jesus he needs to snap out of this greedy streak!

That was frustrating. Tactics were all off. Thought it was obvious that we should be attacking from the start, but apparently not.

Even with about 15 minutes to go, in a game we needed to score in, Hibs got a corner and every single Aberdeen player was in the box. There seemed to be no urgency.

A bit miserable. Player wise I thought Hughes was poor but didn't really think the rest of the team were that bad, but the fact I've seen them play better than they did yesterday is frustrating.

People around me were very critical of Vernon when he came on, but I thought he was doing well until the penalty (do our players never practice taking penalties? I actually cannot remember the last time I saw us score one) which was as bad as McGinn's last week.

Need to improve for next week for us to do anything in the league. I'm not quite at 'The season is over' stage yet (I was last night, but woken up feeling less reactionary and pessimistic) as I still think we have a decent chance of getting into Europe.

Expectant large dons crowd for an important match. Unsure why I expected any different.