Summer transfer window

manc_don

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hayes went to Celtic......cunts

Jack went to..................unspeakable bastards

Hayes is a Tim.......understandable if disappointing.

Jack is a Hun.........burn the bastard.

Two cheeks of the same arse. Both clubs are despicable.

What I am trying to say is that it is a bit fecking annoying for the people concerned to see the bloody unfairness in terms of the judgements of 'good old Jonny' and Ryan Jack.

They both left and that is it - moved on. All players move on.

But I pick up the paper today to see good old Jonny boy' speaking about how it took him "less than 30 seconds" to decide to join Celtic and that he would "happily play in the car park just to get the chance to play in the hoops".

I mean FFS. Move on by all means but that takes the biscuit comments like that.

What I am trying to say is that it is a bit fecking annoying for the people concerned to see the bloody unfairness in terms of the judgements of 'good old Jonny' and Ryan Jack.

But I pick up the paper today to see good old Jonny boy' speaking about how it took him "less than 30 seconds" to decide to join Celtic and that he would "happily play in the car park just to get the chance to play in the hoops".

Then stop talking about it, I don't read all the shit about what ex players are saying, more concerned about who is coming in. I don't care if we buy or sell from Rangers or Celtic, despise them both, but if it makes us better it's a business where performance matters.

If you took the 1.3 mill we brought in who would you buy? Would you spend 750k on Stevie May and Lindsay? I think both are young enough with the potential to do well for us then sell on eventually and make money - we haven't done that particularly well in the past, pains me seeing teams like United and Hearts make money off transfers, I'd love us to gamble on these two. Add Jamie walker to that we spend a mill on a half or so on players that are good young talent. I get that May is a risk but worth it in my eyes. All the talk about as doing better next year means we MUST spend to replace what we lost, plus we MUST spend to reward the manager's loyalty.

I wouldn't touch Stevie May unless it was a loan deal with a fixed price 1st option to buy. It's at least 2 years since he's shown any kind of good form.

As he's failed at 2 English clubs (as harsh as that may sound) I don't think he'll have any kind of resale value in the same way that there's been very little interest in Adam Rooney despite his scoring record for us. If we had signed Rooney direct from ICT and he had the same scoring record, English Championship clubs would have been banging on our door with 7 figure offers.

I'd definitely prioritise Lindsay and Walker over May but id expect Preston would want every penny of May's wages covered which was supposed to be 6k per week. Works out at 300k for a year. Thats a hefty sum for someone who ultimately wouldnt be our plaar. Only benefit I can see doing it that way is if he breaks down with injury problems and we could punt him back.

They've just agreed a price with Barnsley. Nothing to stop the dons matching it then leave it up to the loon. I expect if Deek was interested, that offer wid have been made. They've shown with McLean that they'll spend if the right potential is there.

Just found out Lindsay is a left sided centre back. With Reynolds and Consi there already its really not what we require at all unless there were plans to punt one of them.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say he won't be joining us...

Just found out Lindsay is a left sided centre back. With Reynolds and Consi there already its really not what we require at all unless there were plans to punt one of them.

Oops. I didnae ken that either. Fuck him off to Barnsley.

Naismith was a cracking player but he hasn't been playing much recently and he is 31 in September so will have lost that wee burst of pace he used to use to get into the box late.  He would probably still score quite a lot of goals but I'm not sure he would be worth the large wage, I would much rather Ali Crawford 2bh.

The problem with Crawford is that he's almost identical to Christie and McLean (all could play striker, but you probably widnae).

I'd also say that's probably an issue with Maloney too, as the advanced midfield role definitely became his best position over the last few years rather than out wide. Naismith can perform the striker role too.

Bizarre.

I would still have gone for him, due to Consi being our left back and Reynolds being gash.