Saturday 19th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Celtic v Aberdeen

Hearts V Aberdeen

mizer

As much as I agree with you mav, I genuinely cannot blame Vernon for today. He should have been given a few mins match practice before being thrown in the deep end. I get they're footballers and all that, but he was clearly a yard plus off pace compared to others. That's McInnes fault. we were awful today, can't believe im putting my body through this for that shite. Hopefully its just a blip. Coyr.

Weaver is a fucking stoned sloth, we cannot have him as the reserve keeper  :hammer:

McInnes needs to step up and accept his liaility in this shambolic performance.

Lastly, the idiot fans were out in force - singing Bobby Sands repeatedly in the pub then smashing lots of seats

As much as I agree with you mav, I genuinely cannot blame Vernon for today. He should have been given a few mins match practice before being thrown in the deep end. I get they're footballers and all that, but he was clearly a yard plus off pace compared to others. That's McInnes fault. we were awful today, can't believe im putting my body through this for that shite. Hopefully its just a blip. Coyr.

in two minds with vernon tbf. If Robertson plays he could get the delivery he needs, but otherwise I'm not sure he offers anything. Definitely a ludicrous selection to throw in a guy who has played no minutes at all.

Not going to change my mind on McI after one (two) shite performances but I thought he was more sensible than that.

Zola couldn't control a bowel movement but at least when him and Magennis where on the park they looked as though they'd met their teammates before.

Deserved little from that game, but perversely could have won easily if we had taken a couple of the numerous chances we created and passed up.

The ref was, as per, a fucking shambles and gave us the weakest of at least three stone wall penalty claims, but we should never have been in a position to rely on them.

A few specific points.

Weaver, as suggested by his brief appearance last week, is fucking shite.  Rightly getting the blame for the second, but the first also seemed to go right through him into the middle of the goal.

McGinn being our main (sole) goal threat needs to be played through the middle, he is completely wasted out wide.

Johnny for fuck sake take your man on out wide and stop cutting in.

I was actually advocating a starting place for Vernon pre match, but sadly regardless of his match sharpness (or lack of) his performance was too reminiscent of too many last year.

Just as two wins didn't make us champions elect, two defeats doesn't consign us to bottom six misery but McInnes needs to both bang a few heads together and have a rethink about how he wants to set up his team.  One goal from open play in three games means it's not hard to see where our problems lie and he needs to address this sooner rather than later.

Midweek v Alloa has potential disaster written all over it then a tough game v St Johnstone who will be smarting from a surprisingly bad result against United.  Perhaps a bit hysterical to say but we MUST win both games otherwise any fans that have been enticed back this season will drift away leaving us with sub 10,000 crowds again.

This is the first real set back since McInnes came on board, I look forward to seeing how we respond

Well said GS as always

Please don't let us turn into a certainty for 2nd if we do win the next 2 games tho - need to stop getting carried away everytime we win one match - nothing I witnessed on Saturday suggests we're gonna have it easy this season

I did seem to be the only one not predicting a walk in the park. We have a poor record down there and as we've seen at Ibrox a poor record does stay in the back of the minds of the players.

We need a good, professional performance tomorrow and an attacking performance against St. Johnstone. Let's get our season back on track and leave the nooses alone for just now, eh.

Wasn't there in person but just seen the BBC highlights.

BBC don't have history of presenting us in a favourable light when we haven't played well so watching their highlight compilation it does beg the question how the fuck did we take nothing from that game ?

In all honesty with more composed finishing we could have scored six or seven.

Disappointing a result as it is, would be more concerned if we weren't creating chances and christ knows we created enough of them there.

As has been said already, two opening victories didn't make us title contenders, so by same respect two defeats doesn't justify as being written off as a bottom six side again this season.

McInnes is realistic and has gone on record as saying the team is work in progress and that you can't change it completely overnight.

Important now as Tyrant says that we get things back on track with Cup win and League victory on Saturday, as should the unthinkable happen then the feel good factor will be well and truely fucked and back to crowds of circa 8/9k.

Lets hope, the shooting boots are dug out in training and we give some fucker a real confidence boosting spanking in the next few games  :thumbsup:

Looking at the highlight, the Pawlett incident was a stonewaller, as was the blatant pulling down of Zola at the end.

The whole game was the opposite of years gone by at Swinecastle. Normally we'd be the team on the backfoot looking and only managing the odd counter attack but this time it was roles reversed. Still gutted that it was Vernon that had those 3 glorious chances instead of McGinn