Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Summer transfer window

manc_don

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fyvie struggled after he returned from injury. He started very promisingly. In the end, he was being played out wide often, in one of the slowest midfields we've had in a long time. Guys like Arneson and Hughes gave him no guidance and leadership and by the time he was due to leave his career was heading backwards. I think Deek would have got something out of him mind you, but he wasn't to know that and he made the right decision to move and pick up some cash while he could. Nothing like a regular at hibs - much like Andrew Shinnie, who I'm very surprised to see mentioned here (he's gash) - and would do little to enhance our bench.

I liked fyvie, thought he looked a player. He didn't do that much at Hibs though and I doubt he would add much to the squad now.

Dont want Draper, he's a good physical presence but he gives the ball away far too much.  Meekings is a solid cb but gets injured a lot, would prefer Warren of we are taking a cb from Inverness.

Never keen on taking defenders from a team that got relegated. Teams with decent defenders do not get relegated.

Ryan Jack got crucified for leaving us

Quote from Jonny Hayes: "Coming to Celtic is a dream come true. I would have come to Celtic to wear the shirt even if it only meant a chance to play for the club in the Celtic car park."

Yep. He's a dirty tim fuck.

That said, we got some money for the dirty tim fuck.

He just had a bit more class than Jack, and didn't come through our system. We have no right to expect Jack to be completely loyal to the dons and expect him to hate the huns, but we have every right to boo the cunt.

He just had a bit more class than Jack, and didn't come through our system. We have no right to expect Jack to be completely loyal to the dons and expect him to hate the huns, but we have every right to boo the cunt.

Hayes is also a good guy.  Has offered to help towards refunding folks who got his name on their shirt.  Jack?  heathan shite bag and I wish no good will for his career.

Fyvie supposed to be training with der Hun as a favour to Jason Holt from newco. (training facilities only not a trial)

He got lambasted for leaving us for Wigan but he got 3 years there on decent wages and left with an FA Cup winners medal in his hipper so he was proved right in doing so :o

I wouldn't see him improving us now but on a cheap contract (1500pw or so) he would be a reasonable squad player. I suspect he will end up at Killie or Murderwell though.

if you cant see the difference between Hayes and Jacks conduct and how they have behaved since and during transfer then i despair

Ryan Jack got crucified for leaving us

Quote from Jonny Hayes: "Coming to Celtic is a dream come true. I would have come to Celtic to wear the shirt even if it only meant a chance to play for the club in the Celtic car park."

Hayes signed a new contract with us in January to ensure we got suitable compensation in the summer. 

Jack let his contract expire after being brought through the youth ranks, then left for nothing.

Hayes clearly and quietly reached an agreement over his future intentions with the manager in January.

Jack publicly gave the manager assurances he would never join Sevco, then did the exact opposite.

Hayes earned his place in the team and the respect of the fans through his performances and professionalism.

Jack demanded to be made captain just as reward for staying.

Hayes made Aberdeen a better team than we would have been without him.

Aberdeen made Jack a better player than he would have been without us.