Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Summer transfer window

manc_don

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to wonder why we put in an offer of £250k on Motherwell's top scorer.  I get he's only got a year left and we probably don't want to be seen to flash the cash, but that was never going to get taken.  Are we really interested? If I was a 'Well fan i'd be raging at the miserly offer.

You have to wonder why we put in an offer of £250k on Motherwell's top scorer.  I get he's only got a year left and we probably don't want to be seen to flash the cash, but that was never going to get taken.  Are we really interested? If I was a 'Well fan i'd be raging at the miserly offer.

If we are really serious we offer 300k which will also be rejected and they will bite at 350k. However now its known we are interested I'd expect a couple of other clubs to enter the fray. Hibs have cash to burn after flogging Cummings...

If we are really serious we offer 300k which will also be rejected and they will bite at 350k. However now its known we are interested I'd expect a couple of other clubs to enter the fray. Hibs have cash to burn after flogging Cummings...

Aye, just seems odd to me.  If it was being quote as being £500k in the first place, they're not going to accept £250k.  I think I would prefer Moult to May if i'm honest.  Bar one season, May has done fuck all.  Then this calls into question why Maynard was brought in.

I'd say Maynard is at best our third choice striker behind Rooney and Stockley, assuming Stewart and Storey (if he says) will be deployed wide. We needed depth in place for the euro deadline and we have him for a year or less until we sign a better option, like a May or Moult. I'd also say the offer for Moult is kinda like the Tansey offer from a year or so ago, stating we clearly want him and maybe in 6 months he signs a pre-contract? Maynard is out of contract now and it's a 1 year deal, have to assume he's cheap. If he ends up better than expected then bonus.

Didn't want us to spend a lot on another main striker. Rooney has his flaws but he scores goals and I like Stockley as an alternative option. I'd rather we spent our money on more pressing issues, a winger, a central holding mid, and a central defender.

I'd also say the offer for Moult is kinda like the Tansey offer from a year or so ago, stating we clearly want him and maybe in 6 months he signs a pre-contract?

Hope not. He'll get snapped up by der hun if he has another good season. Nobody apart from McInnes wanted Tansey, so there was little risk of not getting him. Probably now or never for Moult, but hope we are just trying to break Motherwell down a bit and get him on the cheap.

I'd say Maynard is at best our third choice striker behind Rooney and Stockley, assuming Stewart and Storey (if he says) will be deployed wide. We needed depth in place for the euro deadline and we have him for a year or less until we sign a better option, like a May or Moult. I'd also say the offer for Moult is kinda like the Tansey offer from a year or so ago, stating we clearly want him and maybe in 6 months he signs a pre-contract? Maynard is out of contract now and it's a 1 year deal, have to assume he's cheap. If he ends up better than expected then bonus.

Didn't want us to spend a lot on another main striker. Rooney has his flaws but he scores goals and I like Stockley as an alternative option. I'd rather we spent our money on more pressing issues, a winger, a central holding mid, and a central defender.

He offers something different to Stockley and is "better" (if he still has "it"). Some might suggest he is better than Rooney too. Offers more all round play and at one stage had the ability to equal Rooney's scoring. Whether he still has that..

Fuck Knows.

At one point he was thee next big thing out of Crewe's youth production line.

Everybody thought with the move to City he'd make it.

He  has one last chance.

Aye, he may or maynard make it up here.

...but likely means our bid to nick Stevie Maynard be happenning            ....:redface:

Aye,Harry is John souttars brother.If the Moult bid is true,I would have thought that figure(400k) wasnt far from his value personally,with a year? left on his contract

looks like my avatar has left under freedom of contract 

Bit of chatter about Williamson now too, ex newcastle defender.  Seems to be a bit of confussion whether the bid was £250k or £400k for Moult.  Wouldn't want to go much higher than that although it might be the difference for Motherwell to staying in the league or not.

May deal officially dead it would seem:

Alex Neil on Stevie May: "He's someone I want to keep. He's a valuable member of the squad. Didn't get game time last season and I've told him I want him around to get him back to the levels I know he's able to reach. He's not a player I want to lose"

Motherwell playing hardball over Moult it seems, probably knowing fine well how much we reportedly received for Hayes. Twitter seems to think we are in talks with ex Liverpool midfielder Jay Spearing who was at Bolton. :dunno:

Spearing...aye right. He was reportedly one of Boltons highest earners. If he signs for us I'll get his face tattood on my right bollock.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/15397848.Wanderers_sever_ties_with_ex_captain_Spearing/