Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Summer Transfer chat

manc_don

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also add that as good as joe is he has a mistake in him from time to time. Ward never really put a foot wrong and I think he will go on to be a very successful goalie.  Woodman I have no idea, didn't see enough of him to make a real judgement. 

Re Wright from an earlier post I think he has to be given a real chance this season and touch wood he will take it. Hopefully the competition will spur gms on too. I was pondering whilst walking the dog earlier that perhaps McKenna's successful introduction to thw squad and the manner of his introduction (after the 3-0 qf horsing to mwell) has given DM a bit more confidence in giving youth a chance.

As I recall he was put his foot wrong on a few occasions but had luck on his side. He had a tendency to parry shots into dangerous positions instead of away for a corner or at least away from the goal with enough pace to allow time to regroup. That type of mistake gave away the killer away goal to Kairat Almaty.

But he was young and making those mistakes is what you need to do to get better and I reckon Schemichel Jr will be looking over his shoulder with a bit of concern. A potential win win situation for leicester, Denmark & Wales.

As I recall he was put his foot wrong on a few occasions but had luck on his side. He had a tendency to parry shots into dangerous positions instead of away for a corner or at least away from the goal with enough pace to allow time to regroup. That type of mistake gave away the killer away goal to Kairat Almaty.

But he was young and making those mistakes is what you need to do to get better and I reckon Schemichel Jr will be looking over his shoulder with a bit of concern. A potential win win situation for leicester, Denmark & Wales.

Ward did have a nasty habit of putting the ball back into play when parrying it.

I don't think he'll push Schmeichal that close to be honest. An experienced, title winning keeper who seems to be getting better, it will be hard for Ward to get past him this season.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Schmeichel surely offski. Unlikely Leicester would be paying that kind of fee for a backup  ???

So the Sun has us going in for Moult in a loan deal & the Record has us after McQueen.

Would love to see Moult here, should we not break the bank & try for a permanent though ?

Liking the look of all our signings so far though, with young Lewis Ferguson (in particular) looking like one for now & not the future :thumbsup:

Rangers should battle Aberdeen to land ex-Motherwell striker Louis Moult says Michael Stewart.Speaking on BT Sport, Michael Stewart and fellow pundits Stephen Craigan and Chris Sutton discussed the Gers squad for the coming season.Former Hearts and Hibs star Stewart was then asked his opinion on Fir Park favourite Moult. He replied: “There has been a lot of talk about Aberdeen and potentially Louis Moult.,“When you are looking at that level of investment then he’s definitely going to be an improvement to the squad at Rangers.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2965235/rangers-aberdeen-motherwell-louis-moult-michael-stewart/#comments

My respect for Stewart has now gone straight out the window with that little statement.

Sevco are in last chance saloon and spending money they do not have for players in the hope of qualifying for the group stages of Europe and winning the Scottish Premiership title. They will not achieve none of these goals.

Why?  Because he suggested a player we are interested in should also be of interest to a rival?  He's just doing his job, it doesn't mean he is a hun.  Indeed I'm pretty sure Michael Stewart is no lover of the tribute act.

Not saying he is a hun but why does everything revolve around what is good for sevco. That is mostly all the Scottish Football media talk about. The exception being Celtic fan Chris Sutton.

Not saying he is a hun but why does everything revolve around what is good for sevco. That is mostly all the Scottish Football media talk about. The exception being Celtic fan Chris Sutton.

Because the majority of people in this small country will declare their allegiance to one of the Glasgow two.

Its the same principal as to why the mainstream UK media is angled towards England - 55million englaish vs 8million scots, taffs & Nirn-sish.

The media talks/ writes about what their 'majority' audience are interested in so they can sell their papers/ get their viewers/ website hits.

Its the same logic as to why the Evening Express sports reporter has a bizarre fetish for Aberdeen Football club or the Edinburgh Evening news hacks seems strangely keen on Neil & Avril's showbiz elevens

He was asked about Rangers. He answered the question by saying Moult would be an improvement up front for them.

What's so upsetting about that?

He was asked about Rangers. He answered the question by saying Moult would be an improvement up front for them.

What's so upsetting about that?

Sevco this,Sevco that, every f*cking day in every paper and Scottish football TV programme regardless on what game is being played . Just very annoying. Must be just me then  :wave:

Sevco this,Sevco that, every f*cking day in every paper and Scottish football TV programme regardless on what game is being played . Just very annoying. Must be just me then  :wave:

Completely get your rage but that's the way the fucked up country works, unfortunately. Other more important things to worry about than the zombies and their coathangers.

But that's not Michael Stewart's fault.

Scotland is fucked up in very many ways but let's not forget the natural laws of yin and yang.

Given its size, the proportion of good and great Scotland has delivered over the centuries is outstanding.

Absolutely, it was more a reference to the apologetic media / politics of the country.  There's fuck all we can do about it.

So John Egan (anyone ever heard of him ?) has just signed for Sheffield Utd for £6m.

Anyone now think we shouldn't be holding out for a minimum £5m plus add ons for McKenna  :dunno:

This is the nature of the market in Engerlund

Absolutely, it was more a reference to the apologetic media / politics of the country.  There's fuck all we can do about it.

Actually, I think your literal words were bang on.

Scotland has a totally fucked up sinister side.

The "darkness" has been captured in literature, probably best by Edgar A P and Irvine W.

Our neds are lower than imagination could conjure.

The sectarian shite in Glasgow defies rationality.

Edinburgh's sycophancy to the crown is stomach-churning.

Fife does ignorance beyond belief and parochialism even worse than the NE.

We are indeed the sickest man in Europe, statistically proven.

But by fuck we produce some genius and for that alone, I'm happy to live here. For now.