Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Summer transfer window

manc_don

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, of course defence is important to the team.  They need a new centre-half, but I always guessed that centre-halfs were easier to come by in the market.  A big lad with broad shoulders, commanding who can get to know Reynolds lets face it there are many of them around.  Plunk a unit in the centre of the defence and they can do the job.

Up front (centre forward) need a new force.  Rooney is gauranteed goals via tap ins, pens but he is absent and isolated so much during games.

V Rijeka (away) Rooney was a sub. He might also have been sub v Sociadad.  Cup Final v Celtic (Rooney was sub).  Goodwillie was pants at Aberdeen and he looked like his mind was elsewhere but the shear fact he was all over the place disrupted defenders.

I would make Rooney and Stockley compete with a new man up front. Steve May is a work horse and very good at free kicks and corners.

Agree with most of this. Said in January that our priority then should have been a striker (I think it was, but we couldn't get the targeted option - May).

I think O'Connor and Reynolds is no worse than Taylor and Reynolds and will do us for the vast majority of games. However, the need for backup is a definite. Again, we look to the youth and see little coming through in that regard. I don't believe McKenna will make the grade. I think thon Stranraer youngster we've supposedly signed and also Harvie can play full back if I'm nae mistaken? This gives us options for cover if we can't find any good backup in this window. Considine is confident enough to play either side of the back two, so can cover for either and then bring in one of the two youngsters into fullback as first cover. McKenna could see out his contract as secondary cover if we have two centre halves missing at the same time. I just think we'll struggle to find a good central defender that won't mind being benched for a lot of the season (but that could be O'Connor I suppose like it was last season).

Doesn't sound like a very good Korea move.

Agreed,the standard of football over theres pretty hongkong..

Heard,Mcginn had started training with us again,and was hopeful he might be tempted to stay,but maybe as Manc says he hasnt been offered a deal yet?

The May story sounds promising,but PNEs managers job is apparently under threat which may put a deal on hold..

Yeah Grayson has been given permission to talk to Sunderland, it could delay the deal.

But if May wants to go and the money is right, the club hierarchy might just let it go through, hopefully.

Let's hope so, plenty of their fucktard fans are saying "no, we paid way more for him, pay more etc...".

Would be great to get him signed up before the Euro deadline...

Him and Stewart on fire along with Rooney and Christie, we'll soon forget those who've left.

He has signed a 1 year deal but not passed medical yet.

Oh well in that case we'll wait for you to break the news, I won't believe it until it's in one of your posts  ::)

Cheers Leftside, brightened up my evening!  :thumbsup:

Cowdenbeath have announced that they've received a £3000 solidarity fee due to us signing Greg Stewart. Anyone able to figure out what we've paid from that?

Cowdenbeath FC?Verified account @CowdenbeathFC  2m2 minutes ago

More

Ex-Cowden star Greg Stewart has recently moved to Aberdeen on loan from Birmingham City. We therefore receive a solidarity payment of £3000.