Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Clarkson

Kowalski

I don't buy in to some of the mock outrage about him but he's badly let down the BBC and himself IMHO.

I like Top Gear, the banter is good and occasionally it's the best thing on TV. But fuck knows where the BBC go with it if they bin Clarkson - they make a lot of money out of the show and the brand. Clarkson will probably end up fronting a similar show on another channel so he's really fucked the BBC over here. 

This whole farce (publicity) is shocking, anyone that actually watches that show really needs a life tbh. why do we need some english toff with far too much money to tell US what car is the best to drive?  that show is well past its sell by date and for the BBC to have any credibility they need to scrap it and sack those presenters.

This whole farce would not have happened if it was say sky, ITV or any other independent tv company. the presenters would have been sacked and possibly even criminal charges brought, no one should allow physical violence in ones work place.

You obviously don't watch the show. It stopped being a car consumer show a VERY long time ago.

And Sky, an independent TV company???  :rofl:

So 1,000,000 sign an online petition to bring him back.

I reckon that means in excess of 60,000,000 in the Uk haven't registered support.

Clearly the arrogant tosser isn't half as popular as some would have you believe.

Like many people I did occasionally enjoy watching Top Gear. Clarkson was a man that I learned to enjoy watching. Although the show was clearly running out of ideas (sometimes it was downright embarrassing) I felt the 3 presenters were still able to make it worth watching. That being said you cannot get into scuffles at work when you're already on your umpteenth warning and expect to keep your job so for once I'm with the Beeb on this one.

The mock outrage has been absolutely unbelieveable. Many (the majority?) of the mongs signing these petitions seem to think he's been punted for his political incorrectness. If he was going to get punted for that it would have happened a long time ago. BBC know that Clarkson = money but he left them with no choice. He had to go. I don't doubt that Top Gear will suffer. But tough shit. 

• 1 year later...

Will he ever learn?

Bumped off a flight for being late and has decided to blame a Spanish airport worker of being a bitter IGNORANT Argentinian.

I'm quite looking forward to the Grand Tour but there's a small piece of me that would chuckle if it dies on its arse. I hold Clarkson wholly responsible for the sorry Top Gear mess. The BBC had no choice. 

I struggle to see how folk get annoyed by Clarkson, or like him. His humour - Top Gear, basically - is middle of the road inoffensive, canned, pre-scripted shite. It's just not that funny. So much so I just can't see how the fuck anyone can get annoyed by it, or him. I find him pretty tame if anything. I suspect his latest incident is just a gimmick to sell the latest show. Fair doos like, if that's what people want to watch. I watched Top Gear about 4-5 times. Once cause my car was on it and the one where Hammond died just to see the accident, which was good viewing. The scripted jokes made it seem like I was watching a really bad sitcom.

The real pathos is that Clarkson thinks he's got talent. He is so up himself in real life just as he comes across on TV. Or at least he was many years ago and I severely doubt that his personality would have changed one bit. I can't take the cunt seriously. He's just so sad how he takes himself so seriously. And as for his two "mates", well fuck me you would avoid those cunts in a bar. Just prize nothings, the lot of them and only the BBC would enrich and foster "talent" like that. So British. So ignorant. So bigoted and full of self-righteous shit.

• 2 weeks later...

First episode of the Grand Tour was pretty decent.

The second episode (apart from the Aston Martin) was a shocker though. A million miles away from their Top Gear hey day.

Your evening right the second episode was an absolute shocker... the first one was pretty good, standard easy watching light entertainment for when you just don't want to have to think about what you're watching.  very similar to the old top gear but you could tell they had a little more freedom.

Struggle to understand why folk would care enough about the show or presenters  to hate it/them though...

Struggle to understand why folk would care enough about the show or presenters  to hate it/them though...

I don't watch the show, i'm nae that fussed about cars.  My dislike of Clarkson lies in the fact that he is a figure in the public eye who encourages ignorance and xenophobic drivel.  Same goes for Katie Hopkins, Nigel Farage, anyone at the Daily Mail, etc etc.

I find Clarkson to be a total bellend but if he wasn't I be as well sit and watch my next door neighbour doing whatever. The character he has created (real or not) is what I find entertaining especially the interaction with May and Hammond who deserve medals for putting up with him. Such a pompous twat who deservedly lost his job for being a child.

What I find even more amusing is the offended bus that seems to be bursting at the seams these days.

As for the Grand Tour. It is ok but missing some key elements from the old Top Gear but light years ahead of the drivel the BBC put out last.

I don't watch the show, i'm nae that fussed about cars.  My dislike of Clarkson lies in the fact that he is a figure in the public eye who encourages ignorance and xenophobic drivel.  Same goes for Katie Hopkins, Nigel Farage, anyone at the Daily Mail, etc etc.

Aye I can see why that would irritate, I'm only basing that last post on watching top gear or the grand tour, tend to ignore anything else. Same goes for Hopkins, Farage etc too.

Aye I can see why that would irritate, I'm only basing that last post on watching top gear or the grand tour, tend to ignore anything else. Same goes for Hopkins, Farage etc too.

That's fair enough,I'll just avoid it because I think he's a knob. Likewise anything that involves farage and hopkins.