Saturday 19th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Celtic v Aberdeen

Scotland squad

Nips_and_Tatties

16 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Nicky Devlin is fucking ace. Better than that Ralston pish. 

Interested to see Irving. Always thought Lindsay was a decent defender, but likely not international class, be interesting to see how he's matured. 

No place for Keskinen again, which is disappointing.

We were heavily linked with Lindsay back in his Partick days.

I like Devlin and has been a decent acquisition for us and rarely lets us down. I just don't see him being up to international level, but will delighted to be proved wrong.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wee toon red said:

Consi did fine in his Scotland appearances so hopefully Devlin can do similar if he gets on the pitch.

Devlin will stroll it. Probably get a couple of goals.

Edit: he's not even the first Devlin at the Dons to be called up under Clarke, so there's no pressure.

Edited by RicoS321

3 hours ago, wee toon red said:

Consi did fine in his Scotland appearances so hopefully Devlin can do similar if he gets on the pitch.

I should have said, too, that Clarke has been great for picking players playing in Scotland. There's no way on earth Strachan would be picking players like Devlin and Considine. I think it gives such a good account of the league to see players that are making the step up. If our goalie is good enough for Bulgaria then there's no reason we shouldn't have players from our team and the wider SPFL in the team. With Ralston only starting one game in the league cup, not featuring in the league since August, Devlin should be starting.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Thoroughly deserved…now sign the contract…

Think he needs to be offered one first.

Last article I saw said talks on going but no mention that a contract had been offered. 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

That back heel on its own was worthy of a call up. Fantastic. The Premiership lads can provide the spine of the team, the Dons do the width. I hope McGrath and Keskinen have their phones turned on.

image.gif.24333dde97116b8afae27188fa56180f.gif

Joking aside must be a while since we had as many players called up for their respective national sides. 

9 minutes ago, Jute said:

Surprised by that as not thought he has looked up to speed yet. 

Yep, doesn't look fit. I'd rather he was training with the club if I'm honest, but I guess our squad full of internationals will all be away anyway. 

10 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Yep, doesn't look fit. I'd rather he was training with the club if I'm honest, but I guess our squad full of internationals will all be away anyway. 

Listening to JTs interview the other day he talked about a few days off. Agree Nisbet doesn’t look fit but now he’s training and trying to prove himself to Clarke, not bad for us if that’s his days off!

BBC: "Nisbet joins Aberdeen teammates Nicky Devlin and Jack MacKenzie in the squad, while Shankland's withdrawal - after he missed training on Tuesday - adds to an ever-growing injury list."

Shankland emotionally bruised after the mental battering the Red Army gave him on Sunday #pies

From a Scotland perspective, it's not good, as Shankland was by some distance the better of the two at the weekend. Neither are good enough at present, but those are the options. Hopefully he gets a few good days training, with a two minute cameo and winning goal at Hampden. 

Edit: I say at Hampden, because Devlin's hattrick will have sunk the Croats long before Nisbet is required.

Edited by RicoS321

Looks like the games are going to be live on viaplay YouTube. Good stuff. Doesn't appear to be the fault of the SFA, but someone has made a right cunt of the TV rights for the nation's league games. Worked out nicely that they're free to air.

• Like 2

2-0 defeat. Very negative set up from start and looked like we were playing for a draw as that kept us ahead in group. Just kept getting deeper and deeper as game went on and it was only a question of when Belgium would score. Jack Milne got on at the end after game was already lost. Didn’t play anywhere near as we did last month against Spain.