Saturday 19th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Celtic v Aberdeen

Hyundai A-League - Oz fitba

CvB

8 hours ago, Jute said:

Developing their own players seems to be sensible way for A League to go but McGarry still has me nervous of taking players from there at the moment. 

Haha as I’ve always maintained, I was surprised we went for him. Wasn’t even the best kiwi left back or left back at their club. These guys are destined for the top. 

This was the equalising goal. Weirdly, aussie TV had guys in a sydney based studio, so didn't have the mic feed from the ground and their sound was bloody quiet. This is the kiwi one, stadium went berserk. 

stadium pano.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well, seems like we've well and truly missed the boat with the Nix keeper. Linked with Chelsea, Liverpool and Bournmouth. The latter being owned by Foley who also own Hibs, Lorient and the newly form Auckland FC. I wouldn't see him coming back to play in the a-league, but I'd be pissed off if he was in goal for Hibs. Also, fuck Foley.

I may have selective memories but the last time I can recall Hibs having a consitant good keeper was in the 90s when they had both Goram and Leighton.
Since then they have had some real bombskares (almost made Bossu look like Buffon). 

8 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

I may have selective memories but the last time I can recall Hibs having a consitant good keeper was in the 90s when they had both Goram and Leighton.
Since then they have had some real bombskares (almost made Bossu look like Buffon). 

They’ve had many a shite keeper. I’m only assuming Bournemouth will loan him out, but seems like he may even come in and challenge their current crop. Missed opportunity for us imo.