Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

FC Bayern München v Aberdeen FC

Mackie's ace!

This was something I had been chatting to london scottish about after the game. I don't buy that excuse. How many games have they played extra in europe? Its not like we've been playing or trying to play teams off the park this season. They haven't looked interested, so in that, I would say that they haven't exerted any energy, why be tired?  :P

But I do agree, i'm glad we're out, though I think I'd rather be out of the scottish cup than the league, opportunity to play at hampden and win a trophy was so appealing to me. But oh well, beggers can't be choosers and all that. Now come on Aberdeen and lets get this league form sorted, if we're going to play in the champs league against bayern next season we need to start ticking  :thumbsup:

Totally agree, if we can't turn things around now considering we are out of the comp that i think was holding the players back it must be down to calderwood, i expect alot more hate to come calderwoods way if we don't stop conceeding silly goal from free kicks and throwing away matches.

Totally agree, if we can't turn things around now considering we are out of the comp that i think was holding the players back it must be down to calderwood, i expect alot more hate to come calderwoods way if we don't stop conceeding silly goal from free kicks and throwing away matches.

Did you really expect us to beat a team when our attacking ability came from people like Mackie, Miller, two 18 year olds, Nicholson, Severin (questionable) and they had Toni, Podolski, Klose, etc?? ??? I'd have love to have won, but at the end of the day it was never going to happen at the Allianz, I'm just glad they got us a draw at the home game for us to be proud of our achievements this season.

Did you really expect us to beat a team when our attacking ability came from people like Mackie, Miller, two 18 year olds, Nicholson, Severin (questionable) and they had Toni, Podolski, Klose, etc?? ??? I'd have love to have won, but at the end of the day it was never going to happen at the Allianz, I'm just glad they got us a draw at the home game for us to be proud of our achievements this season.

Never expected anything out of the away leg, always a chance mind but reckon they still had abit to step up if we did trouble them, if Mackie had taken his chance and even if his goal wasna off side i reckon the game would have changed in our favour then and got the Germans worried.

Too right, we've enjoyed a good result against a Bayern team full of stars. What makes me even happier is that Toni still didn't score against us  ;D  and he's still a cunt!  :thumbsup:  I'm sure minijc was talking about away games in the league, rather than Uefa, but as you said, we can be proud and safely say we're unbeaten against bayern at home  :thumbsup:

It would be nice if they could score in Scotland against the, comparitively, crappy likes of Killie, Falkirk, Gretna, St Mirren, DundeeU, Motherwell..... Is that really too big an ask?

Obviously we all know now Lovell can "score" ::)