Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

Scottish Cup - Howkers FC v AFC

BigAl

I got congratulations texts from Celtic fans right after the final whistle which was pretty sweet -

Likewise - although one was my brother so he only does it so he doesn't get a drunken phone call in the early hours... but I think people are now beginning to appreciate how good a side we have and how good a manager we have. His tactics were spot on yesterday.

MBT - I apologise if I offended you in my earlier post, but I get frustrated that a lot of our fans seem to have a Celtic fan perspective of things - that everything is going to go against us. If we play our game, we'll win. If not, there's a chance we'll lose, regardless of opposition. Exactly the way it should be for AFC.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to say I'm deeply concerned about the recent trend amongst the travelling support to increase tempo during the 'sheep are on fire' chants. Where will it end?

Yours, Worried. Aberdeen.

This pisses me off too. Fucking BOOOOOOOO!!! Sack the board.

I like our draw for the next round. The Rangers in easiest tie possible at home shocker.  ::) But never mind.

I was in the Holburn bar watching the game. I was pleased to see it was mostly Dons fans. There were a handful of vocal Tims who went OTT when they scored their opener so needless to say when we scored (especially our second) I went absolutely fucking mental. What a bounce at the end too. I'm so proud of how we played. Especially after going a goal down. We seem to play better against Celtic at the Tattie Bowl than we do at Pittodrie. We thoroughly deserved our win yesterday and I once again would like to single out Russell Anderson for praise. I'm struggling to remember two better performances from him that we've seen against St. Johnstone and against Celtic. Absolutely massive for us. And he took his goal like a seasoned striker. It's just a pity that Rooney couldn't put the icing on the cake at the end and take that chance.

I have to disagree with what some of you said regarding the ref. He was getting on my fucking nerves. Pawlett got booked for a nothing "challenge" (shoulder barge) in the Celtic penalty area. Never a booking in a million years. Not even sure it was a foul. And a Celtic player (I can't remember who it was) binned Hayes when he cut inside and never got booked. An Aberdeen player did the same thing soon after and sure enough a yellow card appeared. More Tims got booked in the second half because they were really struggling dealing with Hayes. He drew a lot of fouls and in the end the ref started having to book Tims. Collum missed Robson's handball in the lead up to our winner (because he was standing directly behind Robson) but he also missed a handball from Emilio (I think) in the first half in the Celtic penalty area so that balanced out.

Fuck the Tims.

Mon the Dons.

Let's go all the way.  Everyone will be desperate to avoid playing us in the semis (assuming we do our job and beat Scumbarton)

There was a 10 minute spell around the 70 minute mark where Lennon was changing things to throw the kitchen sink at us.  It was obvious that they were coming back into it and we were beginning to lose our dominance, we were desperate for a change at this point.

Got to say I was shocked, stunned and amazed when that change was bringing on a striker.  Would have been easy to shore things up and throw on a defender or midfielder to protect the lead.  A real message of intent there.

Take a bow son.  :clap:

There was a 10 minute spell around the 70 minute mark where Lennon was changing things to throw the kitchen sink at us.  It was obvious that they were coming back into it and we were beginning to lose our dominance, we were desperate for a change at this point.

Got to say I was shocked, stunned and amazed when that change was bringing on a striker.  Would have been easy to shore things up and throw on a defender or midfielder to protect the lead.  A real message of intent there.

Take a bow son.  :clap:

It made sense to me even from a slighly more defensive POV of view. Vernon is the best we have who can hold up the ball and bring others into play thus reducing the pressure on our defence. He did this really well yesterday. Only Fulham can get away with punting the ball away time and time again with no one up front and still get something from the game.

I felt there was always a chance of a third goal. They were committing just about everyone forward and if John "Budgie" Stewart has taught us anything it's that there's always a chance of nicking a late third when Celtic are throwing the kitchen sink at us.  ;)