THE DONSTALK BOOK CLUB

Kowalski

At the moment, I'm reading Richard Gordon's book on the Gothenburg Greats. Hadn't anything about it coming out before I came across it on the Amazon store. Very enjoyable read and something a bit different from the well worn path. Goes into detail on each player and tells their story from where they've gone in life since then. Great read.

At the moment, I'm reading Richard Gordon's book on the Gothenburg Greats. Hadn't anything about it coming out before I came across it on the Amazon store. Very enjoyable read and something a bit different from the well worn path. Goes into detail on each player and tells their story from where they've gone in life since then. Great read.

I got it for my birthday and it's a briliiant read  :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

It's taken a while but I've finished Stephen King's 11.22.63 - I was disappointed with it.  It was an interesting story but felt let down by the climax on the day of the assassination.  The book is way too long IMHO.

Now reading The Glory of Gothenburg by Richard Gordon.

It's taken a while but I've finished Stephen King's 11.22.63 - I was disappointed with it.  It was an interesting story but felt let down by the climax on the day of the assassination.  The book is way too long IMHO.

Now reading The Glory of Gothenburg by Richard Gordon.

Hopefully getting that for my birthday on Saturday. If not I've been misled! Looking forward to reading it. Not heard a bad word said about it.

• 3 weeks later...

The Glory of Gothenburg was really good, full of great interviews with all the players.  Really enjoyed it.

Finished it already and really good read.

One of the few things I really didn't know was that Peter Weir was an Aberdeen fan as a child growing up in west of Scotland

Finished it already and really good read.

One of the few things I really didn't know was that Peter Weir was an Aberdeen fan as a child growing up in west of Scotland

Just about to start the Peter Weir chapter. Had to laugh at Neale Cooper walking into the home dressing room at Pittordrie on his 1st visit back while playing for Rangers. The Aberdeen players just growled at him and said get the fuck out LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

Have any of you read Life of Pi?

Saw the film recently and thinking of reading it once I finish The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed out of the Window and Disappeared and also A Storm of Swords

519LAdB3XPL._AA160_.jpg

41cjTiH5yaL._AA160_.jpg

I don't usually read two books at the same time but they're quite different  ;D

Have any of you read Life of Pi?

Saw the film recently and thinking of reading it once I finish The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed out of the Window and Disappeared and also A Storm of Swords

519LAdB3XPL._AA160_.jpg

41cjTiH5yaL._AA160_.jpg

I don't usually read two books at the same time but they're quite different  ;D

Just finished 100 Year Old Man.......

Seems to be getting a shit load of praise, but personally I thought it was at best ok, and certainly didn't have me laughing out loud as some of the reviewers seem to suggest it would do.

To me the crux of the story was very much like Forrest Gump

Just finished 100 Year Old Man.......

Seems to be getting a shit load of praise, but personally I thought it was at best ok, and certainly didn't have me laughing out loud as some of the reviewers seem to suggest it would do.

To me the crux of the story was very much like Forrest Gump

Yeh I would agree, it's very easy reading which suits me travelling to work in the morning. I think maybe Swedish literature is seen as cool after The Millienium Trilogy