Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

What are you listening to?

Kowalski

Lots of Jethro Tull

Never really got into Jethro Tull, but maybe I should revisit it as it might have grown on me with age.

Interesting that Ian Anderson who I have met on a number of occassions actually formed his first band the year I was born :o

Never really got into Jethro Tull, but maybe I should revisit it as it might have grown on me with age.

Interesting that Ian Anderson who I have met on a number of occassions actually formed his first band the year I was born :o

You should try Heavy Horses by Jethro Tull. Don't buy it. Just try it. That will save you wasting any further time let alone money.

Radio Scotland DJ now. No longer has the crazy hair. Looks like a respectable child molester now.

Discovered this group on a trip to New York about six years ago, absolutely fucking love them, although doubt anyone other than MBT and MentorRed will have heard of them as virtually unknown over here and to best of knowledge have only played the Isle of Wight Festival in the UK. :( 

Discovered this group on a trip to New York about six years ago, absolutely fucking love them, although doubt anyone other than MBT and MentorRed will have heard of them as virtually unknown over here and to best of knowledge have only played the Isle of Wight Festival in the UK. :(

Never knew who that was but Shazam did the business and right enuf, never heard of them.

Interestingly good and upbeat. Was put off by the fact that they're popular, particularly by Americans.

Bit sceptical that crazy game of poker seems to be their smash hit, the suggestion being that some of their other stuff may be shit.

Thanks for the intro.

Never knew who that was but Shazam did the business and right enuf, never heard of them.

Interestingly good and upbeat. Was put off by the fact that they're popular, particularly by Americans.

Bit sceptical that crazy game of poker seems to be their smash hit, the suggestion being that some of their other stuff may be shit.

Thanks for the intro.

No problem, they are one of these groups that depending upon my mood, my favourite track of theirs changes from day to day. Good place to start with them if you're interested is to download "34th & 8th"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/34th-8th-Us-Import-R/dp/B0002C4IPE/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1331899638&sr=1-1

Not suggesting you pay Amazon's price, obviously there are plenty of places to download from  ;)

Thanks to CAPSLOCK (for the heads up) I'm now listening to the mighty Spiritualized Maida Vale session

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00q3v4b

1. Hey Jane

2. Lord Let It Rain On Me

3. Little Girl

4. She Kissed Me (It Felt Like a Hit)

5. I Am What I Am

6. Come Together

8)

:thumbsup:

New album sounds great, saw it played in its entirety at the Albert Hall late last year.

I'm listening to Django Django amongst other things - one of the band is the brother of one of the Beta Band, and there's definitely some similarities in the music.

• 2 weeks later...