Summer transfer window

manc_don

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard loon.

Hopefully this means McLean's away.

McLean announced he'd be staying now that you'd renewed your season ticket. The motivation of proving himself to you was something he felt couldn't be ignored.

Anyway, GMS is a totally different type of player, McLean will be staying put.

Welcome aboard Gary, despite yer poofy double-barreled bollocks. Hopefully you'll show some of the inconsistency you had at Utd that made Delia randomly sign you.

According to Agent Scotland, we're after this guy:

Lewin-Nyatanga_2736497.jpg

Lewin Nyatanga, who amusingly, Northampton signed Taylor as a replacement.

Also, according to Tyrone STV, DM has confirmed that we wont be offering Susac a deal.

Decent enough pedigree.

Was only at Northampton on loan

34 caps for Wales, but can't honestly say I have heard of him

Much like Greg Stewart, GMS has talent. I do think McInnes and Docherty get the best out of players and I see both doing well, pretty pleasing couple of days with the Shay announcement too.

As I said on Facebook, based on the bullshit rumors, jay spearing and Michael hector would complete our summer business nicely! Not happening I know, the welsh defender sounds intriguing.

As for a 2 year deal, pretty sure that's what Shay (after the loan) and Joe started on. Have some faith!

When I worked in Dundee, a colleague of mine came back in the office after lunch one day c2014 and asked, "is there a Dundee United player called Gary Mackay-Steven?" "Yes, yes there is". "Is this him?" She's got a picture of GMS sitting in a car at Asdas on the Kingsway. It's him alright. "He was sitting eating grated cheese straight out of the bag."

Sadly I don't have the picture myself, but it is one of my favourite footballer anecdotes.

Welcome Gary!

When I worked in Dundee, a colleague of mine came back in the office after lunch one day c2014 and asked, "is there a Dundee United player called Gary Mackay-Steven?" "Yes, yes there is". "Is this him?" She's got a picture of GMS sitting in a car at Asdas on the Kingsway. It's him alright. "He was sitting eating grated cheese straight out of the bag."

Sadly I don't have the picture myself, but it is one of my favourite footballer anecdotes.

Welcome Gary!

I heard a similar quote the last time we signed a promising Utd youngster. "Is there a Dundee Utd player called David Goodwille......". Anyway, there was a different ending to that story.

Was there not talk of McInnes being after him before he went to the Tims? Or being suggested we were away to offer him a pre-contract?

Regardless, hopefully he does well and can resurrect his career here.

He's a dandy too isn't he?

If so that's half the battle there. Although it never did Mackie any good.

GMS is our new Niall McGinn. Confidence player, needs a manager who believes in him, and when he finds his form I think he'll be a great signing.

A proper central defender needs to be added asap, and I think we've maybe got a team again.  :smile:

In DM's gms signing presser with red tv  he talked up Scott Wright a bit. He implied that wright was replacing McGinn in the team.

If Maloney successfully gets over his injury and signs then I will really be quite liking the look of our front line. In terms of options it's already far more voluminous than last season.

In an ideal world I would like three more players. Centre half, versatile fb and a solid holding midfielder in the bisconti/heikkinen mould but I've been wanting that for about 6  windows now.

So basically we seem to have traded Hayes for GMS + Christie + (probably) £0.8-1M?

Can't argue with that.

Read somewhere the fee was 150k but that sounds low. Plus DM said the Hayes money helped with new deals for Shay and Joe. So, I think you can say it was Hayes for GMS, Christie, better deals for Lewis and Logan, plus extra money in the bank. I'm good with this! Hopefully we use the remaining funds for a quality defender.

I Kane where abouts GMS lives - either that or its his girlfriends flat. Seen him several times when running back from the gym. 

Christ that sounds like you are going to put his windows in if he has a bad game.  I think he will do well for us and it is great to see a picture on the Aberdeen Homepage of a player who looks really happy to be here and not someone locked in a cupboard looking depressed

Genuinely impressed with this signing. Yes, I've definitely thought he never seemed to rise to the challenge at Celtic, but maybe he just needed the right manager. Club deserve a lot of credit here, fingers crossed we can get moult and a right sided centre half and we'll be laughing.

Christ that sounds like you are going to put his windows in if he has a bad game.  I think he will do well for us and it is great to see a picture on the Aberdeen Homepage of a player who looks really happy to be here and not someone locked in a cupboard looking depressed

Not at all.  Wouldn't dream of it - defeats are part of being a fan.

Near Tynecastle in a certain location I've seen him. Its either his or his girlfriends house.

And he has just had one of those fancy hair transplants done!

I'm a bit "meh" about this signing but hoping he proves me wrong.  I've always thought he was a fairy who had skill, but it didn't come out enough, mainly due to him being a fairy.

It does mean we're even more top heavy now so you'd expect at least one to leave, possibly two if Moult comes in.  Storey and ....?