Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Caley v Dons

Jute

Friday night and no match thread!

Return to league business with an early chance to get Wednesday's defeat out of the system. Hopefully a wake up call delivered that we cannot afford to take any game lightly. Assuming Shinnie is out would expect Quinn to come in at centre half and Considine to move to left back. Hayes coming back in to midfield maybe lessens a little the potential loss of Shinnie.

Oot

Flat

Preston Ath v Fort William

Flat

1-0 Dons Rooney.

In but I'm on call so no market bar for me pre match. That said I just got a dog so can't spend too much time away from him at first.

Away end

Birds mum's for tea (her hun bro is going the home end he's a nice guy so I won't hold it against him)

2-0 dons Rooney and Hayes to really wind up the ict faithful

Nope. Ward no way at fault for either.

You would have to understand the game to know that.

Ha, I never said he should have, I queried whether he could and I'm not sure he couldn't. The second is not his fault and couldn't have done anything to prevent it. Both were very good strikes.

We were exceptionally poor in the first half - ICT were streaming through our midfield and the defence really struggled to cope.

Obviously McGinn going off was a real blow as we struggled with creativity once he was off but I would really love to know what McInnes thought he was getting by playing Parker from the start instead of Rooney, in particular. Parker seems like another Magennis to me. Offered us very little.  Goodwillie's finishing again let him and us down when presented with a clear sight of goal and illustrates exactly why it is imperative Rooney plays as the central striker.

Our final ball is utterly shocking - Hayes being the main offender.

The result isn't the end of the world especially with celtic also dropping points but we won't get away with performances like that. It was actually a game I thought Robson would have been called from the bench - we needed more presence in the middle of the park and he'd have given us it. It's situations like that where his experience could be invaluable - if DM doesn't think he's up to it then why is he on the bench at all?

Ha, I never said he should have, I queried whether he could and I'm not sure he couldn't. The second is not his fault and couldn't have done anything to prevent it. Both were very good strikes.

Bonnie Grier, the black academic wifie is not known for her commentary on sporting issues. But what she observed about the rugby was interesting and reminded me of the culture within football.

After Wales beat England, she said that the commentators were overwhelmingly negative. We can never acknowledge good play by the opposition. It always has to be our fault and we always seek scapegoats. Managers always trot out "poor goals from our perspective" as if it should never have happened.

They were excellent ICT strikes. The pace and accuracy of the pass to set up the first one was superb and deserved to be finished off well.

The result isn't the end of the world especially with celtic also dropping points but we won't get away with performances like that. It was actually a game I thought Robson would have been called from the bench - we needed more presence in the middle of the park and he'd have given us it. It's situations like that where his experience could be invaluable - if DM doesn't think he's up to it then why is he on the bench at all?

I was surprised to see that as well. Personally, I think his legs are gone and not sure he could have handled it.  But certainly up to last season, that would have been Robson's type of game.

It was weird.. in the first half we never looked like scoring but did. In the second half we looked like we could go on and win the game but didn't score. Extremely frustrating on and off the park. Away section full of fucking knobs as well.

McInnes oot etc.