Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Summer transfer window

manc_don

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he not just been signed by some german mob?

He left them in June, going by this

http://www.chemnitzerfc.de/cfc/aktuell/neuigkeiten/detailansicht/article//berkay-dabanli-verl.html?cHash=974f7c7bc258eabf9d30ebcac189ac0b

Berkay Dabanli leaves Chemnitzer FC

The Chemnitzer FC and Berkay Dabanli start from 01.07.17 separate ways. The defensive player has rejected the new, clearly improved, contract offer of the club.

Berkay Dabanli's contract at Chemnitzer FC will thus expire on June 30, 2017.

The Chemnitzer FC expressly thanks Berkay Dabanli for the achievements of the Himmelblauen and wishes him all the best for his sporting and personal future.

Have heard worse suggestions.

Thing is Douglas appears to be one of these footballers that seems to be happy travelling around Europe playing his football, learning new languages and experiemcing different cultures going by an article I read online about him a few weeks back. Added to that, think he is under contract currently in Turkey and not sure what kind of fee he would command  ???

Wolves apparently after him with a potential fee of £750k

Top priority for me now would be a confidence builder C/B,and spend whatevers left on the other areas

Would be happy taking a chance with either Maloney or May,but not both.

Poaching a few more knocking on the first team door youngsters wouldna go amiss either,preferably over 7 stone.... :P 

Apparently the huns offered us £300k for McLean. Anyone know if there is any truth in that figure? Laughable at best if it's true. Skint pauper bastards

That's the figure being quoted on hun boards. Its not a genuine offer its a signal to McLean that they are interested in an effort to unsettle him. Expect an increase to £350k in next few days with the intention of forcing McLean into putting in a transfer request. I'm already resigned to the fact we are going to lose him shortly I just don't want it to be to those sevconian cunts. Hopefully a Championship club like Leeds or Villa pony up a decent offer (800k or so) that we can accept and use to find a decent replacement.

Worst case scenario is that he stays to see out his contract and does a Jack...

Key this season is that centre forward role. The Rooney \ Stockley position.

Both Rooney and Stockley can be sub's - need a new robust busy figure up front as Rooney can be a passenger but offers a great deal for last 20 mins.

No, Key is defence. A Reynolds/O'Connor partnership is a stop gap, but not a solution, and if one of them gets injured or suspended which will invariably happen quite quickly into the season then who takes over? Switch Consi to CB and move Shinnie back to LB?

No, Key is defence. A Reynolds/O'Connor partnership is a stop gap, but not a solution, and if one of them gets injured or suspended which will invariably happen quite quickly into the season then who takes over? Switch Consi to CB and move Shinnie back to LB?

CB is one of the most important positions we need to sort out. Ideally we'd get two, one left and one right sided but I think i'd probably prefer a right sided player.

CB is one of the most important positions we need to sort out. Ideally we'd get two, one left and one right sided but I think i'd probably prefer a right sided player.

Yes, of course defence is important to the team.  They need a new centre-half, but I always guessed that centre-halfs were easier to come by in the market.  A big lad with broad shoulders, commanding who can get to know Reynolds lets face it there are many of them around.  Plunk a unit in the centre of the defence and they can do the job.

Up front (centre forward) need a new force.  Rooney is gauranteed goals via tap ins, pens but he is absent and isolated so much during games.

V Rijeka (away) Rooney was a sub. He might also have been sub v Sociadad.  Cup Final v Celtic (Rooney was sub).  Goodwillie was pants at Aberdeen and he looked like his mind was elsewhere but the shear fact he was all over the place disrupted defenders.

I would make Rooney and Stockley compete with a new man up front. Steve May is a work horse and very good at free kicks and corners.