Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Derek McInnes

BigAl

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt there is any truth in but if there was any it would not surprise me.

It was always going to be a matter of time before he attracted attention from other clubs, if he hasn't done so already.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is one of the names in line for the Scotland job if Strachan does leave.

Did think twice before posting this but guess the purpose of this site is to stimulate debate  ;)

Agree with the concensus so far that this story has no mileage, but as has ben said sooner or later potentially someone is going to come calling. Going to be a huge problem for us when it happens as likely McInnes will look to take the entire back room staff with him wherever he goes  :(

I don't kow who we could get to replce McInnes?

Tommy Wright would be close to the top of any list, works wonders with a bag of washers at the farmers.

Derek Adams would no doubt be mentioned again, he is doing well at Plymouth tbf.

Paul Sheerin? Done well with thw youn eens,  is he ready for the step up??

I don't kow who we could get to replce McInnes?

Tommy Wright would be close to the top of any list, works wonders with a bag of washers at the farmers.

Derek Adams would no doubt be mentioned again, he is doing well at Plymouth tbf.

Paul Sheerin? Done well with thw youn eens,  is he ready for the step up??

In order, decent shout and would be in the running

Adams, wouldn't want the cunt anywhere near our club

Sheerin, to soon potentially, probably needs further experience of being the main man somewhere else before the step up.

Would at one time have thrown Hartley into the mix, not so sure nowadays.

In order, decent shout and would be in the running

Adams, wouldn't want the cunt anywhere near our club

Sheerin, to soon potentially, probably needs further experience of being the main man somewhere else before the step up.

Would at one time have thrown Hartley into the mix, not so sure nowadays.

Aye, Hartley seems to have completely lost the plot.  A dee mate of mine doesn't rate him at all.

I think if it was within the leagues it would have to be Tommy Wright.  Not sure the jags manager could hack it.

Sheerin I would happily see, but needs to develop a bit more imo.

Scottish Sun.

No quotes surprisingly

ABERDEEN boss Derek McInnes has emerged as a shock contender for the QPR job.

SunSport understands the Championship outfit have been impressed by his work at Pittodrie, including one League Cup win and a final appearance later this month.

QPR have yet to approach the Dons for permission to speak to McInnes who had a previous spell in England at Bristol City.

Former QPR gaffer Ian Holloway is poised to be interviewed by a three-man selection panel, headed by director of football Les Ferdinand.

But it’s believed that Ferdinand and Loftus Road chief executive Lee Hoos have placed McInnes on a list of contenders to replace axed Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

Tim Sherwood, Karl Robinson, Paul Clement, Steve Cotterill and former Scotland striker Paul Dickov have all been linked to the vacancy.

Holloway is popular among QPR fans, having enjoyed five years as a player at Loftus Road, and five more as gaffer.

Sherwood, the former Spurs boss and a close pal of Ferdinand, is also in the running, but may prove too expensive for a club languishing 17th in England’s second tier.

McInnes has led the Dons to second place in the Premiership and a League Cup Final against Celtic this month.

Looks like a pile of unsubstantiated pish

English edition of same paper reporting Sherwood to be appointed in next 24 hours

If / when Scotland lose tomorrow, Strachan will walk away, and McInnes will be one of the bookies favourites for the national side. If / when he knocks them back, it's still only a matter of time until we lose the great man.

Tommy Wright would be a popular choice, but another man with potential would be Jim McIntyre. I know they're languishing at the wrong end of the table but given the financial restrictions and geographical challenges, he's doing ok up in Dingwall. I also like his calmness and honesty when dealing with the media.

Just a suggestion, ken?

If / when Scotland lose tomorrow, Strachan will walk away, and McInnes will be one of the bookies favourites for the national side. If / when he knocks them back, it's still only a matter of time until we lose the great man.

Tommy Wright would be a popular choice, but another man with potential would be Jim McIntyre. I know they're languishing at the wrong end of the table but given the financial restrictions and geographical challenges, he's doing ok up in Dingwall. I also like his calmness and honesty when dealing with the media.

Just a suggestion, ken?

Not the worst suggestion that would be thrown out there tbh but think we would be a fair step up for him.

Might be one for the future though :dunno:

Dare I suggest..............McLeish? Ignore the hun factor, did ok at Hibs, Motherwell, and Scotland, all with limited resources. I really don't like going down the ex player route but available. Would he want it? Could we afford him?

Of course. Offer him the same wage as McInnes was on. Take it or keep drawing the dole.

If he plays hard ball - which he won't cos his career has gone the way of Calderwood's - plenty of imaginative performance-related incentives he could be offered but given that anything is better than fuck all, he'll be easy landed.

Not that I think the "great man" is going anywhere soon but if he did, McLeish great shout.

Just a suggestion, ken?

I think mcIntyre could be ok, poss. even Alan Archibald.

The stand out candidate would be Tommy Wright, no question.  IMO he is the best manager in the league, there is nothing to dislike about how he has gone about his business at St J, indeed, everything to be impressed by. 

McIntyre is a dud if you ask me, not interested.

Mcleish is a dinosaur of the game, not interested.

I wouldn't be gutted by Archibald as he impresses me and you never get an easy game against thistle but Wright would absolutely be the man I would want. 

The stand out candidate would be Tommy Wright, no question.  IMO he is the best manager in the league, there is nothing to dislike about how he has gone about his business at St J, indeed, everything to be impressed by. 

McIntyre is a dud if you ask me, not interested.

Mcleish is a dinosaur of the game, not interested.

I wouldn't be gutted by Archibald as he impresses me and you never get an easy game against thistle but Wright would absolutely be the man I would want.

Can't say i'd be inspired by McLeish either. Nothing against the guy but his last few jobs have been a disaster. I'd pass. Especially if he's on the sauce, we've been there before.

If we get money for Derek let him go, he has ran out of runway tactically, the team v Celtic suggest a man at his his ceiling mentally as a manager, as has some of the signings. Tommy Wright is not the answer , we have a team that is capable of explosive attacking football but is held back ....we pay suits a million pounds per  year to come up with the answer...

Never knew Mcleish was hitting the piss but it kinda makes sense. Has been very slurry in his TV appearances.

Maybe there is a more tragic reason why he's been out of work so long.

Don't think there's anything in it. Friends of friends and so forth, I suspect I wid have heard of it. As far as I'm aware he's enjoying life, evaluating and taking opportunities as they come, such as the job in Egypt. I think he went into that with eyes wide open knowing that it was a basket case of a club where there was a high percentage chance of it not working out. Could be entirely wrong of course. Also, there's nothing wrong with making a few pished TV appearances if yer out of work, we've all turned up to work pished afore!

Looks like Ian Holloway is to be announced as QPR boss.

If and when DM does leave us i also think Tommy Wright would do a sterling job for us. I'm not saying he's got a dazzling style of football about him but he most definitely installs a can do / winners mentality into his players.

I also wondered about Michael O'Neil the Norn Ireland boss.... he's done a cracking job there.

I wouldn't want big Eck, any time i've seen him on TV lately i've been left wondering wtf is going on with him.

McIntyre and Archibald would be less than inspiring but then again you could say the same about Deek, so you never know.