Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

What next?

LA-Don

Well, what do we do for the next 5 games? I think we have to solidify second and try to finish the season strongly. The league is over, can't see us winning all 5 and Celtic losing 3, especially when we go to Celtic and Hearts again. I think we give some youth a chance, such as McKenna and Scott Wright, but not to the extend of sacrificing performances and a poor finish to the season like last year.

Summer will be huge as it's clear of our deficiencies. We also have to believe Rangers will be decent next season, plus assume Hearts will build on their first year back. The January window was poor and if we don't have a good summer we could easily drop back and be fighting to make top 6 next year. I also wouldn't be surprised if we get offers for Rooney, Shinnie, Hayes, or even McGinn, plus Shay may move on.

Our squad isn't big enough for sure. If we keep all of the above, we still need a keeper to compete with Rodgers (Rodgers is #2), at least one commanding central defender, a couple of center mids, and another forward for sure. We also need another winger (if Scott Wright isn't ready yet) as we rely too heavily on McGinn and Hayes. I think we need another creative center mid and another tough tackling/imposing center mid. I'll say losing Ward and Rooney was a big factor in losing the league. The keeper spot must be fixed and we can't rely so much on Rooney, Goodwillie and Church aren't the answer.

Very disappointed right now. Last year at this time we had a better record than Celtic against all the other teams, it was our losses to Celtic that cost us the league. This year it's not been the Celtic games. Interesting times ahead....

So, do we expect Collin to get a game against the saints then?

I've a feeling he's utter pap. Looked very disinterested in the warm up against Utd, which is the only thing I've seen of him. The other dude that we took in looked more like he wanted to be there. Obviously, that's no barometer of their ability, but I suspect we're stuck with Brown until the end of the season. He's not been terrible, which is the nicest thing I can say about him.

I've a feeling he's utter pap. Looked very disinterested in the warm up against Utd, which is the only thing I've seen of him. The other dude that we took in looked more like he wanted to be there. Obviously, that's no barometer of their ability, but I suspect we're stuck with Brown until the end of the season. He's not been terrible, which is the nicest thing I can say about him.

Granted, Brown wasn't terrible at the start of his return, but i'd say the two defeats could squarely be put down to him (as a starting point). Poor keeping gifting stupid goals.  I'm not removing any blame on the defence at all but frankly, the keeping for 2 goals was pathetic.

He's not been terrible, which is the nicest thing I can say about him.

Unfortunately Rico, that's not something we should ever be saying about league contenders.

On the keeper issue... DM has to make a very bold statement i think about the no.1 jersey. Whoever it's going to be, make an early call and give that player the confidence to go about his business. So he knows he's the main man, can work with his defence early on etc.

I wouldn't be averse to seeing Jack leave, from what i can see I don't believe he's a positive influence on the squad. I'd like to see Storie promoted full time to the first team and at least one centre midfielder bought.  Would like a keeper, two centre backs and a striker to replace Church as back up to Rooney.

Time to state our intentions.