Rodgers

Rose

Culjak

Mutch

Storie

Robson also offered a new deal.

No real surprises, I guess.

Bit of a dig at McManus here:

"Declan has decided his future lies elsewhere and we wish him all the best in his future career. We want to continue to work with players committed to Aberdeen."

http://www.afc.co.uk/news/6095#.VVTD6vlVikp

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of a dig at McManus here:

"Declan has decided his future lies elsewhere and we wish him all the best in his future career. We want to continue to work with players committed to Aberdeen."

http://www.afc.co.uk/news/6095#.VVTD6vlVikp

I think it sends the right message. If you don't want to be here then we're not going to beg or be held to ransom; plenty fish in the sea.

Not really that bothered about those leaving although thought Gibbons looked decent when I saw him play for U20s. Disappointed to see Robson offered a new deal. He has looked past it this season and would have thought he would have been one of the ones freed.

Can't argue with any of those to be honest.  Not seen enough of some of those younger guys to even make a judgement on them. But I agree with Jute, would have preferred to see Robson move into a coaching role. Not sure we can afford to have him in the team anymore.

Glad the club are showing they can't be taken for mugs anymore with McManus, enjoy Morton, it's probably your level.  :wave:

Feel a bit for Shaugnessy. When he came through I was impressed with his technique and composure but we never saw much of him after his red card at Fir Park in the cup. Maybe DM just didn't trust him after that. The fact he was never really given a sustained run at CB must also smart for him, but i hope he gets a decent gig.

Can't argue with any of those to be honest.  Not seen enough of some of those younger guys to even make a judgement on them. But I agree with Jute, would have preferred to see Robson move into a coaching role. Not sure we can afford to have him in the team anymore.

Glad the club are showing they can't be taken for mugs anymore with McManus, enjoy Morton, it's probably your level.  :wave:

Saw elsewhere that McManus is moving to England with Fleetwood being mentioned as a possible destination.

Feel a bit for Shaugnessy. When he came through I was impressed with his technique and composure but we never saw much of him after his red card at Fir Park in the cup. Maybe DM just didn't trust him after that. The fact he was never really given a sustained run at CB must also smart for him, but i hope he gets a decent gig.

Shut is going to St Johnstone as replacement for Fraser Wright.

Not really surprised at any names on that list, agree with BB about shugnasty, but I can only assume either we already have better back up (esp with big Russ gone) or it's a sign we're getting another CD, Consi to play there, probably ensuring Shinnie at LB (which I like)

Good luck to all those moving on.

Surprised a bit about gibbons who has impressed me every time I have seen him (3-4 times) and  I thought he was worth keeping on another year.  Joesho was always likely to move on, I think he will have a reasonable career at a kilmarnock or st Johnstone type club and all the best him and to them all. Macmanus has done the right thing, never going to get in ahead of rooney, DG or Shankland anytime soon no matter how many he scored for morton so it makes sense for him to leave. 

Robson has played pretty well the past month or so and imo he still has a role to play.  At no point in his career has his game ever been about pace and he should be treated as a sort of ginger sauzee.  I would also add that i have noticed Jacks game improve after a bit of a dip since robson returned to the SLU.  The experience he has is priceless in what is a squad with quite a low average age now and well worth another year.

Canna imagine why anyone would want Cammy binned. He's nae even 20 yet but he's already made 75 odd appearances, admittedly with very few of those starts. That amount of game time in a youngster though shows the faith we have in him.  He'd asked to go out on loan numerous times to get first team action but has always been told he's a vital part of our squad. He's on an extended deal anyway so not likely to get released anytime soon.

I think he's a very good prospect and even in recent weeks has shown development. He's still a little lightweight but he's a very good wee player.

Up until last month, I thought Robson was done but he's shown why he's valuable on the park in the last month and I've no doubt his value on the training ground and in the dressing room is even more important.

I think both Shaungnessy and Low will go on to have solid SPL careers. It's nae been that often that our youth players have left us to go on to sustain careers in the top flight, in the past, most would bum about at Peterhead for a year or two but the overall quality does seem to have improved.

Canna imagine why anyone would want Cammy binned. He's nae even 20 yet but he's already made 75 odd appearances, admittedly with very few of those starts. That amount of game time in a youngster though shows the faith we have in him.  He'd asked to go out on loan numerous times to get first team action but has always been told he's a vital part of our squad. He's on an extended deal anyway so not likely to get released anytime soon.

I think he's a very good prospect and even in recent weeks has shown development. He's still a little lightweight but he's a very good wee player.

Christ, he's made 75 appearances already?! I'm surprised by that. Up until the latter part of this season, I would have expected his contract to be terminated. He didn't seem to be doing anything and didn't make much of an impact when he played. However, the second part of the season I have noticed a change. Maybe due to the injury and underwhelming performances from PeePaw has spurred him on, I know I prefer to have him coming on than PeePaw at the moment. His form is a separate conversation all together. Smith is an excitable player who tries to make things happen.  As Stooge says, he needs to bulk up a bit, but he adds something different when he comes on and I certainly wouldn't want him to leave any time soon.  Hopefully he can kick on from the second part of this season.

Declan McMannus has signed a three year deal with Fleetwood.

Good luck to the lad. No axe to grind from me, although we will not get any compensation.

You sure about that? Thought if he was offered a pay rise (assume he was) then we'd get cash?

You sure about that? Thought if he was offered a pay rise (assume he was) then we'd get cash?

Taken from Fleetwood Town Forum. Clear as mud eh  ???

"The 20-year-old, who spent the season on loan with Morton where he scored 23-goals, was voted the PFA Player of the Year in the Scottish League 1 this season but is coming to the end of his Aberdeen contract.

According to these reports Alexander has already met with McManus as we look to tie up a deal for the Scottish U21 international, who we would have to pay compensation for given his age then again as he plays for a Scottish club I'm not sure if the same rules as those in England apply?

How accurate these reports are will become clearer soon enough...."

Read more: http://www.fleetwood.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=553378#ixzz3aDxQtfhO

Gutted for Clark Robertson. Injuries have stopped him fulfilling his potential. The signing of Shinnie was always likely to see him moving on.

Surprised at how much of a damp squib Driver turned out to be.

I had completely forgotten about him.  I guess it makes sense given that the US leagues didn't fancy him. Shame really but was a gamble worth taking.

Players that are out of contract.

ABERDEEN

Barry Robson, Clark Robertson, Craig Storie, Joe Shaughnessy, Declan McManus, Andrew Driver, Russell Anderson (retiring), Michael Jones.

CELTIC

Lukasz Zaluska, Jackson Irvine, Joe Chalmers, John Herron, Dylan McGeouch.

DUNDEE

David Clarkson, Jim McAlister, Kyle Letheren, Willie Dyer, Gary Irvine, Martin Boyle, Iain Davidson, Stephen McGinn, Paul Heffernan, Kostadine Gadzhalov, Calum Brodie.

DUNDEE UTD

Radoslaw Cierzniak, Michael Gardyne, Keith Watson, Sean Dillon, Calum Butcher.

HAMILTON

Darren Hill, Blair Currie, Jason Scotland, Nigel Hasselbaink, Jon Routledge.

INVERNESS CT

Marley Watkins, Danny Devine, Lewis Horner, Liam Polworth, Nick Ross, Edward Ofere, Tarmo Kink.

KILMARNOCK

Manuel Pascali, Alexei Eremenko, Craig Slater, Craig Samson, Sammy Clingan, Greg Kiltie, Conor Brennan, Chris Chantler, Mark O’Hara, Nathan Eccleston, Lee Miller.

MOTHERWELL

Paul Lawson, Lionel Ainsworth, John Sutton, Simon Ramsden, Iain Vigurs, Bob McHugh, Josh Law, Stuart Carswell, Adam Cummins, Zaine Francis-Angol, Ross Stewart, Fraser Kerr, Lee Erwin, Scott McDonald, Max Currie, Craig McCall.

PARTICK THISTLE

Kallum Higgginbotham, Paul Gallacher, Abdul Osman, Scott Fox, James Craigen, Dale Keenan, Conrad Balatoni, Steven Lawless, Stephen O’Donnell, Chris Duggan, Sean Welsh.

ROSS COUNTY

Paul Quinn, Scott Boyd, Darren Barr, Ben Frempah, Steven Saunders, Rocco Quinn, Filip Kiss, Terry Dunfield, Richard Brittain, Joe Cardle, Graham Carey, Steven Ross, Jake Jervis, Ruben Palazuelos, Darvydas Sernas, Abdoulaye Meite, Raffaele De Vita, Antonio Reguero, Mark Brown.

ST JOHNSTONE

Frazer Wright, James McFadden, Lee Croft, Gary Miller, Liam Caddis, Steve Banks, Martin Buchanan.

ST MIRREN

Marian Kello, John McGinn, Steven Thompson, Gregg Wylde, Jeroen Tesselaar, Thomas Reilly, Alan Gow, Viktor Genev, Yoann Arquin.

Anyone in that lot that would be worth a look? And don't say Alan Gow....

I'd take Samson.

I think he's a fair bit under rated.

I'd have had Gallacher if he was a bit younger, he should have played at a higher level.

Fox may be a gamble worth taking.

Other than that, the SPL has a few players worth a gamble, Slater, Erwin, Vigurs and McDonald offer squad depth, but, to be honest, if we want to improve our starting 11, Shinnie aside, we need to look outwith our rivals. We are comfortably the 2nd best team in the SPL, we aren't going to take anyone from Celtic and those at United or ICT that can improve us won't come in our price range.

I think we'll add 3 or 4 this summer but I doubt we'll know much about them.

How do we feel about Deek in the market outwith Scotland? Logan has been good and Rooney has been amazing but he was a known commodity but Zola, Wylde, Goodwillie and Brown have been a bit underwhelming to, um, pish and, though I accept its a bit controversial as plenty seem to love him, I think Taylor is the most over rated player in our squad at the moment. I think McInnes has been patchy at best.

fox is rumoured to be going to united and thistle fans will be happy with that,  he  had mare yesterday,  regards taylor    he got aff to a nightmare start and turned it round with lot man of the match performances so guy deserves a lot credit. as for over rated . I don't think anyone thinks  he is a beckenbauer  far fae it  and he makes odd mistake  ,  its Scottish premeiership nae la liga.    but he has been important player for us this season ,been a  good signing and mcinnies did well there.      as for goodwillie  it  has not worked out but  was worth the gamble  .I would like see him punted.  shinnie coming in is brilliant the guy is a winner canna wait see him in red.  as for  mcinnies he will surprise us with signings he usually does so expect few come in .great times at the club and season ticket renewed

I'd take Samson.

I think he's a fair bit under rated.

I'd have had Gallacher if he was a bit younger, he should have played at a higher level.

Fox may be a gamble worth taking.

Other than that, the SPL has a few players worth a gamble, Slater, Erwin, Vigurs and McDonald offer squad depth, but, to be honest, if we want to improve our starting 11, Shinnie aside, we need to look outwith our rivals. We are comfortably the 2nd best team in the SPL, we aren't going to take anyone from Celtic and those at United or ICT that can improve us won't come in our price range.

I think we'll add 3 or 4 this summer but I doubt we'll know much about them.

How do we feel about Deek in the market outwith Scotland? Logan has been good and Rooney has been amazing but he was a known commodity but Zola, Wylde, Goodwillie and Brown have been a bit underwhelming to, um, pish and, though I accept its a bit controversial as plenty seem to love him, I think Taylor is the most over rated player in our squad at the moment. I think McInnes has been patchy at best.

Totally agree - I reckon he is popular as folk think his wife is hot but he does nothing for me - looks or play wise!!

Underwhelming with the others is spot on too - I thought Daniels never got much of a chance when he arrived on loan so it will be interesting to see if any more defenders come in over the summer - squad definately needs bolstered there imo