Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

Aberdeen v Partick - 4/11/13 (Moved to monday night for TV)

mizer

Every time I watched Zola he looked like a complete fud. "Useless, get him fucking off." I said.

Then the dread of seeing him start again in the PT game soon turned to disbelief after every touch seemed to work for him, he was a real handful and hardly put a foot wrong in the first half. Credit where it's due, and he deserves credit this week. Potential to become a real cult hero with the fans.

Good work fella.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last 5 games

Ross County - Defeat (Zola didnt play)

Arabs, Motherwell, Hibs, Partick - Win (Zola plays in all and scores 2 of the 9 goals)

What does that show?

Is Zola the key to our success or did the players get their act together?

or alternatively its just statistics

Thats not statistics - just raw data.

THis is statistics  :thumbsup:

BYY5XhNCIAUtb9P.png

I never said he was awesome ya clown.

But he's wearing red.

Presumably you still hold the same contempt for the manager. He signed him and continues to start him.

So, McInnes eh Mizer, clown eh?

??? I was in favour of McInnes - cant fathom why he keeps playing Zola rather than Vernon who has found form again,  but clearly he is doing a good job. Have we transformed into the actual red army and anyone who does not stand 100% the leader is sent of to a Siberian gulag? 

??? I was in favour of McInnes - cant fathom why he keeps playing Zola rather than Vernon who has found form again,  but clearly he is doing a good job. Have we transformed into the actual red army and anyone who does not stand 100% the leader is sent of to a Siberian gulag?

It's a fair comment Mizer, but I would argue that Vernon has done very well coming off the bench.  From what I have seen (yes no-where near as much as others) Zola takes two defenders with him and roughs up the defenders.  Monday was a prime example of this and he holds the ball allowing space to be created for others.  Then enters Vernon who plays a completely different style of game, one which has paid off in a number of games.  But without the two overlapping it may not work. Let's not forget, I know a lot of people wanted Vernon away, thank fuck no-one listened to them!

I trust McIness, he clearly likes what he sees in Zola and for that reason, I trust him.  No-one can deny that whatever it is, it's working.

Now, away to Siberia you serf!  8)

Zola, like most other players, has improved with games this season.  Time will tell if this kind of form will maintain itself or even progress but so far the learning curve is going in the right direction which can never be a bad thing.  Vernon will get more starts, if our form continues expect teams to come to pittodrie looking for a draw opening the possibility of playing two up front

Have and express that opinion but giving Zola pelters is unfathomable. He didn't pick himself.

So no, we're not The Red Army but if you want to be a trumpet at matches, fire on.