Sunday 6th October 2024 - kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership: Aberdeen v Hearts

Season 2019/2020 Rebuilding

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the ridiculous sum Leicester got for Maguire, fuck knows what value big CB's can go for.

During the World Cup, Maguire was a serious prospect for a big money transfer. Given the whole season he's had since, I would have estimated that his worth was about a third now compared to then and there's no way his value was a quarter of a billion.

Vyner is  a rb who can play cb, suggest he is cover for logan ?

Think on his various loans he's mainly turned out at centre back. Certainly played there all last year for Rotherham. We definitely needed cover for Logan and this guy can do it but as has been been said by LA-Don...…...certain this is more to do with the fitness (or lack of) of Taylor and especially Devlin. The Mckenna situation might also have a bearing on it, if indeed as some papers are suggesting, he isn't going to be travelling to Croatia.

EDIT...read article wrong....does indeed seem to be mainly a right back that can fill in at CH when required

To be honest, we're probably more in need of right back cover when Devlin and Taylor are both fit anyway. The fact that he's played CB before means he can slot in there tomorrow night and perhaps the next couple of games. Whilst the European games are very important, we need to sign someone that's going to cover us for the whole season. Hopefully he'll be half decent. I'm not expecting much and the circumstances are a little bit beyond our control - I suspect he wouldn't have been our first choice and we'd have preferred to see who was still around post English window close. Anyway, we need someone, and he is someone.

Is May off today as well?

In principal, the Vyner transfer sounds like a good one. We've been waiting for competition to Logan for a while. And given our current CB issue, if he can play there too, happy days.  I hope someone has given McKenna a clip around the ear.

Is May off today as well?

In principal, the Vyner transfer sounds like a good one. We've been waiting for competition to Logan for a while. And given our current CB issue, if he can play there too, happy days.  I hope someone has given McKenna a clip around the ear.

Young Ramsay is also competiton for Logan as can play right back as well as midfield.

McInnes obviously has very high hopes for him as only turned 16 at end of July and would have been registered for Europe but still just fifteen when squad had to be registered.

I'm not convinced he's actually in Croatia. What I think has happened is that he's had the registration rushed through last night.....technically makes him available for tonight but in reality was done so to ensure he's available for the return leg next week.

I really doubt we would have charted him a private jet and whilst I think getting him there scheduled might just be possible (albeit likely with a bit of a car journey at the other end....maybe from Split, Zagreb, Ljubljana or Trieste)...he'd be of no real use to us (wouldn't even know his team-mates names) nor have trained with us to have even a semblance of what tactics we are employing.

Squad number 33 btw

EDIT......Evening Express saying he's still in Bristol