Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Kenny McLean

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange time to announce it.  He'd better hope the next Sevco manager is just as keen on him come January.

Don't think that'll be a problem since they're blaming their current ills on the lack of "British players" in the squad. They must've forgotten that their top scorer is yon Colombian boy whose name is probably not worth learning.

Strange time to announce it.  He'd better hope the next Sevco manager is just as keen on him come January.

^^^This. It's absurd. McInnes is an absolute professional when it comes to business deals, this just stinks of laziness (I'm not blaming McInnes like). I can't think of one good reason to announce it right before a big game. I don't buy that a paper had got hold of it, as it would be easy for McLean and the club to deny the story for a couple of days.

I don't buy the hun links either, it's just far too early for that shite. They're too early for pre-contract and their manager is on too much of a sticky wicket for McLean (or his agent) to trust any promise to sign.

Anyway, I've nae problem with it, he's in exactly the same position as Christie and Stewart. Its interesting to see McInnes' comments regarding his work rate etc. I've always thought he put in a shift, covering a lot of ground and got a lot of unfair hassle (obviously, fuck him the hun cunt now like) so it's good to see that backed up by the stats. It's come out early enough that it shouldn't be an issue, he'll have to keep up performances for a good while and hopefully we might get something for him in Jan (although by announcing it now, we've likely screwed any chances of getting a good fee). It'll get fucking tedious if he gets booed from now until May, that's for sure.

I'd also prefer if DM didnt pick him from now on unless an injury crisis occurs but I accept that isn't going to happen so as long as he has assured DM that he will give 100% effort then I will trust McInnes' judgement.

He was a signing that excited me when he joined up as he had been excellent at St Mirren but apart from a 4 month spell midway through his second season he really has been no better than average and for large spells utterly honking.

Unless McLean himself was the source...

I'd also prefer if DM didnt pick him from now on unless an injury crisis occurs but I accept that isn't going to happen so as long as he has assured DM that he will give 100% effort then I will trust McInnes' judgement.

Surely these two statements conflict? McInnes, in his interview, portrays McLean as an honest professional. There's no real reason to doubt this. If so, then a professional manager - which McInnes is - could easily have talked the player into keeping it quiet for a couple of days without difficulty. If McLean didn't respect the club or manager enough to wait if requested, then he can't be trusted to play for the team either - that's simple logic. I don't think that's the case though, there'd be no obvious reason for McLean to cut his nose off to spite his face and it appears that McInnes is going to continue playing him (I have no issue with that either). So it seems like we're left with the situation where McInnes has just been uncharacteristically forthcoming on a behind-the-scenes issue. Unnecessarily so, and unsettling too, in my opinion. I just don't get it. Bad for both parties.

Well DM was certainly hoodwinked once already by a sevco bound player. Could lightning strike twice?

Anyway my feelings are irrelevant. DM obviously trusts him. If his performances are satisfactory then if he remains in the team he will have my support regardless.

I don’t get the timing either.

It’s poor that McLean is leaving but it’s where we are in the food chain. Players will leave the likes of Caley Thistle, Partick and Motherwell to come to us but will leave us to go to the Cheeks. We are certainly a lot better than we used to be at holding onto players. When we are losing players to teams they allegedly support, there’s not a lot we can do about it.

If he’d go to England in Jan for a fee that’d be best for us but it’ll probably be Ibrox for him

Well DM was certainly hoodwinked once already by a sevco bound player. Could lightning strike twice?

Anyway my feelings are irrelevant. DM obviously trusts him. If his performances are satisfactory then if he remains in the team he will have my support regardless.

In fairness, we still don't know if that was the case,could have been a case of DM protecting his team / player. Although to the rest of the world, it looked exactly like he'd been duped by the snake. He goes to the huns, fuck him. He goes anywhere else, good luck to him.

McInnes confirmed just now on Sportsound that McLean told him a few days ago, but he got wind that someone else was going to run the story, so he broke it first.

Was the only logical explanation. Good to see DM sticking it to the media. Shite timing but better from him than any other areshole.

bad timing from McLean, now that Pedro has been humped from the huns will there new manager want him ? what a way to shoot your self in the foot or did Pedro go cause he did not want to manage a team with both him and Ryhun in it

Heap of shite. There's clearly been no contact with Rangers, they are (and were not three days go) very obviously not in a position to be signing or approaching players. McLean might be stupid enough to think that, but there's not an agent on earth that would let him think in that manner when a signing on fee is involved.

He wasn't pish at St Midden. And I was amazed at the time when we got him and over the moon that we did. However in the near 3 years we have had him he was good/very good for no more than 6 months or so.

If he ends up at sevco i really wouldn't bat an eyelid as i don't think he would improve them much if at all. But I suspect BB is probably correct and that he will surface at a Bristol City or suchlike next August