Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Faissal El Bakhtaoui

out of contract , pacey, skillful and seems to know where the goal is.... wonder if he is on the radar

Have heard the rumour (not on here obviously) that we pretty much have him on a pre contract.

May or may not however prove to be a complete load of shite.

Concern would be could he step up from league 2 to the premier.

Despite the often dire quality of our national game it appears premier league defenders are too good for lower league strikers

Know what you mean Tom, but I remember a few years ago signing a guy called Steve Archibald from lower league and he didn't  turn out too badly.

Sometimes think we avoid taking risks on players from lower Scottish League football and instead take gambles on the likes of Tom Jones and Calvin Zola from lower league English  football.

I feel the money factor was not as rife back in the days of Steve Archibald.

In my lifetime Colin Samuel springs to mind as does Karim Kerkar, Leigh Hinds etc

You might have a point Tom BUT still reckon this guy is worth taking a punt on  :thumbsup:

there is a good youtube of some of his goals this season...yes I know its lower league but he appears to have a lot of talent

Would that be this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcQCy4tNnY0

Really impressive, all kinds of goals and he clearly has good technique.  What impressed me most was the number of times he kept the ball low and placed when it would have been easier to stick the laces through it and probably still score.  A very canny player imo and looks far better than church.