Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

League Cup Final 2014

tom_widdows

http://aberdeen.stv.tv/articles/264360-aberdeen-politicians-have-clashed-over-50000-free-football-ticket-plan/

I see there's an article saying there was a "Political storm" over the plans, nothing to say the plans have been shelved though from what I can find.

The council appear to have voted on the plans and approved them too.

http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/CouncilNews/ci_cns/pr_CommonGoodFootball_140214.asp

Intriguing - where is the cash then?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm begging to wonder if I'll get tickets, I can't purchase until next Monday as I don't have a buying history for this season plus I ditched my season ticket after McGhee's 1st season, and my shares are not enough to get me a ticket.

I guess it serves me right however I bet there's many with tickets already who have not been to a game in many many years!

Strange, just went onto the AFC ticket website and bought 3 tickets, despite not meeting the criteria.

:bandwagon::AFC2:

Heard some people saying you can buy them from Today as long as you have a purchasing history on the database - not just a purchasing history from this season. If that is the case I could easily see us selling the our initial allocation.

Has anyone heard anything about us asking for an extra 10,000 tickets? I was hearing that over the weekend.

Heard some people saying you can buy them from Today as long as you have a purchasing history on the database - not just a purchasing history from this season. If that is the case I could easily see us selling the our initial allocation.

That would explain why I got tickets then.

was anyone able to phone in and book tickets... poor mum had to wait ages and kept retrying the number just to get line busy errors...  :hammer: Think she gave up after 2 hours constantly redialing...

just tried logging into my account and the password isnt working..  :rofl:

Hebrew managed to get through to sort our cup tickets this afternoon

Getting ahead of myself a bit here, but imagine if we also make it to the Scottish cup final, against Utd or the Huns, there's gonna be an awful lot of disappointed dons fans missing out on tickets.

I think there would be an argument for using Murrayfield with its additional 7k capacity.

Getting ahead of myself a bit here, but imagine if we also make it to the Scottish cup final, against Utd or the Huns, there's gonna be an awful lot of disappointed dons fans missing out on tickets.

I think there would be an argument for using Murrayfield with its additional 7k capacity.

Murrayfield's pitch would kybosh that.  It is infested with a type of worm that doesn't allow the grass to bed in properly, so the top surface comes away when a boot goes into it. (it may well have been sorted by now right enough but that was certainly the case a few weeks ago)

Aye you're right, think it churned up really badly during the England game and they mentioned that. Well we could potentially only get between 25-28k allocation if we get there, now that will be a scramble for tickets.

Aw no you've said it out loud  ;)

For the whole stadium, or from what's been allocated thus far?

3000 seats with the restricted view left our of 40k allocation. Apparently police don't want us above Caley fans so not looking like we will get more tickets.