Saturday 21st September 2024 - kick-off 5.30pm

🏆 Scottish League Cup: Aberdeen v The Spartans

Season 2019/2020 Rebuilding

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a key position that needed filled, he looks absolutely delighted to be here as well. Erevidisie ( sp ) isn't an easy league, he managed 13 appearances there last season and the NAC Breda fans on their Twitter feed are not happy that he's been allowed to leave.

Welcome aboard Greg, squad starting to take shape, apparently Gleeson isn't with the squad either, so looks like he'll be released, unless there are mitigating circumstances.

a left field signing interesting  one seems passionate , positive

We might just have pulled a rabbit out of the hat here.

Brada fans seem none too happy about him leaving which is always a good sign.

Apparently we were very close to getting him in back in January

Yeah,unfortunately i think Lowe might end up at huns  :( 

Good to see us making signings fine & early though.

I don't...…….they have a top heavy squad already and now need to ship players out. If he comes north of the border, it'll be to the dhims

Was a key position that needed filled, he looks absolutely delighted to be here as well. Erevidisie ( sp ) isn't an easy league, he managed 13 appearances there last season and the NAC Breda fans on their Twitter feed are not happy that he's been allowed to leave.

Welcome aboard Greg, squad starting to take shape, apparently Gleeson isn't with the squad either, so looks like he'll be released, unless there are mitigating circumstances.

Turns out there is indeed mitigating circumstances, Gleeson has a knee injury, so is doing light training, he is with the squad in Ireland after all.

Coming back to Greg Leigh, he looks like a bit of a machine, very athletic and very quick. I actually think he might turn out to be a very shrewd addition, who will quickly become a fans favourite.

Turns out there is indeed mitigating circumstances, Gleeson has a knee injury, so is doing light training, he is with the squad in Ireland after all.

I think that you really need to be looking into these things in a lot more detail before getting people's hopes up.

Coming back to Greg Leigh, he looks like a bit of a machine, very athletic and very quick. I actually think he might turn out to be a very shrewd addition, who will quickly become a fans favourite.

He looks like the type of player that we might - like Lowe - regret not getting in permanently. Although I suppose that is the market we are in.

I think that you really need to be looking into these things in a lot more detail before getting people's hopes up.

He looks like the type of player that we might - like Lowe - regret not getting in permanently. Although I suppose that is the market we are in.

Don't we have an option to take Leigh permanently? That was never a realistic scenario, never mind defined option, with Lowe.

Don't we have an option to take Leigh permanently? That was never a realistic scenario, never mind defined option, with Lowe.

How does that work in reality though? Does it not just mean that we have a pre-defined price with his parent club? If he turns out to be ace and the huns offer his parent club the same as us but offer him double the wages he's still obliged to join us? Or is it that both player and parent club have agreed a transfer fee and salary that they will accept if we trigger an option clause? In other words, he's effectively contracted to the dons beyond the end of the season unless we think he's pap?

How does that work in reality though? Does it not just mean that we have a pre-defined price with his parent club? If he turns out to be ace and the huns offer his parent club the same as us but offer him double the wages he's still obliged to join us? Or is it that both player and parent club have agreed a transfer fee and salary that they will accept if we trigger an option clause? In other words, he's effectively contracted to the dons beyond the end of the season unless we think he's pap?

I would imagine it's an agreed fee between the clubs, which at least indicates he's going to be affordable. That was never going to be the case with Lowe. IMO that means there's a much better prospect of turning a good loan into something permanent in this case.

:rofl: I apologise wholeheartedly. I'm still holding out for him becoming a key member of our 11!  :thumbsup:

I would imagine it's an agreed fee between the clubs, which at least indicates he's going to be affordable. That was never going to be the case with Lowe. IMO that means there's a much better prospect of turning a good loan into something permanent in this case.

That's how I took it. Gives us the option to bin next summer if he turns out to be pants. Conversely, we risk losing him to another side willing to pay more to Breda and/or the player if he shines. On balance probably the correct decision though

Mark O'Hara rumor.

Going on the assumption that the ugly sisters would have far more money to spunk on players than O'Hara, then that only leaves us or Killie, or at least so this article goes on to surmise.

"Peterborough United owner Darragh MacAnthony has confirmed that a ‘top 4’ SPFL side are interested in United midfielder Mark O’Hara.

The Scotsman moved to the Posh last year after a fruitful spell with Dundee. It hasn’t quite worked for him though, with the Weston Homes Stadium side farming him out to Lincoln City on loan for a spell.

O’Hara is wanted by a top four SPFL club according to the Posh chairman.

Now owner MacAnthony has confirmed Scottish interest in him. Responding to a fan on Twitter, he said: “Lincoln want him but need to raise funds to do deal & SPFL club also now in for him… top 4 club”"

Mark O'Hara rumor.

Going on the assumption that the ugly sisters would have far more money to spunk on players than O'Hara, then that only leaves us or Killie, or at least so this article goes on to surmise.

"Peterborough United owner Darragh MacAnthony has confirmed that a ‘top 4’ SPFL side are interested in United midfielder Mark O’Hara.

The Scotsman moved to the Posh last year after a fruitful spell with Dundee. It hasn’t quite worked for him though, with the Weston Homes Stadium side farming him out to Lincoln City on loan for a spell.

O’Hara is wanted by a top four SPFL club according to the Posh chairman.

Now owner MacAnthony has confirmed Scottish interest in him. Responding to a fan on Twitter, he said: “Lincoln want him but need to raise funds to do deal & SPFL club also now in for him… top 4 club”"

The Daily Express says it's Killie who are in for O'Hara. Pity, I think he could be useful.