Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Summer Transfer chat

manc_don

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Reading the quotes from DM about McKenna this morning I wish he would just rule out selling him this summer altogether.

Our season has already started so why mess about and say I would rather that it was further down the line than this summer.

I'd like to think McKenna was not that unsettled that he was wanting out ASAP.

His value appears to have rocketed over the last six months since he had his scotland outings so it's surely only going to increase further over the next six months.  Deek is just adding fuel to the fire by being so vague about it.

Reading the quotes from DM about McKenna this morning I wish he would just rule out selling him this summer altogether.

Our season has already started so why mess about and say I would rather that it was further down the line than this summer.

I'd like to think McKenna was not that unsettled that he was wanting out ASAP.

His value appears to have rocketed over the last six months since he had his scotland outings so it's surely only going to increase further over the next six months.  Deek is just adding fuel to the fire by being so vague about it.

That's probably because we can't really prevent a club from making an actual offer for McKenna, and he's just letting potential suitors know that we absolutely won't fold in terms of the asking price. He did say we are not encouraging offers, but if you come in with an offer, it has to be on our terms.

Maybe but why not just say he will go when the time is right and the offer is right but it won't be this summer.

He says he's not encouraging bids but then says he "hopes" it's not this summer.  Just means he has to spend every press conference speaking about it like when he was linked with the huns himself.  He's normally great with the press but I don't think he's doing himself any favours by playing it this way.

Maybe but why not just say he will go when the time is right and the offer is right but it won't be this summer.

He says he's not encouraging bids but then says he "hopes" it's not this summer.  Just means he has to spend every press conference speaking about it like when he was linked with the huns himself.  He's normally great with the press but I don't think he's doing himself any favours by playing it this way.

Maybe they're actually trying to encourage other interested parties to come forward, knowing a bidding war will push the price up?

Maybe they're actually trying to encourage other interested parties to come forward, knowing a bidding war will push the price up?

Your absolutely right but a manager's life is so short term why would McInnes want to encourage bids for his best player?  It will do him no good whatsoever getting rid of McKenna, he would get a fraction of the transfer fee to spend because the rest would go towards the new stadium and his team would be worse off.  Plus the transfer window will close shortly so time is ticking to even get anyone else in.  Just don't get the logic.

Quick update from the Hat on the striker we are supposed to be signing......

The guy supposedly ITK has taken dogs abuse as nothing has happened as yet but insists it is still on. He has shared the name with one other member who when speared has only said he "would be surprised" if it was indeed who we are signing.

I smell shite....

Yet another update

Directors were in Burnley Cricket Club pre match. Have apparently told the fans there that we have a bid over £500k in for a player who hasnt been mentioned in press or in rumours and that its looking positive. Fingers crossed then

Fuck's sake, the reason I come on here is to avoid reading what those zoomers mash into their keyboards, can we keep their attention seeking nonsense on their own site?

Is the correct answer.

I had over 3.000 posts on the Hat before I had Counselling...anyway Moult is on his way North.

The Sun

Celtic consider bid for Aberdeen star Scott McKenna as Dons fight off interest from SwanseaNow we can reveal that the Hoops are also considering entering the market for McKenna, 23.Parkhead boss Brendan Rodgers has been searching for a left-sided centre-half. McKenna skippered Scotland in the friendly against Mexico and is thought to be among a group of young stoppers he’s considering. Swansea would need to make their move before 5pm next Thursday, with the transfer window down south closing that day.

Crap from the Sun AGAIN, on the first day of the Scottish Premiership.

Is the correct answer.

I had over 3.000 posts on the Hat before I had Counselling...anyway Moult is on his way North.

Let’s put Moult to bed. Given the number 9 shirt and started their first game of the season. Not the behavior of a club wanting to ship him out and, since he’s not out of favour, I don’t think we can afford him, loan or buying.