Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Aberdeen v Celtic (tue 25th Feb)

mizer

Great first half performance but not so sure about way we played in 2nd. Looked like we were the team with 10. Great goal from Hayes. The tears from Tims about losing their unbeaten season and Lurch not getting his British clean sheet record have been very pleasing.

Tremendous result obviously. I've sat at the old firm fence in the South Stand for a few seasons now and this is the first time that I've been able to launch myself at the fence like a human lawn dart in celebration.  ;D

It was absolutely priceless seeing all the wee nyaffs greeting soor faces. Bunch of horrible minks. What I had to laugh at was the sheer bounce that came from their end and them setting off the flares because they'd pulled a goal back at Pittodrie.  :rofl:

Anyway. First half was great. Pawlett caused them all sorts of problems. They were terrified of him and of course he was brought down with only the keeper to beat resulting in a red card. How Pop Corn Teeth reckons it's not a red card I don't know? "We've been done by the ref" he says! Lulz. Ambrose was on his way back but Pawlett had time to get a shot away and it was a blatant denial of a goal scoring opportunity which is what I thought the red card was for rather than necessarily a last man challenge. Anyway. After them losing their best defender we played well, brought the game to them and were worthy of our two goal lead.

In the second half, as others have said, it felt like we were the man down. Tate didn't have a bad game but his clearance could've been better. His poor clearance resulted in their consolation goal. Other than that they had nothing clear cut if a lot of possession. I didn't see the penalty incident (honest) and it seemed that no one around me saw it either so can't really comment on that. Obviously I have no sympathy whatsoever for the greeting faced green minks. We've been done by poor penalty decisions against Celtic for decades. Fuck them.

Hayes was probably quite rightly man of the match. Another great performance from him. Can't believe folk wanted him oot! ;) Russell and Joe shored things up nicely when they came on. I thought McGinn did really well. He was getting pelters but I'm not sure why. He did his job defensively (even if he doesn't like doing it being a forward) and he assisted both our goals. His cross was an absolute peach and Rooney had the easy part left. I just wish his ball across in the dying seconds was better since I had a fiver on 3-1 Aberdeen ay 40/1 as per my DT prediction but that's ok because I also had us on to win with any result at 4/1 so I'm still £15 up.  8)

The Tims must have had a miserable journey back to Bridge of Don. Cunts.

Just as you think you can't have anymore hate for one man Lennon outdoes himself. If he argue that Pawletts touch was too heavy and Forster could've got there then fair enough, I might have to agree. But where the fuck was Ambrose?? Nowhere, obvious red.

And was this the handball 2 minutes before the goal?? I never seen it either but obviously the butterfly effect shows that the Forrest goal wouldn't have happened. They score the penalty, ball goes back to the centre circle, Celtic have 30 mins to equalise... They've proved twice against us that they can't find an equaliser so who is to say they would've if the penalty was given??

Just as you think you can't have anymore hate for one man Lennon outdoes himself. If he argue that Pawletts touch was too heavy and Forster could've got there then fair enough, I might have to agree. But where the fuck was Ambrose?? Nowhere, obvious red.

And was this the handball 2 minutes before the goal?? I never seen it either but obviously the butterfly effect shows that the Forrest goal wouldn't have happened. They score the penalty, ball goes back to the centre circle, Celtic have 30 mins to equalise... They've proved twice against us that they can't find an equaliser so who is to say they would've if the penalty was given??

Pawlett's touch was nowhere near Forster.

I just saw the handball on the highlights and I can see why the ref doesn't give it. His arms are down by his side and it looks like he tries to get out of the way of the ball and it hits his upper arm. I think it's the right decision since his arms weren't "in an unnatural position". If it was the other way round I would have probably claimed for it but half-heartedly at best and I'd never expect to get it.

So in conclusion fuck off Lennon you odious wee cunt.

Great first half performance but not so sure about way we played in 2nd. Looked like we were the team with 10. Great goal from Hayes. The tears from Tims about losing their unbeaten season and Lurch not getting his British clean sheet record have been very pleasing.

The thing is that In the past we would have done the same second half but conceded 2 or 3 goals. I'm not saying we should play like that but at least we have a belief in ourself for a change.

Did Foster no have to keep a clean sheet this weekend and 8 mins in to the next game to beat it?

That was to break the British records.

After the Hearts he had to keep a clean sheet for another 96 minutes to break it. I think the record is held by Van Der Sar?