Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

THE DONSTALK BOOK CLUB

Kowalski

Got two Scottish fitba related books for xmas.

First was Stramash by a Middlesbrough fan who moved to Edinburgh.  Fed up with travelling down to the NE of England every other week and of the anodyne corporate atmosphere of EPL/Championship football he decided to spend a year travelling around lower league Scotland.  Some interesting insight, history and commentary on Scottish lower leagues and football in general - recommended

The Second was Bloody Casuals Congratulations You Have Just Met The Casuals, about our very own ASC.  Possibly the worse book I have ever read.  Would probably fail as an essay in Standard Grade English. Even the material is rotten with almost every story starting "I wasn't there at the time but to the best of my knowledge this is what happened", cue the usual "there were 50 of us 100 of them and they shat it and ran".  Never been interested in this genre of book and needless to say after reading this (well some of it, it having been relegated to toilet book) I won't be getting any more.

I saw him at the book festival last August  :thumbsup:

The Second was Bloody Casuals Congratulations You Have Just Met The Casuals, about our very own ASC.  Possibly the worse book I have ever read.  Would probably fail as an essay in Standard Grade English.

WA-HEY!  :P

Will check out your other recommendation though.

Just started Larry Lamb's autobiography.

I'm reading Yes Man by Danny Wallace at the minute, very enjoyable read and some particular Laugh Out Loud points.

I read that a few years ago. Definitely an easy book to read with a few funny stories throughout  :thumbsup:

I also tried to say Yes to everything after I read it. Lasted about a week  :-\

"Awkward Situations For Men".

Don't read it.

It's pish.

Probably the worst book i've ever had the misfortune to pick up.

Started reading it on holiday couple of years ago, perservered for about eighty pages and had to give up before I slit my wrists ::)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...