Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

Teachers. Wankers?

rocket_scientist

In a city where plumbers, mechanics and similarly uneducated personnel have gone to oil to earn 8 or 10k a month, isn't there something wrong when our schoolteachers get paid a quarter of this?

It's like education doesn't matter in today's society?

Or is there another interpretation?

I never got inspired by one teacher at school. I loved the French teacher cos she was good looking and just a lovely attitude but the cunts we got for Maths, English and the sciences were total wankers.

They were sad people. I've never ever had a mate who is a teacher. They're a particularly sad subset of society in my experience, frustrated by their role with an increasingly unruly audience, tied by a culture of political correctness and having to live in shit houses, drive shit cars, have cheap holidays and put up with a pretty awful standard of living because their income is so poor.

Teachers never went into it to make money, obviously, but why are they all such torn-faced arseholes?

Same as it ever was, I guess. Horrible human beings.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about it, I've never had a mate who's joined or been in the police. These aren't coincidences.

It's not strictly valid to generalise of course and there are exceptions to most rules but the personality traits that attract some to certain roles, or traits that are formed, developed or entrenched by environmental influences will have commonalities.

The teachers I've come across have two aspects I find unattractive. They think they're right all the time and yet have nothing interesting to say. And why would they, spending five days a week trying to control neds who don't want to listen, pushing a syllabus, a formula of scripted learning that the target audience don't want to hear. Given that they're "in charge" all the time and they don't experience challenges to their authority, the concept of equality doesn't compute.

Police also have distorted control requirements, officiousness being built into their psyche. But the main reason I don't like them is that they're pigs. That one was easier to explain.

Curiosity. When I see or hear someone attack any profession I find it easier to understand their point of view when I know their line of work.

I also find it interesting this post appeared so soon after an altercation on another thread with a teacher.

Correction. It was not an attack on the profession but rather the type of people that make up the majority of it.

I have teachers in my family. I know their ilk.

Yes it was the arsey tone and the insulting words in his personal attack plus the arrogance of presuming to know stuff about me - deriving completely from his imagination and made up - that reminded me of the ilk. I don't even know if he is a teacher, despite it being in his username. It certainly would not surprise me however, given his antisocial and bitter behaviour.

Called anti-social and bitter by, possibly, the most anti-social and bitter poster on here?

Think I may have hit a nerve.

Oh, and yes, I am a teacher, but also spent the first 15 years of my working life in industry (as I also have an Engineering degree)

ETA: And I have masturbated, so I guess I am a wanker

I think it's fairly clear that you were the one spoiling for a confrontation: -

You're speaking "your" truth.

Realistically we have the best manager we've had in decades, and, yes, we should be better in the cup competitions.

But what do you actually want, Rocket?

Seems to me you want a forum to spout your anger (and that seems like an issue you need to deal with) and frustration.

I am old enough to have seen Aberdeen since the late 60's, are you jealous I've seen us win more trophies? Seems like it. I've also been at Pittodrie at our worst, and a season ticket holder during the bad years.

Deek will probably never win us the league, I doubt Klopp, Mourinho, Wenger, Ferguson, GOD or anyone will until there is a huge change in Scottish football. Fuck it, I doubt even you could win the league for us. We maybe should win some more cups, do better in Europe and certainly not lose 5-1 to St Johnstone, but "shit happens"

No, I am NOT being "defeatist" or "well we'll never win cos sellik have more munny", but I do realize, given where we were just a few years ago, to be berating a manager that "will never win the league" compared to, say McGhee, who almost killed our club, is infantile, stupid and pathetic.

I await the vitriolic personal and "I know better" reply" :wave:

This was completely unprovoked.

So don't go acting like a bairn when you get called up.

I was very restrained in the face of your provocation. The bitter and anti-social were the first comments I made against you, and they are quite obviously truths as you now prove.

Go fuck yourself.

What do you do for a living?

The teachers I've come across have two aspects I find unattractive. They think they're right all the time and yet have nothing interesting to say.

Using the rocket interpretation of teachers, I think we can deduce... He's actually a teacher.

Mystery solved  ;)

Fit was the conclusion then? Are teachers wankers or not?

If I we're to criticise Rocket for anything in this thread, it has to be for not including a poll as part of it. I'd have thought that in your line of work the results of a poll would have been interesting.

Whilst this thread was possibly created to slag off MBT I'm going to enlighten you all with some of my thoughts and experiences on teachers/teaching.

Teaching is a fucking brutal profession. Teachers are underpaid, underappreciated and undervalued. They work mental hours and have to deal with obnoxious little cunts the likes of which I struggle to imagine despite being one of them just a few years ago. (Nah I wasn't that bad). They deserve respect from pupils and parents and they deserve better pay. IMO my opinion only nurses get a worse deal than teachers. If it was up to me they'd get their pay increased in a heartbeat. I'd fund it by calling in Gary Barlow's tax bill.

Most of my teachers were pretty uninspiring. I actually can't think of many that could be arsed teaching me. But I don't blame them. If you pay peanuts you get monkeys. Some of them are downright dim too. I remember one day in primary school we had a test of some sort. One of the questions was "What is the official language of Brazil?" and because I was a smart cunt for a 7 year old I put "Portuguese" where as all the other kids put either "Spanish" or "Brazilian". Thick cunts. Or were they? Because when we got the answers back I was marked wrong. The teacher decided that Spanish was the correct answer. When I pointed out (politely as fuck) that the teacher was wrong her jaw just about hit the floor that I dared question her. I probably got into trouble for that. There's no justice I tell you.

I do know some teachers. Not many, admittedly, but like nursing I think it takes a special kind of person to do it well. To put up with the constant shit (literally, in the case of nursing) that you get and still be pleasant and more importantly still impart knowledge on to some young folk I think you deserve a hell of a lot more than what they get.

Although I should add that I don't think the government is, for a second, interested in improving the education of the general public. The smarter folk are the more folk would be banging down the doors at Downing Street calling for the heads of corrupt cunts.

So is that a Yes or a No?

I reckon it's the syllabus that's the issue. I was bored as fuck at school, and made sure the teacher knew about it. The authoritarian balls was a bit shit ina. They should treat kids like adults a lot earlier and get them involved in the subject(s) that they want to take further. I don't see the point in forcing a child to do something they hate to fulfil some pre-conceived idea of knowledge a child should know. Teachers are always fighting a losing battle in that respect. Furthermore, I think it puts kids off learning and continuing to learn once school is over. It took me ages to pick up a book after I left school due to the turgid shite I was forced to read in secondary school (having been an avid reader in primary). It turned out it wasn't turgid shite, but just stuff I was too young/immature to appreciate, but forcing me to read it just exacerbated the issue tenfold. Most people I know stopped learning when they left school other than an occasional regurgitation exercise of a business degree or some such shite because they hadn't learned anything worthwhile at school that set them up with an obvious career choice. It doesn't surprise me that so many people leave school with little idea what they want to do with their life - the places are imagination vacuums. At least 50% of the teachers I encountered clearly had no interest in what they were doing and did anything they could for an easy life. It rubs off too. But I realise that's a pretty general statement based on my school days, which was a wee while ago now.

Whilst this thread was possibly created to slag off MBT I'm going to enlighten you all with some of my thoughts and experiences on teachers/teaching.

Teaching is a fucking brutal profession. Teachers are underpaid, underappreciated and undervalued. They work mental hours and have to deal with obnoxious little cunts the likes of which I struggle to imagine despite being one of them just a few years ago. (Nah I wasn't that bad). They deserve respect from pupils and parents and they deserve better pay. IMO my opinion only nurses get a worse deal than teachers. If it was up to me they'd get their pay increased in a heartbeat. I'd fund it by calling in Gary Barlow's tax bill.

Most of my teachers were pretty uninspiring. I actually can't think of many that could be arsed teaching me. But I don't blame them. If you pay peanuts you get monkeys. Some of them are downright dim too. I remember one day in primary school we had a test of some sort. One of the questions was "What is the official language of Brazil?" and because I was a smart cunt for a 7 year old I put "Portuguese" where as all the other kids put either "Spanish" or "Brazilian". Thick cunts. Or were they? Because when we got the answers back I was marked wrong. The teacher decided that Spanish was the correct answer. When I pointed out (politely as fuck) that the teacher was wrong her jaw just about hit the floor that I dared question her. I probably got into trouble for that. There's no justice I tell you.

I do know some teachers. Not many, admittedly, but like nursing I think it takes a special kind of person to do it well. To put up with the constant shit (literally, in the case of nursing) that you get and still be pleasant and more importantly still impart knowledge on to some young folk I think you deserve a hell of a lot more than what they get.

That pretty much hits the nail on the head for me (apart from the uninspiring bit, guess I was Lucky as I had a couple of great teachers at school!). It's a hugely challenging profession. As well as that the general opinion that they get a huge amount of holidays etc is just nonsense, I've never seen anyone expected to work through as many of their holidays (without pay or thanks) as teachers. That's not to mention the teachers that take on even more workload by marking exams etc as well.

In a city where plumbers, mechanics and similarly uneducated personnel have gone to oil to earn 8 or 10k a month, isn't there something wrong when our schoolteachers get paid a quarter of this?

It's like education doesn't matter in today's society?

Or is there another interpretation?

I never got inspired by one teacher at school. I loved the French teacher cos she was good looking and just a lovely attitude but the cunts we got for Maths, English and the sciences were total wankers.

They were sad people. I've never ever had a mate who is a teacher. They're a particularly sad subset of society in my experience, frustrated by their role with an increasingly unruly audience, tied by a culture of political correctness and having to live in shit houses, drive shit cars, have cheap holidays and put up with a pretty awful standard of living because their income is so poor.

Teachers never went into it to make money, obviously, but why are they all such torn-faced arseholes?

Same as it ever was, I guess. Horrible human beings.

you say they don't go into it for the money so why would driving a shit car bother them? Why does the type of car you drive matter to anyone other than the person who drives it?  Would probably matter to those who are so insecure in themselves that they can only measure life by such things.  That to me is indicative of a sad individual, not the post code they live in or the holidays they go on.

I also don't believe teachers are paid so poorly that they have to "put up with a pretty awful standard of living"... but then, I suppose everything is relative.

Of course, some of them are uninspiring, and some are wankers. That's life.  However, are they really deserving of the tag "Horrible human beings"?  Seems to me that's just a bit of a ridiculous thing to say, I'm sure you'd agree, deep down.

you say they don't go into it for the money so why would driving a shit car bother them? Why does the type of car you drive matter to anyone other than the person who drives it?  Would probably matter to those who are so insecure in themselves that they can only measure life by such things.  That to me is indicative of a sad individual, not the post code they live in or the holidays they go on.

I also don't believe teachers are paid so poorly that they have to "put up with a pretty awful standard of living"... but then, I suppose everything is relative.

Of course, some of them are uninspiring, and some are wankers. That's life.  However, are they really deserving of the tag "Horrible human beings"?  Seems to me that's just a bit of a ridiculous thing to say, I'm sure you'd agree, deep down.

Of course it was ridiculous. As the boy Tyrant said, it was a reaction thread to a completely unprovoked ad hominem attack by a poster with the word teacher in his nom de plume.

Tyrant made some great points with which I totally agree. Teachers aren't valued, firstly by central government. They are underpaid for the role that they are meant to perform in society and paying peanuts, we're going to get monkeys.

Education is such an important issue for society, let alone the individual that it is criminal - like nurses, as Tyrant also correctly stated - the way they have been treated by successive governments.

I relocated my whole family when my eldest was in second year secondary. I don't believe it paying for private education - not that I could afford it then - and having concerns about the school (which supposedly had a great reputation) we moved and it was the best decision of my life. Our eldest two girls got first class honours from Strathclyde and Glasgow having got an excellent education in the state sector in the North East.

A St Andrews professor I know said that when Blair came into power and decided to swell the numbers going into tertiary education in the 90's, this coincided with a remarkable and noticeable downturn in the basic literacy and numeracy skills of students. The truth is, Britain is getting thicker and thicker. The neglect of education, including in Scotland has been yet another tragedy of a political agenda that was nothing to do with community and everything to do with other things, as the boy Rico with some numbers at the end and other posters know, as we can see from their posts on here.

Blair was the first with the gall to do it openly and yet Cameron is exceeding that war criminal, unbelievably.

As stated on Question Time by that wifie almost two years ago* and ignored by the "mainstream" media, the biggest beneficiary of wind farm technology in the whole of the UK is Sandra Cameron's father. What a coincidence? Time to leave the EEC now I guess, having trousered the incentives? Even today, the "trade deals" with China make absolutely no sense. Politically it makes much sense to forge closer ties but at what price? It's the very few that benefit and we, the people of the United Westminster of ungreat Britannia are getting fucked over.

Use the internet people and stop drinking Coke. Jamie Oliver has a good case. It's not just making people fat, it's rotting their brains.

*Edit: And you can bet your bottom dollar it was true because she would have had the arse sued off of her and we WOULD have heard about it if it was a lie, the only defence to Libel (in Scotland, Slander in England) being veritas i.e. that it is true.

Of course it was ridiculous. As the boy Tyrant said, it was a reaction thread to a completely unprovoked ad hominem attack by a poster with the word teacher in his nom de plume.

Tyrant made some great points with which I totally agree. Teachers aren't valued, firstly by central government. They are underpaid for the role that they are meant to perform in society and paying peanuts, we're going to get monkeys.

Education is such an important issue for society, let alone the individual that it is criminal - like nurses, as Tyrant also correctly stated - the way they have been treated by successive governments.

I relocated my whole family when my eldest was in second year secondary. I don't believe it paying for private education - not that I could afford it then - and having concerns about the school (which supposedly had a great reputation) we moved and it was the best decision of my life. Our eldest two girls got first class honours from Strathclyde and Glasgow having got an excellent education in the state sector in the North East.

A St Andrews professor I know said that when Blair came into power and decided to swell the numbers going into tertiary education in the 90's, this coincided with a remarkable and noticeable downturn in the basic literacy and numeracy skills of students. The truth is, Britain is getting thicker and thicker. The neglect of education, including in Scotland has been yet another tragedy of a political agenda that was nothing to do with community and everything to do with other things, as the boy Rico with some numbers at the end and other posters know, as we can see from their posts on here.

Blair was the first with the gall to do it openly and yet Cameron is exceeding that war criminal, unbelievably.

As stated on Question Time by that wifie almost two years ago* and ignored by the "mainstream" media, the biggest beneficiary of wind farm technology in the whole of the UK is Sandra Cameron's father. What a coincidence? Time to leave the EEC now I guess, having trousered the incentives? Even today, the "trade deals" with China make absolutely no sense. Politically it makes much sense to forge closer ties but at what price? It's the very few that benefit and we, the people of the United Westminster of ungreat Britannia are getting fucked over.

Use the internet people and stop drinking Coke. Jamie Oliver has a good case. It's not just making people fat, it's rotting their brains.

*Edit: And you can bet your bottom dollar it was true because she would have had the arse sued off of her and we WOULD have heard about it if it was a lie, the only defence to Libel (in Scotland, Slander in England) being veritas i.e. that it is true.

So............. long story short, and to answer the question you originally posed; no teachers aren't wankers, you just got your arse felt by one on the interwebs and took the huff.

Glad we got there in the end.