Season 2019/2020 Rebuilding

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James Morrison is still a free agent, would you??

I'd imagine he would (under normal circumstances) be well out of our price range. However either he has had no interest so far, or he's turned down moves he doesn't fancy/don't pay enough. He will have earnt enough at WBA to ensure he never has to work again if he doesn't want to so I suspect the question would be more "Would he?"

Not sure he'd fancy uprooting from The Midlands to a northern outpost to earn a quarter of what he's used to. Anyway right now it's a holding midfielder we need more than anything. Not likely to see Ojo before Xmas and Campbell himself is only just returning from injury.

• 1 month later...

Absolutely agree about no to O' Neill and yes to Mulumbu. Have to question why it has taken us so long to act though. Our absolute worst injury problems were a month ago. Seems bizarre to bring someone in now when most of our players are back and only Ojo and Wright will be out for any length of time.

Downside is that it pretty much condemns Campbell to either a stint in the reserves or the odd bench appearance from now on (assuming one of them signs).

Scottish Sun ( I know, I know ) reporting that we are looking to add Gary O'Neill or Youseff Mulumbu, to help ease the Midfield Injury situation. Apparently McInnes has already held talks with O'Neill.

We were supposed to be speaking to O'Neill prior to last international break. Seems a bit odd to say the least if we are only acting on this now.

Is Gary ONeil another holding mid? No to Mulumbu. This reeks of panic. We can survive against all bar the old firm with what we have, if we sign a midfielder it must be a creative #10. As so many have said endlessly, including myself, that’s what we seriously need. Anything else is desperation. We have Ferguson and Campbell healthy, plus Bryson, and Vyner and Leigh, get a creative spark or we continue to die a slow death.

Is Gary ONeil another holding mid? No to Mulumbu. This reeks of panic. We can survive against all bar the old firm with what we have, if we sign a midfielder it must be a creative #10. As so many have said endlessly, including myself, that’s what we seriously need. Anything else is desperation. We have Ferguson and Campbell healthy, plus Bryson, and Vyner and Leigh, get a creative spark or we continue to die a slow death.

Did you nae see the Celtic game? Panic would be an underreaction.

Do you think he'd be open to joining us?

He was with us as a youth. We would likely be able to double his Kilmarnock wage. But so would pretty much every EFL1 club. FWIW....I think we could find a younger and better right back who would cost no more in pretty much every league in Europe.

He was with us as a youth. We would likely be able to double his Kilmarnock wage. But so would pretty much every EFL1 club. FWIW....I think we could find a younger and better right back who would cost no more in pretty much every league in Europe.

Totally agree with your last sentence TC

Would reek of lazy or non existance scouting

Logan was superb in his first year and a half. His decline has been consistently regressive.

The best question to consider is why?

Therein will be found a LOT of answers as to why it's all turning to shit. Consistently and regressively.

Is it not partly that hes starting to lose his pace? I would say the same of Mcginn recently, still a good player but not as mobile as he once was. They are both in there 30's now.

Is it not partly that hes starting to lose his pace? I would say the same of Mcginn recently, still a good player but not as mobile as he once was. They are both in there 30's now.

That's a valid point and a good argument. However he's become very error-prone where he was consistently reliable before. I think there's much more to it than simply the ageing process. At 31 now, he's been much less from the age of 28/29 onwards when he really should have been in his prime.

McGinn should never have been re-signed. If he's of the right standard, forget competing for and winning stuff. A good team has consistent performers. He's incapable of 2 good games in 10.

I don't see it as lazy scouting at all, he's a good full back that has plenty of experience in this division now and is, whether on merit or not, an International. Would be available on a Free Transfer as well, we can still bring in a Ball/Vyner type player to cover injury/suspension.

But I do agree that he'd probably prefer a move to England, be it a Championship/League 1 team. I just think we should at the very least, talk to him.

He would definitely be an improvement on Logan at this time.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, with change at the club and apparent ambitions high, any chance of a January arrival or two? It appears Bryson is crocked again, and we are crying out for a Maddison/Christie attacking mid, anyone see squad additions this January?

Guess it will depend who our new American overlords have surplus to requirements in Atlanta’s reserves.

I think we will see a Chelsea Reserve player coming on loan, maybe even get Hector back on loan too! I think one of the good things regarding McInnes is his relationship with Lampard & Jody Morris, Chelsea have fucking lots of Youth players and I'm extremely confident that we will see one or two come on loan whilst Lampard is still the Manager there.

I think we will see a Chelsea Reserve player coming on loan, maybe even get Hector back on loan too! I think one of the good things regarding McInnes is his relationship with Lampard & Jody Morris, Chelsea have fucking lots of Youth players and I'm extremely confident that we will see one or two come on loan whilst Lampard is still the Manager there.

Hector is joining Fulham in January on a permanent transfer for an undisclosed fee. Was too late to join before the window closed in summer but apparently has been allowed to train full time with Fulham ever since.

Agree we might well see one of their youngsters join on loan though