Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

THE DONSTALK BOOK CLUB

Kowalski

• 2 weeks later...

I finished the Stieg Larsson Millennium Trilogy - outstanding fiction.  (watched all three extended films as well)

Finished the last one back in the summer of 2010 and have also seen all three films.

Completely agree that this is an outstanding trilogy and Mr Larsson is a sad loss to the literary world.

I have no desire however to now see the English language re-make of the films.

Recently finished 11/22/63 by Steven King and thouroughly enjoyed it. Only took me 2 days which is a good sign  :thumbsup:

Not really normally a Stephen King reader, but liked the look of this one, and given the fact that got it on a free download thought I'd give it a go. Took a wee while to get going, but really enjoying it now  :thumbsup:

I read fast, always have done, and am mostly oblivious to the world when I do. I love reading.

Also I do have more time on my hands whilst I'm not working.

I love to read as well, but tend to find that most of the time the day job gets in the way >:(

Welcome back Bobby.

Amongst others I've read The Fear Index by Robert Harris and I've finally got round to reading The Red Riding Books by David Peace after seeing the TV drama.

For some lighter material I've read the Centurion books by Simon Scarrow. Good page turning historical fiction.

All excellent.

Got two Scottish fitba related books for xmas.

First was Stramash by a Middlesbrough fan who moved to Edinburgh.  Fed up with travelling down to the NE of England every other week and of the anodyne corporate atmosphere of EPL/Championship football he decided to spend a year travelling around lower league Scotland.  Some interesting insight, history and commentary on Scottish lower leagues and football in general - recommended

The Second was Bloody Casuals Congratulations You Have Just Met The Casuals, about our very own ASC.  Possibly the worse book I have ever read.  Would probably fail as an essay in Standard Grade English. Even the material is rotten with almost every story starting "I wasn't there at the time but to the best of my knowledge this is what happened", cue the usual "there were 50 of us 100 of them and they shat it and ran".  Never been interested in this genre of book and needless to say after reading this (well some of it, it having been relegated to toilet book) I won't be getting any more.

Got two Scottish fitba related books for xmas.

First was Stramash by a Middlesbrough fan who moved to Edinburgh.  Fed up with travelling down to the NE of England every other week and of the anodyne corporate atmosphere of EPL/Championship football he decided to spend a year travelling around lower league Scotland.  Some interesting insight, history and commentary on Scottish lower leagues and football in general - recommended

The Second was Bloody Casuals about our very own ASC.  Possibly the worse book I have ever read.  Would probably fail as an essay in Standard Grade English. Even the material is rotten with almost every story starting "I wasn't there at the time but to the best of my knowledge this is what happened", cue the usual there were 50 of us 100 of them and they shat it and ran.  Never been interested in this genre of book and needless to say after reading this (well some of it, it having been relegated to toilet book) I won't be getting any more.

That the Jay Allan "bible" that all the mutants in our support have a tug over?

Oh Christ I've read that. Horrid.

I made the fatal error of buying that on E Bay, read it and have to agree that it is fucking rank

Tried selling it umpteen times on E Bay and Amazon, but nae fucker would bite

Ended up giving it to charity shop to sell.