Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Summer transfer window

manc_don

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

instead of waiting for May who will never come, why don't we take a punt on Sean Maguire from Cork City young guy 23 who banged in a lot of goals last year, can't be any worse than what we have

Well we know DM likes the irish, but he's not played in Scotland so he won't be interested.

instead of waiting for May who will never come, why don't we take a punt on Sean Maguire from Cork City young guy 23 who banged in a lot of goals last year, can't be any worse than what we have

He has already signed for Preston North End and joins at the end of July.

I see we're linked with Louis moult when the May deal falls through.  Didn't mind what I saw of Motherwell previously.

Good player. Would far rather him than May if honest. Could ditch Stockley too I'd think as Moult will do that job as well as being a good finisher, and not slow either.

Although both would be fine and ship Stockley and Storey.

don't know why we are wasting time May will never come, better off getting someone else now and give him time to settle in before the season starts. May is just a player who we will get linked to every transfer window if he really wanted to be here he would be asking his club to come instead nothing. instead we should be going for a centre half that the position we need to fill

don't know why we are wasting time May will never come, better off getting someone else now and give him time to settle in before the season starts. May is just a player who we will get linked to every transfer window if he really wanted to be here he would be asking his club to come instead nothing. instead we should be going for a centre half that the position we need to fill

I'd like to think we are already investigating all of those simultaneously.  Give it time.

I'd say the good news is that it's July 7 and we still haven't signed free agent Josh Meekings!

We're in a tough spot - if we target better players they're in more demand and can make more money elsewhere so it will take time. Or we go down the Ash Taylor, Wes Burns route of unknown English lower league players. I really want Stevie May, got a hunch he'll turn out well in the right situation, but we still need Preston to accept a bid and let him go regardless of what we or May want. No harm in waiting for him when Rooney and Stockley will still do an acceptable job. Likewise with Maloney, we still have Christie, Wright, and Stewart who are solid players there. Even in central defense we've got Reynolds and O'Connor so while I want multiple quality signings made yesterday we've got time, have a decent 11, and unfortunately have to be patient. The farce is European football at this time which doesn't suit the transfer window.

The flip side is we blow our wad on endless foreign unknowns who'll jump at the chance of joining us and have no immediate team chemistry and get pumped in Europe!

Hope we can at least strengthen the back line before the euro game deadline

Really? We've got a pretty steady back four in Considine, Reynolds, O'Connor and Logan. In fact, given O'Connor is a better footballer than Taylor (and was more of an attacking threat last season), I'd say it was the one area of the pitch where our first 11 hasn't really been weakened.

The lack of replacement for Hayes is the main troubling factor for me. He has been a huge loss in previous seasons when he's missed a game or two.