Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Summer Transfer chat

manc_don

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the same plane as Batistuta, Klinsmann, Ginola & Taffarel?

You may not be aware but we were offered Kilnnsman for 20k a week. We know this for fact because the chairman told us, at the first AFC shareholders meeting at the Capitol. He had received a fax that week. For younger posters, a fax was a communication medium that preceded the internet and e-mail.

He dismissed it as ludicrous by reason of the exorbitance of the wage demand. Some of us calculated that an extra couple of thousand on the gate MORE than paid for it, let alone other commercial opportunities including shirts but that was effectively the last thing the hapless Ian Donald ever did in an AFC capacity, before being usurped, screwed over and spat into the dirt by an ambitious new director sitting to his right, a certain Stewrat Milne.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

In fairness I think Klinsmann wanting to sign for the Dons is about as likely as that P and J story linking us with Eric Cantona during his ban period (on April 1st I think it was)!

In fairness I think Klinsmann wanting to sign for the Dons is about as likely as that P and J story linking us with Eric Cantona during his ban period (on April 1st I think it was)!

You're becoming an obstinate pain in the fucking arse. Ever since you lost money being a spastic punter coincidentally.

Him "wanting" to sign for Aberdeen isn't relevant. He WOULD have been an Aberdeen player if we were the first club to put up the money, or at least gone straight in to negotiate.

You need to clean up your thinking son.

Failing that,I would take a punt with Harrington at R/B.If he's good enough for the bench etc,and before Ball loses the confidence he built up

If Harrington is any worse than Ball at right back then he would be as well looking at alternative employment.

If Harrington is any worse than Ball at right back then he would be as well looking at alternative employment.

That wasn't the worst Dom Ball at right back performance to be fair. At least he showed some fight and some effort despite being relatively gash. He was unlucky for the goal too, he misjudged the deflection, and was out of position and brought the player down (although there was barely a touch on the fanny, who was clearly frightened to go on and have a shot). Also, after the Motherwell game it was good of him to even agree to play there again. He wasn't even close to being the worst player on the pitch on Sunday either. The huns possibly wasn't the right game to test Harrington, so get him in for Dundee and see how he gets on. Keep a traffic cone on the bench to bring on if he's playing shite.

That wasn't the worst Dom Ball at right back performance to be fair. At least he showed some fight and some effort despite being relatively gash. He was unlucky for the goal too, he misjudged the deflection, and was out of position and brought the player down (although there was barely a touch on the fanny, who was clearly frightened to go on and have a shot). Also, after the Motherwell game it was good of him to even agree to play there again. He wasn't even close to being the worst player on the pitch on Sunday either. The huns possibly wasn't the right game to test Harrington, so get him in for Dundee and see how he gets on. Keep a traffic cone on the bench to bring on if he's playing shite.

I actually feared the worst when I saw Ball at RB on Sunday, but he did fine enough considering. I have actually been impressed the way in which he came back from the Motherwell semi final game, from which I didn't even expect him to feature again for the club, let alone come back for a second spell.

A decent enough player to have in the squad and he seems to like playing here which is always a bonus.

Apparently there’s an unnamed Scottish team battling with Hearts to get Demetri Mitchell on loan for the season. Could be us?

Hemmin, if you're going to name some no-mark English player at least gie us some background!

He's a left back from Manchester Utd for those of you who were equally appalled by the lack of information supplied by Slim. Hopefully he can play right back.

Apparently there’s an unnamed Scottish team battling with Hearts to get Demetri Mitchell on loan for the season. Could be us?

His name was mentioned on the Hat a couple of days ago guy said we were in for him. He was decent for Hearts last season before getting injured so would be happy with this one if it has legs