Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

8 games to the split

mizer

For crying out loud can't we for ONCE display some sort of positive thinking!! It's always the same old story on here - doom and gloom! Admittedly we're incredibly lucky given how we've underachieved so far this season, to still even be in with the slimmest of hopes of top 6 football. Fact is though WE ARE in with a shout. It's a funny old game and my money will be firmly on the Dandies come Saturday. It's time that Lady Luck was shining down on us for a change

For crying out loud can't we for ONCE display some sort of positive thinking!! It's always the same old story on here - doom and gloom! Admittedly we're incredibly lucky given how we've underachieved so far this season, to still even be in with the slimmest of hopes of top 6 football. Fact is though WE ARE in with a shout. It's a funny old game and my money will be firmly on the Dandies come Saturday. It's time that Lady Luck was shining down on us for a change

:clap::AFC2:

The whole top6/bottom6 is a real paradox this year.  With Dundee Utd, Hibs & Hearts in the bottom 6 I can see us struggling whereas if we sneak into the top 6, I can see us kicking on and getting 4th place ahead of St Johnstone & Ross Co, meaning that we should be hoping that Celtic win the cup to force an extra UEFA Cup place from the league...

The whole top6/bottom6 is a real paradox this year.  With Dundee Utd, Hibs & Hearts in the bottom 6 I can see us struggling whereas if we sneak into the top 6, I can see us kicking on and getting 4th place ahead of St Johnstone & Ross Co, meaning that we should be hoping that Celtic win the cup to force an extra UEFA Cup place from the league...

Sadly I'm pretty sure if Celtic win the cup then the runners up get the UEFA place.

Also given our record v Well, ICT, County and Celtic this season I wouldn't be expecting much more than a handful of points.

Anyway United are shite and will be missing a good few players so no reason why we can't win on Sat, if not strangely there are far more attractive games in the bottom six and if we get on a winning run may well mean better crowds than we would have got for a visit of ICT or StJ.

I was in London yesterday so followed the game on twitter. Lost the last 15 minutes as I was in the tube but I just knew before I checked my phone at 5pm that the dons were gonna lose that game!!

If only I had put a fiver on that rather than the horse I backed in the national  ::)

Anyway onwards and upwards - perfectly capable of winning our last 5 games to finish top of the bottom 6 which sets up our new manager nicely for next season and a home game on 11th May would be good  :thumbsup:

It wasn't all doom and gloom yesterday - there was a shoe carnival in Selfridges  ;) 

I was in London yesterday so followed the game on twitter. Lost the last 15 minutes as I was in the tube but I just knew before I checked my phone at 5pm that the dons were gonna lose that game!!

If only I had put a fiver on that rather than the horse I backed in the national  ::)

Anyway onwards and upwards - perfectly capable of winning our last 5 games to finish top of the bottom 6 which sets up our new manager nicely for next season and a home game on 11th May would be good  :thumbsup:

It wasn't all doom and gloom yesterday - there was a shoe carnival in Selfridges  ;) 

Wouldn't worry about the fiver you lost on the National, as doubt £5 would have bought you much in Selfridges any how ;)

I'd like to say I was surprised but as TC called it earlier in the week, it is always AFC that let the situation down.  I mean Dundee even managed to hold their end of the bargain FFS.  Anyway, onwards and upwards hopefully.  I'm not expecting much from the last 5 games, but it is a perfect opportunity for McInnes to assess who he needs to punt.  His appointment couldn't have been timed better tbh.

• 3 weeks later...