Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Summer transfer window

manc_don

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes... let's pish our available budget away immediately on randoms rather than taking the time to get the guys McInnes wants in. Solid plan

::)

This

Agreed ED,a lot of pant wetting across the boards.Only 10 days since McInnes confirmed he was staying,who may have had to change his targets since then.

And this.

I am not panicking yet, not like we're spunking cash we don't have on dodgy foreigners....

OK, lets look at this from, maybe, McLean's point of view.

He's a hun(?) he'll want to sign and have more cash (if they don't go broke), probably guaranteed Euro football, deffo more caps (cunts that the SFA put in charge will always be cunts regardless of who it is) and he'll get to spout pish in the Retard about history/massive club/ambition etc. (BTW all that guff makes me sick) so it's likely he'll be off there at somepoint, either directly from us or after a failed season at Birmingham (or farivver)

I'd rather not see him go (unless it's to make way for better replacements (and I'm not sure there are that many)) and I'd definitely not like him to go to the dead clumpany, but, at the end of the day, their money is as good as anyone else's when it comes to paying our players wages and/or transfer fees.

Like I say I'm not panicking, I trust that Dek knows what he's doing, I just wish wiggy had kept his trap shut as it obviously just upsets people fan he spiks shite.

I just don't want to see McLean walk away for free as McGinn and Jack have done. And we gave Flood away for free last year. Sad to say but McLean has done everything he can at Aberdeen. More money, more caps, and potentially more trophies elsewhere, plus doesn't help that he's just watched Hayes, McGinn, and Jack all leave. Cash in while we can and, to be honest, I'm not terrified if we face Rangers with Jack and McLean. As I've already said, Shinnie and Christie are better.

at the end of the day, their money is as good as anyone else's

They can't meet Norwich's asking price of £1.2m for Graham Dorrans which is in the ballpark of what I'd want for McLean. They keep offering less money payable in installments, and there's no way I'd be giving them fuckers credit terms.

If he has to go there, it's money up front or no deal. And even if they weren't insolvent, we shouldn't be helping our direct rivals better manage their budget while they take one of our best players.

If he has to go there, it's money up front or no deal. And even if they weren't insolvent, we shouldn't be helping our direct rivals better manage their budget while they take one of our best players.

Yes, I should have clarified, "......their money UP FRONT is as good.........."

I'm surprised we're still persevering with Maloney.  If it comes off, fair enough.  Just a shame Milne promised us signings by the end of last week, completely blown up in his face.  Really hope we manage to get a couple of signings confirmed early next week, all the feel good factor from learning DM et al have stayed appears to have evaporated.

I'm really intrigued to see how this all plays out. We've lost 1/3 of our starting 11 and DM had an easy get out. He chose to stay which, to me, has to mean he believes he'll get the players to make us better than we were with Hayes, McGinn etc. We were second across the board last season and I just cannot see DM settling, plus he did say players of the level of those who left would come in - really curious who that will be, I just don't see DM staying then settling for top 6 mediocrity only.

DM is his usual quiet self regarding transfers, just hope he produces the transfer goods, he's been average in the market at best.

Sun reporting we've won the race to sign Stewart on loan.  Would be pleased with that, although disappointing we can't get a permanent deal sorted.

Maloney to decide within the next 24 hours, and we're still in the hunt for May.  Hopefully he's more decisive than the prime-minister is.

Greg Stewart would be a good signing.

I see Michael Deviln's name is being thrown around on Twitter again, but I thought he was crocked until later in the year??

He had surgery a couple of weeks back for what is his second cruciate injury aged only 23. Out for the foreseeable future and would be totally pointless signing him at the minute.

We need a right sided central defender in asap. I suspect unfortunately that it will be Josh Meekings....tbh I'd prefer Taylor back ( has he found a club yet??). I know Chelsea sent Hector to Germany last season, he will never ever make the grade at Stamford Bridge......Cormack get yer hand in yer hipper and get him up here on loan again.

Here's one given the timing of the blue away top! Would you consider Michael O'Halleron or Andy Halliday given they've just been left out of Rangers euro squad and reportedly are being asked to train with the u20? Both creative wide players which we now badly need.

Let the abuse begin!

Here's one given the timing of the blue away top! Would you consider Michael O'Halleron or Andy Halliday given they've just been left out of Rangers euro squad and reportedly are being asked to train with the u20? Both creative wide players which we now badly need.

Let the abuse begin!

Halliday..... Jesus Christ no. Stereo typical Hun wank.

Halliday..... Jesus Christ no. Stereo typical Hun wank.

Quite. And he isn't a wide midfielder either, he's a stand in the middle of the park kicking anyone who he isn't too slow to catch, and that isn't many.

O'Halloran, I'm not so sure about. There might be a player there but it may just be that he's quick but no great ability to back that up.

Quite. And he isn't a wide midfielder either, he's a stand in the middle of the park kicking anyone who he isn't too slow to catch, and that isn't many.

O'Halloran, I'm not so sure about. There might be a player there but it may just be that he's quick but no great ability to back that up.

Ed and I were having the same debate earlier. I don't doubt he was a player but he chose the wrong option. Them instead of us. It said a lot of his character and frankly, we should be aging higher. Fuck both of them.