Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

Aberdeen v Partick - 4/11/13 (Moved to monday night for TV)

mizer

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought smith did ok. Willo Flood was a bit disappointing for me, plenty effort but too many slack passes and tried to play too much football in our own half. But criticising anyone after a performance and result like that seems harsh.

I thought smith did ok. Willo Flood was a bit disappointing for me, plenty effort but too many slack passes and tied to play too much football in our own half. But criticising anyone after a performance and result like that seems harsh.

Agreed re: Flood, plenty of endeavour but he didn't seem to be involved as he usually is.  But that is really nit picking, 4-0 flattered us but we've been crying out for a performance like this for a long time. 

Fucking yaaasss, some goals tonight!. Jute, even you have to admit Zola played well today.

He probably had his best performance since the last time we played Thistle.

Good to see McGinn score from open play. Hopefully restore his confidence and see a return to goal scoring form of last season.

think the only poor performance, if we can call it was Cammy smith, didnt see the ball at all or even looked up for it.. or was a i looking at the wrong player! on cloud 9 just now, was working today till 6pm so no chance getting up to todders for kickoff, least the game was played world wide :):thumbsup:

Completely disagree. I thought he did really well. I watched him quite closely and he was always asking for the ball and moving to make himself available. He showed strength at times and wasn't easily brushed off the ball as we've seen so often with our youngsters and he found a man in red with every pass I think. Flood was full of work as usual but got caught out badly at least once.

All our goals were really well worked. McGinn has defenders shitting themselves and rightly so. Zola is proving a handful also. Many folk against last night there just dying for him to fail so they can be right. Twats. Folk screaming at him to "jump" before the ball had even come to him. Of course he won the ball which must've been gutting to the clown screaming at him. Fucking sick of our idiot "supporters" sometimes!

Anyway. Good clinical display and a great result. Big game on Saturday!

As

Pah! Miserable bastard ;)

Give the lad a chance, he's one of our own FFS!

He was a lazy bastard as usual- Im not turning into Ron Atkinson btw.  ;)

Did you hear the ironic cheers as he took the guy on down the wing before he came off - even the auld wifie in front of me was joining in!

The club have to go all out to get Hector signed up beyond the loan spell, he's a quality player.

Zola played really well IMO, much improved on the Alloa game when I last saw him. Vernon put in a decent shift as a sub too, he'd got a good touch on him does big Scott.

Gutted I can't make Saturday, would love to see this team on form pump the Jumbos

Zola played really well IMO, much improved on the Alloa game when I last saw him. Vernon put in a decent shift as a sub too, he'd got a good touch on him does big Scott.

It takes him 2 minutes to get back to the other half when he goes back for a corner! E.g. in the 2nd half he ended up at LB when we lost position in their half after a corner!  :hammer:

If we were losing games because of him, I'd say you have a point.  We're not, you don't! Simples  ;D

Motherwell game, 10 men - who is replaced? Aye Zola as he cant do a shift. Hibs not really getting anywhere, Zola off Vernon on - goal & goal!

Motherwell game, 10 men - who is replaced? Aye Zola as he cant do a shift. Hibs not really getting anywhere, Zola off Vernon on - goal & goal!

ooooooooooor

Big fucker softens up the defenders who are knackered trying to keep a hold of him

Bring on smaller faster subs who take full advantage

Last 5 games

Ross County - Defeat (Zola didnt play)

Arabs, Motherwell, Hibs, Partick - Win (Zola plays in all and scores 2 of the 9 goals)

What does that show?

Is Zola the key to our success or did the players get their act together?

or alternatively its just statistics

It is so typical of the Aberdeen support (and scottish football support in general) that when a team is winning a certain element need to find a negative and pick on it.

Not a bad performance last night, I agree with tyrant that smith looked really promising.  He fell away in the second half but I really like the look of him.  Could be a real talent.  I thought Flood was superb also, really broke up the thistle midfield.  I said previous that I thought Thistle were no pushovers and I maintain that, especially if you look at the stats from last nights game.  We just were ridiculously clinical.  Goals one and three were individual efforts but two and four, whilst quite direct, were beautifully intricate to a level I had long given up hoping to see from Aberdeen.  Most pleasing for me though was how varied the play was.  Long balls were a valid, effective yet not over-used option and the ball mostly stayed on the deck.  My only real criticism can be the pissing about with tiny passes on the edge of the box just after goal 3 that led to a chance for them.  It was cocky and unneeded.  All in it's been a very long time since I have felt so confident and pleased with Aberdeens form and I am very much enjoying giving some non afc fans a long overdue reminder just how much of a nightmare a smug sheep shagger is  ;D

He was a lazy bastard as usual- Im not turning into Ron Atkinson btw.  ;)

Did you hear the ironic cheers as he took the guy on down the wing before he came off - even the auld wifie in front of me was joining in!

For fuck sake.

I'd appreciate some jeers for Derek McInnes from you and the bint for signing and playing him also, he clearly deserves it.

Aberdeen fans do my fucking tits in sometimes.