Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

Scotland squad

Nips_and_Tatties

I have not been this nervous about a Scotland game for a long time. Really hoping we do not freeze as if we are not at the top our game then this German side could really punish us. 

I hope Clarke goes with McCrorie instead of Ralston at right back as McCrorie is the better defender. We need  McTominay to be fit to play. 

Germans I have spoken to all expect to win tomorrow although they think there keeper is an issue and we might score. 

Every where you go in Germany you seem to bump into Scots. I am in Augsburg just now and every corner you turn there are Scots. Pubs were bouncing last night. Anyway this the Rathaus in Augsburg to prove I did the tourist things as well yesterday.

85819058-7A07-427E-B684-2043A52C085B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jute said:

I have not been this nervous about a Scotland game for a long time. Really hoping we do not freeze as if we are not at the top our game then this German side could really punish us. 

I hope Clarke goes with McCrorie instead of Ralston at right back as McCrorie is the better defender. We need  McTominay to be fit to play. 

Germans I have spoken to all expect to win tomorrow although they think there keeper is an issue and we might score. 

Every where you go in Germany you seem to bump into Scots. I am in Augsburg just now and every corner you turn there are Scots. Pubs were bouncing last night. Anyway this the Rathaus in Augsburg to prove I did the tourist things as well yesterday.

I've heard the place is full of Huns.

I think Ralston had a good second half the other night and probably shades it over McRorie for wing back. It's a weak area either way. As is our right side more generally, depending on who's selected. I think he'll put Hanley through the middle with Hendry right, but I'd go Hendry in centre with Porteous right (I'd actually have McKenna over Hendry, but that's very unlikely).

Agreed on McKenna over Hendry and also that Clarke won’t go with that. 

At right back just think McCrorie offers more defensively than Ralston which might be more important tonight than offensively. 

3 hours ago, Jute said:

Library pictures pal 😉 have serious fucking fomo from watching all the videos and seeing the photos. Cunts. Good news is that the game is on council tv here, HWFG

The signs were there with the results we’ve had of late. We’re not a back 3 team now. We were good a year or two back with a fit and healthy Hanley and or cooper with hickey or Patterson at right wing back,  we’re a different team now, have no reliable/solid middle back 3 defender, and Clarke didn’t plan for it or create a plan B.

we have half a dozen or so players good enough for the championships here and the rest aren’t fit or good enough. Unfortunate that our better players all play the same positions. Getting pumped maybe plays to our advantage though, lowers expectation, teams underestimate us, and we come out more fired up in the next 2 to prove we’re not pish!

the goal difference got fucked today too, I assume that affects the third placed finish for the 4 3rd placed teams advancing.

Aye, a weird setup tonight. Unlike Clarke to massively overthink it and fuck it up quite so badly. I don't know what he was thinking playing that flat four in midfield, it was ridiculously simple to play through. McGregor and Gilmour sitting, McGinn, McTominay or Christie ahead. It's fairly simple. I don't think McTominay was bad tonight, but his best games have been further forward and leaving others to do the concentration and workrate. He seems to unsettle the others when he plays there. 

McGinn looked fucked, just like he has in the friendlies. Adams poor. Ralston more out of his depth than O'Donnell ever was. Porteous was probably unfortunate to be missing the rest of the tournament, I just think he threw himself in to prevent the certain goal and didn't sort his feet out. Obviously, a red, just don't think it was malicious - a culmination of multiple errors on the way, leaving him to put in the last ditch. 

At least we know what the Germans are all about when we face them in the final.

Well that was pish glad I had one of the cheap tickets. Wrong set up and team selection from the off and gave them to much time and space. Then Porteous did what Porteous does.

We were fucked from the outset and our recent form has just been exposed. Absolutely shite from front to the back, a lot of pretenders and imposters out there. As good as the Germans were, we were horrendous, I genuinely can’t recall a moment of positivity, other than the final whistle? Thank fuck this guy didn’t become our manager. 

also, I don’t buy into this let’s have a sing song and dance whilst we’re being pumped. It’s shite. Needless to say, it was a fucking shite start to my day on a hangover 😂

That’s two BBC interviews in a row where Steve Clarke has come across quite confrontational and also particularly dour (more than usual!), it doesn’t inspire IMHO.  Eilidh Barbour asked nothing out of the ordinary or controversial in either interview  

Hopefully the team do their talking on the pitch.