Saturday 14th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Aberdeen v Motherwell

SC - Dons - Caravan dwellers

manc_don

So what’s the consensus on woodman? Is he shaky or is he just playing with a defence that’s all over the shop? He doesn’t look overly confident, although I did see him make a decent stop from McKenna? In the second half which prevented the third.

Was not impressed. Kicking is poor and does not seem to command his box. Cannot see that he is any better than Rogers. Not helped by a very poor defence in front of him. O'Connor is awful. We surely have better than him.

If we play like we did in the second half today in our next 2 league games then we could be in for a couple of doings.

Keeper looks average at best.

We actually got 10-15 minutes play out of McLean today but he was woeful the rest of the time.

Dominic Ball would struggle to get into the United team, I hope we never have to see him in a red shirt again.

I'm more likely to score than Maynard is.

O'Connor can't be in our defence next season, especially since we will probably cash in on McKenna

We were still miles too good for a very poor United side.

Though Woodman was a liability. Should have been off his line quicker for the first, gave the united boy far to big a target to hit. Then he nearly gifts them a goal by coming for a ball O'Connor had, instead he should have been dropping to provide O'Connor with an angle to play the ball out of danger. The second goal he was off balance resulting in him having to adjust his feet before going for the save, if he'd been able to spring immediately he'd have got to the ball.

Fuck knows why McInnes didn't make subs at about the hour mark?

Though Woodman was a liability. Should have been off his line quicker for the first, gave the united boy far to big a target to hit. Then he nearly gifts them a goal by coming for a ball O'Connor had, instead he should have been dropping to provide O'Connor with an angle to play the ball out of danger. The second goal he was off balance resulting in him having to adjust his feet before going for the save, if he'd been able to spring immediately he'd have got to the ball.

Fuck knows why McInnes didn't make subs at about the hour mark?

Possibly a little harsh on the second goal, but I agree with the rest. Shaky at best, and will never make it in England with that level of kicking ability. I wasn't sure about Rogers after the County game where he was culpable for their second and looked quite ropey, but he doesn't seem any worse than Woodman. I understand why McInnes attempted to address the problem though, so I'm not going to blame him.

In terms of subs, it was strange. I can only assume he was also aware of how gash our bench was.

Woodman was fantastic when on loan at Kilmarnock. Agree his kicking has been very poor so far, don't think he could be blamed for either of the goals though, first one was just rank bad play from AOC and the second Logan stands off his man inviting the shot which duly came and nestled in the net. DM clearly doesn't rate Rodgers and I have no doubt he will be offski in the close season.

Woodman was fantastic when on loan at Kilmarnock. Agree his kicking has been very poor so far, don't think he could be blamed for either of the goals though, first one was just rank bad play from AOC and the second Logan stands off his man inviting the shot which duly came and nestled in the net. DM clearly doesn't rate Rodgers and I have no doubt he will be offski in the close season.

While I thought OConnor had a poor game I’d be more inclined to blame Considine for the first goal. The ball is on the right and McKenna steps up. At that point Considine should be pinching in to provide cover. Instead he’s miles away hence the huge hole. OConnor is to the right of McKenna as he should be but has no pace to get back but I still think it wasn’t so much is fault.

For what it’s worth, neither keeper has impressed.

I have an overwhelming compunction to interrupt my working day to have a rant or spik some utter shite and you poor bastards are getting it. I have previous for ranting and shit-spikkin so be warned...

Actually, there's nothing really to add. Woodman hasn't done enough in two games for us to properly judge, just as Rogers in 90 minutes is also an unknown quantity. There are three reasons why I'm not confident in Woodman, well four actually since TC is saying that he was "fantastic" at Killie and most of what he posts fitba-wise, I struggle to agree with.

Firstly, he looks like a bit of a faggot. A bit of a weakling, lacking in personality and not able to stamp his authority on a situation.

Secondly, I'm a big fan of youth and throwing cunts into the deep end to see if they can sink or swim so I would far rather have played Rogers but I guess with the injury happening in a window, I can understand the need to take in additional cover, just in case Rogers wasn't up to the job. But they see him every day in training so why pay his wages if we didn't think he could do the job?

Thirdly, I have zero faith that McInnes understands goalkeeping. For 3 reasons. If he did, he wouldn't have taken Leighton back (after McGoo binned him, although is was probably GWT who took him back and maybe McInnes binned him later - I've no idea if he's still actually on our payroll, they've got so many of the cunts on the wagebill), he wouldn't have played Clangers and he wouldn't have played Brown.

But goalkeeping is the least of our worries.

I have an overwhelming compunction to interrupt my working day to have a rant or spik some utter shite and you poor bastards are getting it. I have previous for ranting and shit-spikkin so be warned...

Actually, there's nothing really to add. Woodman hasn't done enough in two games for us to properly judge, just as Rogers in 90 minutes is also an unknown quantity. There are three reasons why I'm not confident in Woodman, well four actually since TC is saying that he was "fantastic" at Killie and most of what he posts fitba-wise, I struggle to agree with.

Firstly, he looks like a bit of a faggot. A bit of a weakling, lacking in personality and not able to stamp his authority on a situation.

Secondly, I'm a big fan of youth and throwing cunts into the deep end to see if they can sink or swim so I would far rather have played Rogers but I guess with the injury happening in a window, I can understand the need to take in additional cover, just in case Rogers wasn't up to the job. But they see him every day in training so why pay his wages if we didn't think he could do the job?

Thirdly, I have zero faith that McInnes understands goalkeeping. For 3 reasons. If he did, he wouldn't have taken Leighton back (after McGoo binned him, although is was probably GWT who took him back and maybe McInnes binned him later - I've no idea if he's still actually on our payroll, they've got so many of the cunts on the wagebill), he wouldn't have played Clangers and he wouldn't have played Brown.

But goalkeeping is the least of our worries.

Rocket it was Pa Broon who brought back Leighton and DM binned him for Gordon Marshall fairly early on in his tenure.  I would say he's partially made up for his keeper errors in the past by recognising and getting the likes of Ward and Lewis but at the moment though it's not looking so rosy.

Its very hard to not agree with you that Woodman looks a bit of a wussy, kind of got a bit of a gms quality about him in that regard.  Still it's not like Newcastle would have been a fun place to be the past wee while to be fair, it may take him time to settle as a result but overall I'm a bit meh about both him and Rogers after the county game. From what i saw yesterday I think I would have prefered to stick with our own man though I'm not sure he would have done any better. 

While I thought OConnor had a poor game I’d be more inclined to blame Considine for the first goal. The ball is on the right and McKenna steps up. At that point Considine should be pinching in to provide cover. Instead he’s miles away hence the huge hole. OConnor is to the right of McKenna as he should be but has no pace to get back but I still think it wasn’t so much is fault.

I'd blame both centre backs before I'd blame Consi for that one. O'Connor gave the ball away and was too slow to get back into positioning. Knowing his mate was out of position, McKenna should've stood off his man rather than getting too tight and leaving a massive space for Stanton to run into. Shinnie also wasn't too great, although Stanton did take a great first touch to take him out the game.

I'd blame both centre backs before I'd blame Consi for that one. O'Connor gave the ball away and was too slow to get back into positioning. Knowing his mate was out of position, McKenna should've stood off his man rather than getting too tight and leaving a massive space for Stanton to run into. Shinnie also wasn't too great, although Stanton did take a great first touch to take him out the game.

McKenna marked his man tight and went with him, that’s his job. Give the forward time to control and turn he’s 1 on 1 with McKenna and has control, not a situation you put a forward in if you’re a defender. Given the position on the field, when this happened your left back has to pinch in. Considine was way out of position. Defending 101, when a central defender steps up those on either side squeeze in. O’Connor was there, just slow, considine was miles away.