Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Summer Transfer chat

manc_don

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Twitter:

Aberdeen have allegedly offered Doncaster £500K for striker John Marquis.

Scotsman reporting bid has been rejected along with one from Peterborough for £750k. Suspect the second bid puts us out of the running.

Had him on loan at Cheltenham. Like Goldson in the relegation season, unlike Goldson if he hadn’t got injured and we’d kept him I think we might have stayed up. Goal scorer. But not sure he’s worth  £500k plus Grant McCann is a massive hun.

Interesting one that we have apparently upped it to a 600k offer if you believe the media, and it includes a player (assume Tansey.) Such an important needed position for us and a lot of money for a player I’d never heard of.

A lot of money to be offering for a League 2 player, really surprised we are/have offered that amount t.b.h !  Should we not cast our net a wee bit further from the over inflated English Leagues ? 

Presume, we have watched him previously & if so , worth splashing that kind of cash on :eek:

Saying that, i feel we badly need a striker. Could we not get Moult for that kind of money ?

Id say we more urgently require full back cover, especially with Logan suspended for the sevco game. We should be offering 'Well 300k for Cadden (expect them to bite for 50-100k more) who will be Logan's long term replacement  and then look to add to the striking department.

Id say we more urgently require full back cover, especially with Logan suspended for the sevco game. We should be offering 'Well 300k for Cadden (expect them to bite for 50-100k more) who will be Logan's long term replacement  and then look to add to the striking department.

The same Cadden who those in englandshire are allegedly bidding £500k for against Motherwells £1mill valuation?

He has a year left on his contract....if an English club from the upper reaches of League 1 or possibly lower Championship (if he's very lucky) want to cough up northwards of £500k then good luck to them.

Of course he could choose to sit it out another year and leave on freedom of contract....'Well get sweet fa except a possible development fee. So surely we have to at least ask the question. Nothing lost if it doesn't come off.

Folk at DNA q&a say that McInnes confirmed only two more players being targeted a defender and a striker. Also mentioned that they are hoping to extend scouting beyond English lower leagues going forward.

It would be nice to get a foreign player or two, providing they were the right ones of course. Given our recent record, I wouldn’t hold out much hope for us to hit gold. That being said, this summer, those we signed certainly seem to fit the bill. Do the current signings mean shinnie goes back to left back or do they play in a different position?

It would be nice to get a foreign player or two, providing they were the right ones of course. Given our recent record, I wouldn’t hold out much hope for us to hit gold. That being said, this summer, those we signed certainly seem to fit the bill. Do the current signings mean shinnie goes back to left back or do they play in a different position?

I’d be surprised if the kid Ferguson from Hamilton is a regular starter. I’m assuming Forrester replaces Christie and Gleason holds alongside Shinnie. Hoping we sign a left back and Higuain up top.

I’d be surprised if the kid Ferguson from Hamilton is a regular starter. I’m assuming Forrester replaces Christie and Gleason holds alongside Shinnie. Hoping we sign a left back and Higuain up top.

Never really rated higuain, goes missing in the big games, but I guess we do need to top our bottling quota  :D

If that’s the case, then I hope we do sign a left back, but as I’ve said before, I’d rather shinnie In that position. Appears to get less bookings back there.

I think any defender will be right sided to cover Logan and Devlin. Logan is already missing first 2 league games due to suspension and with Devlin’s injury record there is no guarantee he can play a full season.

I think any defender will be right sided to cover Logan and Devlin. Logan is already missing first 2 league games due to suspension and with Devlin’s injury record there is no guarantee he can play a full season.

Would make sense. I'd completely forgotten about his suspension. Conveniently timed fixture.