Saturday 28th September 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Dundee v Aberdeen

Aberdeen V Sevco

Lencarl

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

happy with the second half ? team hasnt laid a finger on a shite rangers side, failure to adapt and out thought by jimmy nicholl .. we winning v celtic then ?

Yes, they are a shite rangers side. But many argue we are a shite Aberdeen side. Don’t think we were out thought, Rangers passed the ball better at times and we showed we are limited which we all know. All of the following played their typical game - ball is limited, as is Stewart, Christie and GMS inconsistent, and I’ve yet to see cosgrove in a scoring position. It sounds like you are expecting something we do not have.

Yes, they are a shite rangers side. But many argue we are a shite Aberdeen side. Don’t think we were out thought, Rangers passed the ball better at times and we showed we are limited which we all know. All of the following played their typical game - ball is limited, as is Stewart, Christie and GMS inconsistent, and I’ve yet to see cosgrove in a scoring position. It sounds like you are expecting something we do not have.

In terms of effort, i would question where the fuck that's been all season against them and septic.  tonight was acceptable albeit poor execution.  I think Cosgrove needed someone playing off him.  holds the ball up incredibly well but yes, doesn't look like scoring.  I've no big issues with that providing others are scoring from his play.

Draw was probably a fair result. We worked very hard but created little. Tribute Act came more into it in the second half and we were hanging on in the end. Seems we have found another striker who does not look like scoring which is a major draw back for a striker. Cannot fault the lads work rate however.

We started off poorly and let them come at us and I think most were thinking the worst, but we clawed ourselves back into it and played some decent stuff with McLean usually in the thick of it and was no surprise when he got taken out by the hun cunt in the first half he didn't have the same impact on the rest of the game, which was a shame as he looked well up for it. He was raging when they scored, based on the second half of the season we are going to miss him (Sorry Donsdaft).

In the second half they wanted it more and we seemed to let them, we possibly needed a tactical change earlier, but the options were limited, possibly a player like Wright might have made a difference, but he is so far out of the picture he was on the bench to make up numbers and nothing more, but an injection of pace may have helped us.

I was surprised he took off Ball for Stewart as I thought Ball had a good game up until that point, words I never thought I'd ever say, with Christie offering very little throughout and surprised me by lasting the whole game.

I thought Rangers were brutal and Collum was his usual incompetent self throughout.

I would have bit your hand off for a draw before the game, but felt we should have taken more from the game, but failed to do much in the second half

Cosgrove getting some stick for not being a goalscorer, but it would possibly help if he got into the box, he certainly needs someone alongside him if we are going to use him correctly, but  thought he was excellent in the first half. If GMS was carrying an injury then he put in a great shift for us last night, he may not be a Johnny Hayes, but certainly seen an improvement in his overall game the past few weeks.

What I want to know is why they sang god save the queen last night?

There's obviously no correlation between that and Scottish fitba but why are they the only people in the land who sing this? What is going through their tiny little minds? It's obviously not a protest song or an act of defiance given that it is indeed Britain in which they're singing it but what exactly is going on here?

There's obviously no correlation between that and Scottish fitba but why are they the only people in the land who sing this? What is going through their tiny little minds? It's obviously not a protest song or an act of defiance given that it is indeed Britain in which they're singing it but what exactly is going on here?

Aye, it was fucking weird. Were they singing it at us? I felt a bit of pity for them at that point. A bunch of people who clearly don't understand what or why they are singing something, in protest against nothing. It didn't even seem to rile our fans, just a weird sort of: Eh? Simpletons.

We started off poorly and let them come at us and I think most were thinking the worst, but we clawed ourselves back into it and played some decent stuff with McLean usually in the thick of it and was no surprise when he got taken out by the hun cunt in the first half he didn't have the same impact on the rest of the game, which was a shame as he looked well up for it. He was raging when they scored, based on the second half of the season we are going to miss him (Sorry Donsdaft).

In the second half they wanted it more and we seemed to let them, we possibly needed a tactical change earlier, but the options were limited, possibly a player like Wright might have made a difference, but he is so far out of the picture he was on the bench to make up numbers and nothing more, but an injection of pace may have helped us.

I was surprised he took off Ball for Stewart as I thought Ball had a good game up until that point, words I never thought I'd ever say, with Christie offering very little throughout and surprised me by lasting the whole game.

I thought Rangers were brutal and Collum was his usual incompetent self throughout.

I would have bit your hand off for a draw before the game, but felt we should have taken more from the game, but failed to do much in the second half

Cosgrove getting some stick for not being a goalscorer, but it would possibly help if he got into the box, he certainly needs someone alongside him if we are going to use him correctly, but  thought he was excellent in the first half. If GMS was carrying an injury then he put in a great shift for us last night, he may not be a Johnny Hayes, but certainly seen an improvement in his overall game the past few weeks.

Steven McLean was the ref last night.

Cosgrove did well, he's still a bit raw and needs coaching but I think he's showing promise.  I wouldn't want him to be first choice given the style of football that will mean but there will be games where he will be very useful for us.

Thought we showed far greater intensity last night than we have against them previously but we dropped out of it when McLean got his knock.

A draw was probably fair; haven't seen a replay of it but I thought Lewis was slow to react to the second ball at their goal, but ultimately last night was the same as a lot of matches this season - we just don't create enough chances these days.

Also, I had said on the way up to Pittodrie last night that it would be a gift if the huns play Halliday at left back.  And they did, and yet we never exploited it. We always went down the other wing, trying that floaty ball in behind Tavernier which he got wise to pretty quickly. Why didn't we switch GMS to try to get him running at Halliday? Pretty simple stuff, baffling we never attempted to make more of it.

Also, I had said on the way up to Pittodrie last night that it would be a gift if the huns play Halliday at left back.  And they did, and yet we never exploited it. We always went down the other wing, trying that floaty ball in behind Tavernier which he got wise to pretty quickly. Why didn't we switch GMS to try to get him running at Halliday? Pretty simple stuff, baffling we never attempted to make more of it.

I think that he didn't trust Christie to track Tavernier. He's very dangerous on the break and - other than a couple of lapses - he didn't do that for most of the night as GMS kept him reasonably deep. We should be able to reasonably expect Christie to take Halliday to the cleaners on each attack though, but he looked scared and way off the pace. I'd have taken on Wright after 50 minutes to really go at Halliday, but he's biffed McInnes' sister or something I assume. Stewart plays into their hands a little as - despite reasonable trickery - Halliday is comfortable at that level of pace.

Anyway, an entertaining game all said, and worth the entrance money. Not said that too often this season.

I think that he didn't trust Christie to track Tavernier. He's very dangerous on the break and - other than a couple of lapses - he didn't do that for most of the night as GMS kept him reasonably deep. We should be able to reasonably expect Christie to take Halliday to the cleaners on each attack though, but he looked scared and way off the pace. I'd have taken on Wright after 50 minutes to really go at Halliday, but he's biffed McInnes' sister or something I assume. Stewart plays into their hands a little as - despite reasonable trickery - Halliday is comfortable at that level of pace.

Anyway, an entertaining game all said, and worth the entrance money. Not said that too often this season.

Christie could easily have halted Tavernier's progress as well, fuck knows he wasn't doing anything else last night.

Stewart, again, should have been played behind the striker when he came on, putting him on the wing gives us nothing and wastes his abilities.

Christie could easily have halted Tavernier's progress as well, fuck knows he wasn't doing anything else last night.

Stewart, again, should have been played behind the striker when he came on, putting him on the wing gives us nothing and wastes his abilities.

This is what I really didn’t understand. It doesnt work, we all know it, but is McInnes that pig headed to ignore this fact? It’s a rhetorical question, I already know the answer. Christie has been a waste of a jersey since jan. if not before. Won’t be missed either.

Yep, I agree, I'm just giving some possible reasoning. Tavernier is very quick, quicker than Christie.

I'd have taken Wright on for Christie and Stewart on for Ball and played Stewart as you suggest. I think McInnes like the idea of Christie and Stewart being able to switch from wing to centre throughout the game (or half), much as he does with McGinn and Christie. I think it has a detrimental effect on all 3!

We started off giving them too much time on the ball. There was a point in about the 10th minute I was screaming at the telly as their CB's were knocking it about between them and Cosgrove was the only one in their half.

McLean then stepped up and was providing a bit of support for Cosgrove and we got a foothold. Started to press and the huns only response was thumping long balls up to Morelos and occasionally Candieas. Both were getting frustrated as they were being dealt with quite easily. Said about the 40th minute "we need to get another before half time. Wasn't too worried when we went in at 1-0 as thought we'd have another 20/25 minutes in the tank.

Second half we reverted to the same as first ten minutes. No press, midfield getting sucked into defending in tight areas, balls ricocheting around and when it was cleared no one to offer support to Cosgrove. Yet the huns were still not creating any decent chance; even their goal was luck rather than any real danger.

Christie whole game was 1/2/3 touches too many. Easiest ball is the best one, it's why he's fine against the Partick's and Hamilton's but playing against the bigger boys you need better decision making. Some of the huns were doing it too but they weren't too pussy to clatter through our players, instead of Christie's stop and wave a toe at the ball as it's hoofed down field to create a break.

Have to agree with comments re: Halliday. When we did have attacks down there, was often 3 huns defending (obviously recognising the weakness but too often Christie's extra touches meant we took no advantage of a player in the middle being out of position

Ref was shit too. Obviously got told at half time that if he continued giving decisions correctly he 'd have to send at least one hun off. Lead up to their goal was a joke. Cosgrove gets pulled up for a shove in the back. Then Ball gets a two handed shove in his back, someone else at the back maybe Considine? nothing given all within about 90 seconds. Morelos should have been off for raising his hands to Logan, no different to Floods the night before. Goss should have been off too for two yellows.

What have we got from the BBC today??

"Was Aberdeen Penalty Call Correct?"

Fuck off...

Basically they think they're getting it right up us but what they'd do well to remember is that the NE of Scotland is, per capita, much more unionist than Glasgow. Most of the dos cunts in the home end whinging about their bile are indirectly at fault.