The Golf Thread

Garlogie_Granite

34 minutes ago, tup1 said:

It definitely is. When Hendry won his titles the overall standard was much higher, there was more competition for titles.

O'Sullivan, Higgins and Williams are still picking away 20 years after their peak.

There might have been more competition for titles (I disagree, nobody came close to Hendry), but the standard has demonstrably improved. The number of centuries, long potting etc is far superior these days, and there's probably 20 players that could bang in centuries for fun. Robertson, Selby, Trump, Ding etc are all miles better than yer John Parrotts etc who would be on the fringes during Hendry's reign. He'd be the first to say so. 

O'Sullivan, Higgins and Williams were significantly better than anyone else when they first came on the go. They are at the peak of their sport. That sport doesn't require much fitness, so can be played for much longer. They don't win everything these days, far from it, but they're still at the top because they set such a high standard and retained that standard. If Steve Davis had retained his standard, or Jimmy White, they wouldn't be winning anything these days (they'd likely have improved of course).

34 minutes ago, tup1 said:

Snooker used to be huge in Scotland and the UK in general, when the fags sponsored it.

I really don't think there's any need for homophobia.

6 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Wow, honestly, they consider themselves an organised "gang"? I never knew this and I've never come across any of them on the hat that I can remember, certainly not with these usernames. The level of pathos has just deepened.

I banned myself from AFC Chat because of the amount of total mutants on there. I will happily take a ban from here if my conduct in self-defence was considered too robust. The world is too pussy and I would rather have no part of a PC - or woke or whatever the term is - forum.

You did not ban yourself you hopeless liar. You were banished and ridiculed for being a grade A balloon. Tup 

5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Oh dear, it's turning on you now I fear tup.

Instead of getting all upset and he called me names boo hoo, why don't you answer the question of WHY you seek confrontation?

They are wind up merchants but just not very good at it (brother).

4 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

There might have been more competition for titles (I disagree, nobody came close to Hendry), but the standard has demonstrably improved. The number of centuries, long potting etc is far superior these days, and there's probably 20 players that could bang in centuries for fun. Robertson, Selby, Trump, Ding etc are all miles better than yer John Parrotts etc who would be on the fringes during Hendry's reign. He'd be the first to say so. 

O'Sullivan, Higgins and Williams were significantly better than anyone else when they first came on the go. They are at the peak of their sport. That sport doesn't require much fitness, so can be played for much longer. They don't win everything these days, far from it, but they're still at the top because they set such a high standard and retained that standard. If Steve Davis had retained his standard, or Jimmy White, they wouldn't be winning anything these days (they'd likely have improved of course).

I really don't think there's any need for homophobia.

I have to respectfully disagree. Trump, Robertson and Ding are too flaky and can't play the long game. Yes they can rattle in a good break.

Selby I will concede is a very good player. But that's because he used to be world pool champion.

The scoring in individual frames might be higher, but the standard of the snooker overall is lower.

4 minutes ago, Donofanewera said:

Tup has the biggest meltdown in the history of any forum. Available for all to see. Came on here with best intentions and I don’t know the other 2 but it’s a waste of time debating with cretins so I’ll leave you to each other and your mutual bitterness 

You must have the wrong person.

Bye.

5 minutes ago, tup1 said:

You must have the wrong person.

Bye.

Good riddance to it.

Best of intentions? Targeting a poster and doing it consistently and relentlessly for the sole aim of provoking confrontations?

Waste of time debating? Since when does making shit up, being insulting and being childish qualify as "debate"?

I swear that they are all highly disturbed with entrenched madness.

I will work out a strategy to deal with them and any more mutants who may appear. It won't be difficult given their modus operandi.

7 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Good riddance to it.

Best of intentions? Targeting a poster and doing it consistently and relentlessly for the sole aim of provoking confrontations?

Waste of time debating? Since when does making shit up, being insulting and being childish qualify as "debate"?

I swear that they are all highly disturbed with entrenched madness.

I will work out a strategy to deal with them and any more mutants who may appear. It won't be difficult given their modus operandi.

He was lowering the tone but maybe he's learned his lesson.

Just now, tup1 said:

He was lowering the tone but maybe he's learned his lesson.

I don't think it's possible for it to learn anything personally. If a grown man wants to waste his time confronting people he doesn't know, but considers the posters he is trying to provoke as "balloons" or other disparaging terms, he's not all there.

Appalling behaviour from the pair of you, as expected. The assessment of data is now in the 1000 club. You won't be privy to that though. But I'm sure you can imagine. If there's one thing you can take from this it's not to jump in with preconceptions about people and judge people just because you've found yourself a safe little enclave where you can express yourself without question or reason. Tup was snuggling in nicely to Rocket's bosom until he began to rattle. The shaking was akin to a bag of spanners. Tup knows he needs to tread carefully after his past indiscretion. Perhaps he found Rocket Scientist as a safe haven. In the end they were nothing more than two men with damaged reputations bound in madness.

• Thanks 1

Just stop with the madness, mutant.

Tup and I have never been bosom buddies. We just found ourselves on the same thread dealing with one of you three at the same time.

This is not the hat. I don't get why you three came over if you love it so much?

You won't get away with the same stuff that goes for usual over there. You are pissing off a lot of people.

The ‘hat’ is a desperate place these days since the moderator lost control of himself.

Son of the Rock is another problem from there who shows up here like a bad smell you can’t get rid of, a blatant liar, a typical weegie who can’t be trusted an inch.

1 hour ago, royal deeside cowie said:

Appalling behaviour from the pair of you, as expected. The assessment of data is now in the 1000 club. You won't be privy to that though. But I'm sure you can imagine. If there's one thing you can take from this it's not to jump in with preconceptions about people and judge people just because you've found yourself a safe little enclave where you can express yourself without question or reason. Tup was snuggling in nicely to Rocket's bosom until he began to rattle. The shaking was akin to a bag of spanners. Tup knows he needs to tread carefully after his past indiscretion. Perhaps he found Rocket Scientist as a safe haven. In the end they were nothing more than two men with damaged reputations bound in madness.

Nobody on here gives a fuck. I appreciate there might be some vein of humour for those posting on another site for whatever reason, but given it's lost on 99% of posters on here, why bother? It's a fairly contrived effort mate, whatever it is you think your doing. It's nae working. Just give it up. It's like witnessing a teenager irritating a bouncer in an effort to get banned from a night club so that they can tell their mates that they've been banned from a night club. I hope you don't get banned, as it might make you think you've won the game that you're playing against nobody. 

34 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

You've signed up to a forum with the sole purpose of baiting someone. Irony isn't lost on you, is it?

They don't think with intelligence. They are unfamiliar with concepts such as decency and integrity. Their modus operandi is always the same. They make shit up, they regurgitate it often and so much so in fact that they start to believe their own lies. Fabricate-Repeat-Believe.

There are HUNNERS like them on other forums and also, I understand, all over the internet. There is a known syndrome of fuck-ups like these cunts getting their kicks from being nasty and bullying online.

It's never going to affect us but this is the closest I'll get to these sad people and I'm desperate to find out why they behave as they do. I've got some pretty good conjectures but I'm looking for that corroboration, which might be forthcoming if they didn't just drop shit all over the place and run away, not like little girls (as I first thought), but like the mentally-disturbed people they are, not caring for normal "forum etiquette" as you call it, which I find rather spiffing.

52 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I hope you don't get banned, as it might make you think you've won the game that you're playing against nobody. 

I also don't want to see them banned but it's important that this type of mutant-behaviour doesn't spread. We know it's confined to three only (at the moment) but where I was mistaken that they would have their (sick) "fun" and fuck off after getting bored, they seem remarkably resilient, having no shame and not being capable of understanding that some people on this planet don't dig their shit, lacking in any form of reasonable perspective whatsoever.

7 hours ago, Donofanewera said:

Didn’t you start to a campaign to get your post count reinstated and were sending WhatsApps with threats.

How could I do that when you’d need mobile numbers for What’s App?

Sounds like someone is spinning you a yarn and you’ve bought it. I’ve never sent a threatening message in my life so you’ve got bum information.

2 hours ago, scotfree said:

Get back on topic, guys,

200w.gif?cid=ecf05e47ykqskm6addec3cfapet

Something quite beautiful about this girl and yet a paradoxical element to it that I can't quite get my fingers on.

She is quite expert at keeping shafts on plane and yet there is innocence in how loose she is. A good swinger, she will smash a lot of balls during an extended period, which the red and white barmy army will appreciate (or red and yellow increasingly these days, as it makes a come back).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tup1 said:

How could I do that when you’d need mobile numbers for What’s App?

Sounds like someone is spinning you a yarn and you’ve bought it. I’ve never sent a threatening message in my life so you’ve got bum information.

This is also very common. When one of them fabricates a mistruth that fits their narrative, they repeat the lies of others too. But you got to feel for Scotland's Euan Walker, currently first reserve. Hope he gets in. He could really use a start.