Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

Partick v Aberdeen

BigAl

Wait a minute mate, no one has written him off. I said I was far from convinced from what I saw, Manc just said what hun mates had said and Maverick also said he hadn't seen enough to judge. It's initial thoughts, that's all.

And regarding the ball in for Hayes; I made this point to my mates yesterday. If you remember, he had beaten his man. Stopped the ball. Stepped back. Looked up. Stepped forward and crossed it. Great cross, you're right. That was right after half time. I am willing to bet he had had a bollocking for not looking up before crossing, and was worried about getting hooked, and made sure of his delivery. And that's fine, but he is a winger and should be expected to be able to cross the ball on the run after having had a look at the penalty area. I hope my initial fears are wide of the mark, but I am a bit worried about him.

Hear what you're saying Bobby (and others) and you know what I don't actually think we're all a million miles apart in our thoughts. I agree he was far from our best player yesterday, but some of the comments (not on here in fairness) have been OTT in their damnation of him. I'm merely highlighting he hasn't exactly had a massive amount of game time in the past eighteen months. Regarding the opinion of Huns on Wylde i'll take with a pinch of salt, considering I never heard any of my Hun mates complaining about him whilst he was at the now defunct club, but suddenly in their eyes he was apparently always lacking a final ball and a weak link.

Time will tell, but the one thing I'm sure we'll all agree upon is that we hope he turns out to be huge success for us, and in McInnes I trust  ;)

Stand Free :thumbsup:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where the fuck have you been?

Swanning in here at all hours!

Sorry - bigger boys made me do it.

For what it's worth, I thought that overall the Dons were pretty poor on Saturday, delighted however that we can play poorly and still be clinical enough to get a 3-0 win.

No idea what was up with Partick though, that's the worst I've seen them play since they were last in the SPL.

Sorry - bigger boys made me do it.

For what it's worth, I thought that overall the Dons were pretty poor on Saturday, delighted however that we can play poorly and still be clinical enough to get a 3-0 win.

No idea what was up with Partick though, that's the worst I've seen them play since they were last in the SPL.

Disagree, thought we played reasonably well but could be the large amounts of drink beforehand that might be distorting my mind! Had absolutely no danger from Partick and apart from the one good save from Langfield, can't really think of anything else he had to do. Was delighted to see Cammy Smith start and thought he played quite well (I think there are fears regarding his attitude from within at Pittodrie). Pawlett is finally looking like the player he did when he burst onto the scene and is such a danger when he plays as he has been. Zola looked like he is getting somewhere near to some sort of fitness after having double sessions during the international break, looked a handful and was delighted to see him score.

Overall, I couldn't fault anyone. All played well in particular the defence looked solid. Great to see Consi back and a perfect game to come back into the fold.

Disagree, thought we played reasonably well but could be the large amounts of drink beforehand that might be distorting my mind! Had absolutely no danger from Partick and apart from the one good save from Langfield, can't really think of anything else he had to do. Was delighted to see Cammy Smith start and thought he played quite well (I think there are fears regarding his attitude from within at Pittodrie). Pawlett is finally looking like the player he did when he burst onto the scene and is such a danger when he plays as he has been. Zola looked like he is getting somewhere near to some sort of fitness after having double sessions during the international break, looked a handful and was delighted to see him score.

Overall, I couldn't fault anyone. All played well in particular the defence looked solid. Great to see Consi back and a perfect game to come back into the fold.

I'm maybe being a bit harsh, it wasn't the best i'd seen us play on Saturday, but I was more than happy to accept performances like that now and then if they're accompanied by such a convincing scoreline.